Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery

Loc: innsmouth..MA
revenge of the cat ladies...
    #8478085 - 06/03/08 01:54 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

personally..while i have taken notice of an unjustified pro-obama bias in the MSM in another post.. it did not really come across to me as gender discrimination.. nor did the DNC/RBC decision on FL/MI...

but the bold text in the second link is especially chilling...hillary does have a strong case to bring to the convention..but in doing so she must be careful not to cater to this kind of attitude.. despite the fact that cat ladies are the single largest voting bloc in the country...

http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=13302

Quote:

Crone Wars
By Robert Stacy McCain
Published 6/2/2008 12:08:50 AM

Because all the smart, hip, young "progressives" were enthralled by Sen. Barack Obama, the Democratic Party elite were able to convince themselves that Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton had no real supporters -- or, at least, no supporters with the kind of passionate intensity that Obama's acolytes could bring to the campaign.

Wrong. Hillary's most ardent supporters tend to be women of a certain age, but their intensity shouldn't be underestimated just because they belong to a post-menopausal demographic.

As they've watched their girl get shoved aside by the brash Obama and his youthful cohorts, Hillary's army of liberal crones has become increasingly embittered toward the Democrats.

That bitterness erupted like a volcano of venom Saturday, when some of Hillary's supporters were manhandled out of the ballroom at the Washington, D.C., hotel where the Democratic National Committee's Rules and Bylaws Committee (RBC) was meeting.

One of the ejectees, an elderly Manhattanite who identified herself as Harriet Christian, stormed up to a phalanx of TV cameras and began ranting that, by denying Michigan and Florida the full representation that Clinton had demanded, the committee was rejecting "the best nominee that's possible." She continued:

"And the Democrats are throwing the election away! For what? An inadequate black male who would not have been running had it not been a white woman that was running for president! And I'm not going to shut my mouth anymore!...I'm no second-class citizen -- and g--damn the Democrats!"

Incoherent and irrational -- and perhaps, in some sense, racist -- as her rant may have been, Ms. Christian's sentiments were echoed by other pro-Hillary protesters who were tossed out of Saturday's RBC meeting at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel.

"I've been voting for 40 years," said Deborah Foster, a gray-haired gym teacher from Long Island, N.Y., after she was ejected. "Those idiot bosses in there have given me two winners in 40 years. And now they're going to tell us how people are voting and take votes away? The party elite sucks."

Displaying a bruise on her arm she said had been inflicted by DNC goons, Foster described how she'd been among a pro-Clinton contingent that started chanting "Denver! Denver!" when security "swarmed down" and told her, "Let's go. You've had your last chance."

WHETHER FOSTER and her comrades have truly had their last chance is a question that may remain unanswered long after the "inadequate black male" stakes his claim to the Democratic nomination.

The RBC's decision Saturday to seat the Michigan and Florida delegations -- but to count their votes at only 50 percent -- put Obama within shouting distance of a convention majority. He's now got 2,051 delegates to Hillary's 1,876, according to RealClearPolitics.com, which calculates 2,118 as the magic number needed to win in August when the Democrats convene in Denver.

Obama's August gain may be less than what Democrats lost for November, namely the goodwill of many thousands of hard-core Hillary fans.

These women have volunteered for her and cheered for her and sent her their money. On a deeper level, to many liberal women, Hillary's been a heroine since 1992. To see their candidate beat down by the Democratic elite is a sort of personal rejection of them, and who can blame them for feeling bitter?

Where that bitterness goes from here is unknown. The shouts of "Denver!" that got the pro-Hillary protesters ejected from Saturday's meeting at the Marriott found an echo in an official statement issued afterward by the Clinton campaign.

"We reserve the right to challenge this decision before the Credentials Committee" at the convention, senior adviser Harold Ickes and campaign manager Tina Flournoy wrote.

TEAM OBAMA IS reportedly seeking a "negotiated surrender" from Hillary, but if that fails, Clinton could spend the next 12 weeks in guerrilla-warfare mode, spreading the message that she's been ripped off by the DNC, and rallying her troops for an Armageddon in August.

Being a sore loser would hurt Hillary's future viability -- 2012 is still a very real option, should Obama fail this fall -- so it's more likely she'll grudgingly hoist the white flag in a couple of weeks.

Whether she'll be able to salve her supporters' bruised feelings is less certain, and perhaps irrelevant. By Nov. 4, the battle lines may be drawn so starkly, with such powerful appeals to partisan loyalty, that even Hillary's most bitter backers will feel obliged to vote for Obama.

Or maybe not. As Harriet Christian shouted at the TV cameras Saturday, "Our Democratic Party threw us down the tubes!...And they think we won't turn and vote for McCain? Well, I got news for all of you: McCain will be the next president of the United States!"

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/06/white_women_take_the_gloves_of.html

Quote:

White Women Take the Gloves Off
By Froma Harrop

The woman who shouted "McCain in '08" at the Democratic rules committee was speaking for a multitude. After mounting for months, female anger over the choreographed dumping on Hillary Clinton and her supporters has exploded -- and party loyalty be damned. That the women are beginning to have a good time is an especially bad sign for Barack Obama's campaign.

"Obama will NOT get my vote, and one step more," Ellen Thorp, a 59-year-old flight attendant from Houston told me. "I have been a Democrat for 38 years. As of today, I am registering as an independent. Yee Haw!"

A new Pew Research Center poll points to a surging tide of fury, especially among white women. As recently as April, this group preferred Obama over the presumptive Republican John McCain by three percentage points. By May, McCain enjoyed an eight-point lead among white women.

What's dangerous for the Democratic Party is that, for many women, the eye of the storm has moved beyond Hillary or anything she does at this point. The offense has turned personal.

They are now in their own orbit, having abandoned popular Democratic Websites that reveled in crude anti-Hillary outpourings -- and established new ones on which they trade stories of the Obama people's nastiness.

But worse than the online malice has been the affronts to their faces.

Tara Wooters, a 39-year-old mother from Portland, Ore., told me that wearing a Hillary sticker around town has become an act of defiance. She recalls one young man telling her, "I'd rather vote for a black man than a menopausal woman."

"We don't hurl insulting, berating remarks at Obama supporters, or at Obama himself or his family," Debbie Head, a 40-year-old from Austin, Texas, complained to me.

Remember Peggy Agar? The women do. They can't stop talking about the Detroit TV reporter who asked Obama a serious question at a Chrysler factory -- "How are you going to help American autoworkers?" -- to which he answered, "Hold on a second, sweetie."

The women are angry at the ludicrous charges of racism leveled against Clinton by the Obama camp -- amplified in the supposedly respectable media -- and projected onto themselves.

Jean B. Grillo, an "over 50" writer in lower Manhattan, was pretty straightforward: "I am so tired as a white, ultra-liberal, McGovern-voting, civil-rights marching, anti-war fighting highly educated professional woman who totally supports Hillary Clinton to be attacked and vilified as racist and or dumb."

Shauna Morris, a 44-year-old lawyer from Largo, Fla., told me, "I am upper-middle class, and I still can't stand him -- and it has nothing to do with race, believe me."

The women talk of being taken for granted by a party leadership that never spoke out on some of the outrageous Hillary bashing -- and despite the close race, joined the early rush to crown Obama.

"Many of us feel slighted," said Lynn Eyrich Harvey, 76, from Los Gatos, Calif. "We feel that years of supporting the party is unimportant, that we are to sit down and shut up -- but be sure to vote Democratic in November."

Passions can change, one supposes, but the women I hear from do not see the rampant sexism, particularly toward older women, as isolated gaffes but as a systemic dismissal of them -- an enormous voting bloc that has been reliably Democratic.

"How Obama's campaign has treated Hillary will not be forgotten," Janet Rogers, 55, who runs a Bed and Breakfast in Medina, Ohio, wrote me. "I will vote for McCain if Hillary is not the nominee. My husband and friends all feel the same way."

Indeed. McCain in '08 has suddenly become a more likely prospect.

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGastronomicus
3-0-G
Male User Gallery

Re: revenge of the cat ladies... [Re: Annapurna1]
    #8478100 - 06/03/08 02:03 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

It's laughable how stupid these people are... Clinton did nothing but attack Obama with low blows and trivial issues the entire primary season. "Waaaaahh... his pastor... waaaaaaah.... his lapel" Obama conducted himself with nothing but dignity, and in fact if these women supporters weren't so stubbornly bitchy then primary season would be over already, Obama could have declared victory a while ago but instead this season pandered on because the queen bitch couldn't stand to hear the words of the American people: NO

--------------------
Make my Funk the P Funk, I wants to get Funked up

LAGM2024

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: revenge of the cat ladies... [Re: Gastronomicus]
    #8478240 - 06/03/08 03:12 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

> Obama conducted himself with nothing but dignity,

Thus, you are an Obama supporter, yes? I can't imagine anybody other than an Obama supporter to be blind enough to label Obama dignity incarnate. All three "choices" have made less than dignified comments during the race. None of them have been immune from the old "open mouth and insert foot" gaff.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: revenge of the cat ladies... [Re: Seuss]
    #8478841 - 06/03/08 09:39 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I just find it baffling that they are directing their anger
at the DNC when it's their own state parties/assemblies that
ass-fucked them.

Further, it's intellectually disingenuous to call for full
(any) representation for FLA and MI when you consider that
HRC campaigned in Florida despite a previous agreement not
to and BRak wasn't even on the ballot in Michigan.

The thought dawned on me the other day that this could have
been a play by the Clinton team to create a get out of jail
free card at the end of the primary season...it just doesn't
look like it's going to work in the end.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: revenge of the cat ladies... [Re: Gastronomicus]
    #8478931 - 06/03/08 10:18 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Gastronomicus said:
Obama conducted himself with nothing but dignity, 

Thank the heavens that Obama, the MSM, and the DNC used all that "dignity" to push out the stronger candidate.:thumbup:

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineYossarian22
Stranger
Re: revenge of the cat ladies... [Re: Seuss]
    #8479065 - 06/03/08 11:04 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
> Obama conducted himself with nothing but dignity,

Thus, you are an Obama supporter, yes? I can't imagine anybody other than an Obama supporter to be blind enough to label Obama dignity incarnate. All three "choices" have made less than dignified comments during the race. None of them have been immune from the old "open mouth and insert foot" gaff.

Saying a couple of stupid things doesn't mean you haven't acted with dignity. By that standard, nobody has ever been dignified. Obama never personally attacked Clinton, he never used low-blow attacks like Clinton did, and he never made Hillary's gender an issue like Clinton did with Obama's race. He has conducted himself with class unlike his opponents.

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery

Re: revenge of the cat ladies... [Re: lonestar2004]
    #8479105 - 06/03/08 11:19 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

lonestar2004 said:
Quote:

Gastronomicus said:
Obama conducted himself with nothing but dignity, 

Thank the heavens that Obama, the MSM, and the DNC used all that "dignity" to push out the stronger candidate.:thumbup:

again the right wing shows its typical level of ignorance.. to wit ..neither obama nor the the MSM nor the DNC have the authority to push out the stronger candidate...only the convention delegates have that authority...names can be misleading too..since the "pledged delegates" are no more pledged than the sups...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

OfflineC.M. Mann
subconscious explorer
Male

Loc: Florida
    #8479484 - 06/03/08 01:35 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

It has been fun watching the demokrats implode from all of the built up hatred. The DNC convention is supposed to be where the fight to be nominated takes place. But!, the rules have been changed. You now have these elitist superdelegates who can arbitrarily nominate who they want. If this were republicans, liberals would be screaming "disenfranchised" at the top of their lungs. You have now made a very poor choice in obama, and you are going to have to live with it. You seem to forget that demokrats have a much lower approval rating than Bush.

OfflineGastronomicus
3-0-G
Male User Gallery

Re: revenge of the cat ladies... [Re: C.M. Mann]
    #8480278 - 06/03/08 05:00 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Well he's going to close up to nomination today anyway, and then after that he's going to stomp McCain into dust. So I don't think I made a poor choice at all

--------------------

LAGM2024

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #8480385 - 06/03/08 05:30 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

It has been fun watching the demokrats implode from all of the built up hatred.

Don't be getting your jollies off just yet. We still have half a year until the generals.

OfflineC.M. Mann
subconscious explorer
Male

Loc: Florida
Re: revenge of the cat ladies... [Re: Redstorm]
    #8483322 - 06/04/08 11:44 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Let's see; on one side you have the most liberal person in the senate, on the other side is a genuine American hero. And in the middle is hillary/bill. In my opinion nobody wins! There is so much ignorance and hatred in our Country and in the world, that most of us have already seen the best of times. If MCAIN wins at least it might not get worse for a while.

OfflineGastronomicus
3-0-G
Male User Gallery

#8483777 - 06/04/08 02:24 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

That's so wrong on so many levels. If you think that another 100 years in Iraq isn't "worse" then what we have going right now then you need to pull your head out of the sand and take a look at what the world is really like

--------------------

LAGM2024

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery

#8484310 - 06/04/08 05:06 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

C.M. Mann said:
If MCAIN wins at least it might not get worse

:rotfl:...

--------------------

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Loc: Registered: 6/04/02
    #8484985 - 06/04/08 07:33 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I read Froma's piece earlier today and have been watching this as closely as I can.

My response parallels Michael Tomasky, from the Guardian:

Once again, it's all about Hillary Clinton, who delivered the most abrasive, self-absorbed, selfish, delusional, emasculating and extortionate political speech I've heard in a long time. And I've left out some adjectives, just to be polite....

[This is] the choice she is hoping to impose on the nominee: don't choose me, and Bill and I will subtly work to see that you lose; choose me, and look like a weakling who can't lead the party without the Clintons after all. Now that's putting the interests of the party first, isn't it?

--------------------

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery

Re: revenge of the cat ladies... [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #8496598 - 06/07/08 03:43 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

if you ask me..these ppl are either idiots.. or klanners.. or both ..

EDIT ..i have just learned that this website is owned by ed and karen hale.. likely the parents/relatives of matt hale..formerly the head of the neo-nazi WCOTC and whose now in jale...

Edited by Annapurna1 (06/07/08 03:59 PM)

OfflineGastronomicus
3-0-G
Male User Gallery

#8496656 - 06/07/08 04:05 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Looks like Hillary is working hard to move her supporters to back Barack. I think once the Democratic Party unites for the general election, McCain won't even have a shred of hope

--------------------

LAGM2024

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #8499110 - 06/08/08 06:46 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

C.M. Mann said:
Let's see; on one side you have the most liberal person in the senate, on the other side is a genuine American hero.

A genuine American hero? :rofl:  Also, referring to Obama as "the most liberal person in the Senate" is pretty baseless and arbitrary.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: revenge of the cat ladies... [Re: fireworks_god]
    #8499812 - 06/08/08 12:16 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Except that Obama's voting record shows he's the most liberal in the Senate.

Phred

--------------------

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery

Re: revenge of the cat ladies... [Re: fireworks_god]
    #8500202 - 06/08/08 02:03 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Quote:

C.M. Mann said:
Let's see; on one side you have the most liberal person in the senate, on the other side is a genuine American hero.

A genuine American hero? :rofl:  Also, referring to Obama as "the most liberal person in the Senate" is pretty baseless and arbitrary.

i wouldnt exactly call someone that backs CIA torture.. illegal wiretaps.. warrantless detention of US citizens and legal aliens.. and 95% of the rest of king georges' policy a "genuine american hero" either...

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: revenge of the cat ladies... [Re: Phred]
    #8502521 - 06/09/08 04:53 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Phred said:
Except that Obama's voting record shows he's the most liberal in the Senate.

An arbitrary distinction. So, some group analyzes each vote cast and determines if they feel it is "liberal". It serves nothing more than to produce a soundbyte in lieu of any actual discussion of his voting record. Completely baseless and arbitrary, unless you care to demonstrate the votes that pushed Obama from the Democratic mainstream into being "most liberal" and show us what exactly makes them so "liberal".

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom