Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Psychedelics for psychological healing: my latest trip.
    #8470231 - 06/01/08 08:29 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

The trip before my last one was held with my best friend on LSD, me on a dose + booster of shrooms and his GF as the sitter, sober.

I'm not going into it for privacy's sake, but it was a pretty shitty trip to be in for me, socially.

The GF was very focussed on her BF's trip and got annoyed just about whenever I opened my mouth as she considered that a disruption of her BF's trip. Fucked up. She laid down some pretty bad vibes.

7 hours into the trip, both trippers still quite out there, she was tired and wanted to go home. And so it came to be her BF left with her, and the trip group broke up at the very hight of trip effects.

Needless to say I was in emotional turmoil. In my vulnerable state I was angry, frustrated, sad and felt abandoned, which lasted a grueling hour before I could reconnect with positive feelings, and the trip entered its coming down stage.

This is where it went wrong, in my reïntegration process.

In the days thereafter I was charged up by aggressive tension and great sadness. I was angry and depressed at the same time.

It got to the point where an online friend I chat with exclaimed: "OMG what happened to you?!" I was agitated and depressed and it showed up an all kinds of guises in my life, offline, online, with people and alone.
The social process of the session had fucked me up.

I spoke with my best friend and his GF, occasionally using the phrase "fucked up" plainly to describe certain actions and themes. Though it cleared the air a bit, it brought no salvation.

After a few days and some soulsearching I decided there was only one thing to do: Re-entry - an emergency session with mushrooms, solo, to get to the bottom of my hurt and suffering, getting my mind unraveled again and then paying close attention to my coming down, so that my mind would be orderly structured again.

Picture your mind as a big bookshelf full of themes. When you trip, you cloear out all the shelves and look at individual processes. In the coming down, you put all the books back on the shelf again in a new order. This new order determines your functioning in the time after the session. If its an absolute mayhem, so will your sober state be thereafter. If its very neat and orderly, more than before the session, you will function better and some degree of healing was achieved.

Re-entry.
I took my mushrooms and a booster 50 minutes into it. I opened up to the sadness and anger.

I found out my anger was mostly a protective mechanism to shield me from my pain. I homed in on the pain and felt it to the fullest. As to be expected, the social situation of the first session, though fucked up, had activated deeper biographical material, and it was that that caused me my suffering.

Themes like my mothers death and the terrible years she went through before death set her free were the force behind it, and the transition of the third to the fourth perinatal matrix underlying it all.

The re-entry made me face myself, my life and my past, and allowed me to structure it better and make peace with it to a greater extent.

Then came the after-phase, and I peacefully drifted out of the psychedelic state without seeking distraction. Six hours after the booster dose it was complete.

In the days thereafter, the agitation and depression were GONE. Simply, vanished, as the underlying biographical material had been re-structured to a more stable whole.

This trip, this re-entry, I did solely for healing purposes. There was not a shred of merry adventure in that decision, I solely took the mushrooms as Medicine.

And it worked. Counter-intuitive as it seems to fight a destabilization of the mind brought about in a trip, by tripping again mere days later, it worked for me just fine.

Re-entry to make it right again.. Ever did that?

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Edited by Asante (06/02/08 05:14 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Psychedelics for psychological healing: my latest trip. [Re: Asante]
    #8470353 - 06/01/08 09:20 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Yep...a couple times in my life I have needed to do an emergency re-entry with mushrooms, as you describe it.  Just in these past two weeks recently I tripped once, absolutely lost my brains and was left feeling pretty vulnerable, confused and freaked.  I felt like I had "unfinished business" that needed to be resolved before I felt okay.  So a couple of days passed, four or five, and then I tripped again.  Completely resolved everything for me and I feel sooo much better now. 

It's happened in the past too.  Generally when I have a traumatic experience with a psychedelic, I have to "get back on the horse" so to speak, pretty soon afterwards, to help myself recover and integrate.  I love doing this; it IS therapy and it's me being my own Doctor and taking my sacred medicine into my own hands. 

Glad you feel better!  :heart:

Offlinetoday mylove
Male User Gallery

Re: Psychedelics for psychological healing: my latest trip. [Re: MOTH]
    #8470892 - 06/01/08 12:35 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

i've done tthe reverse actually

had a wonderful acid trip, feeling better off then beofre

all so that a month later i could take a large portion of 2c-t-2 and feel like i've lost everything. deep depression resulted and i find myself encountering problems i thought i got over about a year ago.

it's weird, but sometimes i have complete faith in psychedelics and at other times i watch myself loose all grip on reality that i thought i had.

the only thing i know is that over time you will recover from each hard trip. and then after that it's up to you if you want to keep going.

my last trip was not pleasant at all and i feel like not touching psychedelics ever again.

Offlinesublime40oz
Traveler
Loc: Florida
Re: Psychedelics for psychological healing: my latest trip. [Re: today mylove]
    #8471009 - 06/01/08 01:01 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I recently read Jung's modern man in search of a soul and finally found the words, backed by theory, that can be used to explain that sudden feeling of being part of something bigger in this world, something beyond the ego, which can result from a series of, or single, intense trip. It has to do with transcending the stage of psychological development that encompasses the efforts to become "normally," socially speaking, adjusted beings.

not going to get into all that jazz in detail here...unless someone asks..., but point being, psychedelics can be incredibly positive on a person's mental well-being, and we all know they can be fairly detrimental as well.

--------------------
Beyond the gray sky

Offlinekungpow
SeasonedPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: AaAaAaAa
Re: Psychedelics for psychological healing: my latest trip. [Re: sublime40oz]
    #8471030 - 06/01/08 01:10 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah this happens to me too every time I have a bad trip. I usually try to trip once a month or so but if I have a bad one I trip the very next time that I can. It seems that after a bad trip I feel much like you describe. I have noticed that it is the worst if I don't resolve what has caused the bad trip by time I come down.

Mushrooms are wonderful medicine. Everyone that I know other than on the shroomery thinks that I am some kind of nut job, but they can screw off.

~peace out

--------------------
Monotub #3 - check out my best grow to date!!!!

Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

Re: Psychedelics for psychological healing: my latest trip. [Re: kungpow]
    #8471084 - 06/01/08 01:27 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Re-entry to make it right again.. Ever did that?

Yes, sir. Again and again until the 'fear' felt right.

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #8471511 - 06/01/08 03:38 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Cool post.

I like to trip for a reason... but I have never looked at using a second trip as a re-entry.

I'll take that mindset into a future trip. It sounds worthwhile.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineFrost
Inside a locked room
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida Flag
Re: Psychedelics for psychological healing: my latest trip. [Re: Rose]
    #8471976 - 06/01/08 06:11 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Good thread. :thumbup:

--------------------
“I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens.
I've been knocking from the inside.” - Rumi

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” - Carl Sagan

Invisibledysphoria
lost soul

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Psychedelics for psychological healing: my latest trip. [Re: Frost]
    #8472859 - 06/01/08 10:25 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

you pose an interesting (and enjoyable) read there wiccan,
and could definitely see the healing benefits of this action.

i can only contribute that i once tried to fix a bad DMT trip that was ruined by the presence of two drunk friends who were being obnoxious by smoking some more DMT mere hours later, in a more comfortable environment with no one around, with the intent to set out for the same purposes, healing a bad trip. well, my second 'healing' trip actually ended up with me puking my entire stomach contents onto my shirt and and pants / lap region. in retrospect, the second trip did actually heal the first one, it taught me that it can be worse, and it can be one hell of a job to clean yourself up while tripping. =)

anyway, you're awesome as always wiccan.
good vibes and best of travels.

--------------------

Offlinegreystealth
Corrupt Cop

Re: Psychedelics for psychological healing: my latest trip. [Re: dysphoria]
    #8473309 - 06/02/08 12:59 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

This is interesting, because I had a horrible Ketamine/Mushroom trip, and haven't touched psychedelics since.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/8389950#8389950

In a way, I love being sober. I love it that I am in a world that I recognize, and do not need to fear myself of losing control. I started a grow again recently, because I plan to trip during the summer. I guess I just wanted to take a break from it. Spiritually Healing through psychedelics is something I really want to try. Nice thread.:mushroom2:

--------------------

OfflineQuotation
Newb?

Re: Psychedelics for psychological healing: my latest trip. [Re: greystealth]
    #8474906 - 06/02/08 01:05 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

When you trip with a specific "intent" like that, is it easy to control the trip in that direction? I've read many times on these forums that mushrooms control the trip, and that you must relax and simply follow where they lead you. Does the ability to use the mushrooms as medicine come with experience with tripping or is it because everything that you needed "healing" from was on your mind so much, the trip naturally went in that direction?

--------------------
Most people don't know how they're gonna feel from one moment to the next. But a dope fiend has a pretty good idea. All you gotta do is look at the labels on the bottles.-DrugstoreCowboy

The world is like a ride at an amusement park- thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's loud and fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Don't worry or be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride" But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? But it doesn't matter: It's just a ride. And we can change it anytime we want.-BillHicks.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Psychedelics for psychological healing: my latest trip. [Re: Quotation]
    #8475033 - 06/02/08 01:45 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

glad you kept some of the details to yourself.
too bad the friend and GF had access to your tender inner parts without fair negotiation beforehand.

maybe a disconnect on the way in, i.e. expectations on your part about the role you could play (not covered well enough in negotioations), and disappointments and embarrassment about the social dynamic and territorial transgressions (also not covered in advance - or the language was not mutually understood).

yup - nothing to be done:
tear up the messy carpet and put in a new mushroom wood floor.
sounds good to me.
psyche renovation and remodelling.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Psychedelics for psychological healing: my latest trip. [Re: Quotation]
    #8475083 - 06/02/08 02:02 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

From The Tripper's FAQ: Why Trip at All?

http://www.shroomery.org/9062/Why-Trip-at-all

From The Psychedelic Experience by Timothy Leary:

"In planning a session, the first question to be decided is "What is the goal?" Classic Hinduism suggest four possibilities:

(1) For increased personal power, intellectual understanding, sharpened insight into self and culture, improvement of life situation, accelerated learning, professional growth.

(2) For duty, help of others, providing care, rehabilitation, rebirth for fellow men.

(3) For fun, sensuous enjoyment, aesthetic pleasure, interpersonal closeness, pure experience.

(4) For transcendence, liberation from ego and space-time limits; attainment of mystical union."

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: Andromeda Galaxy
    #8477584 - 06/02/08 11:08 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

this is exactly the reason i feel i need ayahuasca to be my first psychedelic

i need to get to the heart of my hatred, and all of the issues i have with the world, and i need my ego to die so i can unlock the person whos buried in the shit

i fully intend to purge, i feel the need for the emotional and spiritual cleansing

--------------------
And they wandered off.. nine ways till bedfast.
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds