Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineprayformojo
Stranger
pins and aborts more potent than normal shrooms?
    #8489621 - 06/05/08 06:50 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I've heard this is true and I've got a nice big bag of very tiny mushrooms saved up over the last few grows.  Just wondering what other people's experience has been regarding pins/aborts and their potency compared to normal shrooms.  My next planned experiment is trying a gram of them and seeing what happens

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTryptoFan
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: pins and aborts more potent than normal shrooms? [Re: prayformojo]
    #8490426 - 06/05/08 09:49 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Hey I'm planing on doing the same thing within the next few weeks.  I was thinking more like 3 grams but thats cause I have to eat more mushrooms than most to trip. 

I pretty sure the theory is that the mushrooms have a higher concentration of tryptamines by weight when they are smaller.  And the psilocybin does not necessarily increase proportionally with the size of the mushrooms as they grow.

When do you plan on dosing your aborts?

--------------------
~~O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!~~

OfflineBig_Whoop
giver of two shits
Male User Gallery

Loc: southern ontario Flag
Re: pins and aborts more potent than normal shrooms? [Re: TryptoFan]
    #8490670 - 06/05/08 10:24 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

the pins are said to be just as potent. MY only experince with them is very limited. Ive only done a .5 of them.:rolleyes:

--------------------

the pillars of the universe are taking a break at the moment, please call again

OfflineThePsyGuy
Stranger
Re: pins and aborts more potent than normal shrooms? [Re: prayformojo]
    #27003161 - 10/25/20 05:13 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I'm brand new to growing, and I had some early pinning in my BRF jars (I used the tall narrow ones, and had some issues), so I decided to birth them early because the pins were seriously smashed against the glass and I was worried about breaking and rotting.  I damaged the pins getting the cakes from the jar because I used the wrong ones, so I decided to remove them and figured I'd test them out.  I've done up to 5grams (dry) before, and usually take between 3.5 and 5 (again dry) when I trip.  Well the pins and aborts I pulled from the cakes before putting them in the fruiting chamber added up to 17 grams (wet), which I figure is roughly equal to 1.7 grams dry.  I've heard they are more potent by roughly 20%, so I imagine potency wise they should have been the same as just over 2grams.  WELL....I went on a WILD trip!  Much more so than I have on 3.5 - 5grams.  These were the only pins/aborts I've ever eaten, but anecdotally, I would have to say, YES, they are much more potent than full grown mushies.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract