Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePsynsns
Stranger

Local Population Affecting Head
    #8478335 - 06/03/08 04:06 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

A friend of mine has lived in several places throughout the U.S., having tripped in each place.

He insists that his trips are sometimes shaped by the local attitudes, dialects, etc. It seems that the local spirit of the place, at least his conception of it, sometimes dominates his vulnerable tripping head.

Tripping in Connecticut has lead to understanding materialism and pomp. A trip in Maine had him wanting to buy land, stock up on guns, hunt and fish, etc.

His trips have been deeply influenced by surroundings. This is nothing new to most of us, but I do find it interesting that set and setting can be a little farther reaching than whose house one trips in.

I think the answer is getting out into nature while the mind is so open.

Anyone else notice this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCoaster
BaĘżal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: Local Population Affecting Head [Re: Psynsns]
    #8478338 - 06/03/08 04:08 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

iono i get head all the time it seems just fine to me

--------------------

OfflineAiko Aiko
 User Gallery

Loc: Lazy River Road
Re: Local Population Affecting Head [Re: Coaster]
    #8478357 - 06/03/08 04:23 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

huh...:rolleyes:

ohhhh, I re-read the title...ha

--------------------
Easily test the dosage of your tabs at home!:lsd:
qtests.org

Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

Edited by Aiko Aiko (06/03/08 04:31 AM)

Invisiblegrymmtymm
lostinthought
 User Gallery

Loc: inside your head
    #8478408 - 06/03/08 04:56 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

when i'm at home, tripping by myself, i usually have a little more aprehension or anxiety at first, but that quickly subsides and then i have the best trips, visually and intellectually

--------------------
If you always do what you always did you always get what you always got.

OfflineS.T.Icarus
Orange Hexagon Sun
Male

Loc: Earth
Re: Local Population Affecting Head [Re: grymmtymm]
    #8478423 - 06/03/08 05:13 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Anyone else notice this?

I think it's called setting :yinyang:

--------------------
Soma FM

Invisiblemonkeyheaven
Male

Loc: yonder
    #8478620 - 06/03/08 07:20 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Psynsns said:
A friend of mine has lived in several places throughout the U.S., having tripped in each place.

He insists that his trips are sometimes shaped by the local attitudes, dialects, etc. It seems that the local spirit of the place, at least his conception of it, sometimes dominates his vulnerable tripping head.

Tripping in Connecticut has lead to understanding materialism and pomp. A trip in Maine had him wanting to buy land, stock up on guns, hunt and fish, etc.

His trips have been deeply influenced by surroundings. This is nothing new to most of us, but I do find it interesting that set and setting can be a little farther reaching than whose house one trips in.

I think the answer is getting out into nature while the mind is so open.

Anyone else notice this?

Yeah, different places make different vibes, but all the New England states are like kissing cousins, tell your friend to travel south, west, or both a bit, and see what happens. Some would think that materialism, pomp, and wanting guns is the antithesis to the proper trip vibe, but I can personally attest to the fact that sometimes you just want to pop off a few shots from a shotgun, into the air of course, at nothing in particular.

OfflinePsynsns
Stranger

Re: Local Population Affecting Head [Re: monkeyheaven]
    #8482325 - 06/04/08 03:24 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Yeah, different places make different vibes, but all the New England states are like kissing cousins, tell your friend to travel south, west, or both a bit, and see what happens. Some would think that materialism, pomp, and wanting guns is the antithesis to the proper trip vibe, but I can personally attest to the fact that sometimes you just want to pop off a few shots from a shotgun, into the air of course, at nothing in particular.

My friend has lived also in the PNW, the southwest, and the upper midwest. The PNW trips were in Mt. Rainier N.P., so things were unaffected by society. No trips in the Southwest.

He did shroom up in Fargo, ND...in town. The trip opened him up to unconditional love for family and an appreciation for "the rules". Makes perfect sense as Fargo is a very conservative, pure, family oriented place.

OfflinePsynsns
Stranger

#8482337 - 06/04/08 03:30 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I'd just like to add that he was not looking to fire some shots into the air, but to prepare for the upcoming time of turmoil that Jesus told him was about to happen. Things were a little heavy that day.

Invisiblemonkeyheaven
Male

Loc: yonder
    #8482472 - 06/04/08 05:10 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Psynsns said:
I'd just like to add that he was not looking to fire some shots into the air, but to prepare for the upcoming time of turmoil that Jesus told him was about to happen. Things were a little heavy that day.

Yeah, mixing guns, Jesus, North Dakota, and psychedelics is certainly a recipe for disaster.

Seriously though, I can definitely relate to the traveling around and picking up different values, having moved around my whole life, and picked up new stuff everywhere I've partied and lived. What's really weird is when you go back and hang out with the people who never moved, you realize how much you've changed.

There's often that familiar headspace though when people trip in different places. Like you can be on vacation in some strange country in a hotel, and get that dejavu feeling like you're back home, wherever that is.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag