Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Into the looking glass we go; Todays Copelandian
    #846684 - 08/27/02 10:26 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Copelandia cyanscens still out there kidz.

Keep on shroomin,

There must have been a million mushrooms out there,
Found less than a dozen cope?s though.

Keep on shroomin them fields,
GGreatOne234

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Into the looking glass we go; Todays Copelandian [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #846934 - 08/27/02 12:33 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

That's what I'm talking about. My cat found about 10 of those last week.
He sure loves those Blue Meanies!

peace

OfflineUnity333
addict
 User Gallery

#854424 - 08/31/02 04:42 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

What was the media that these were grow ing in? Did you get a print?

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Into the looking glass we go; Todays Copelandian [Re: Unity333]
    #863790 - 09/04/02 02:23 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Hello there,

Well this mushroom is known as Copelandia cyanescens.

They ggrow from Cow manure.

Keep shroomin,
GG

OfflineLurkin
crusadin throughcow patties
Loc: my own world
    #876009 - 09/11/02 02:35 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

sup GGreatone Ilike ur pics, I finally got a new cam I`ll start takin pics soon I`ll show u what I got.

peace  :wink: 

Offlinecardboard
digitalautomatedansweringmachine

Loc: pac northwest
Re: Into the looking glass we go; Todays Copelandian [Re: Lurkin]
    #877494 - 09/11/02 09:17 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Nice shot there GG! I need to venture to east someday and hunt for cubies and copes, field mushroos are greattimes. Keep on pickin gg.

--------------------
stay off my land

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Into the looking glass we go; Todays Copelandian [Re: Lurkin]
    #877522 - 09/11/02 09:30 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the replies guys,

Lurkin, Sounds great,
Could you specify to us your general location in central florida please.?
Also please share with us what types of psychoactive's you have found, Copelandias, Cubensis, ect..?

cardboard, hehehe!~ i just love to make you pnw'er's drool over these fine psychotropical mushrooms that, yes, they do in fact grow all year around.  :smile:
-Have a great season up there though dude, eat a few of them Psilocybe stunzoo's for me!!!

Keep shroomin,
GGreatOne

OfflineLurkin
crusadin throughcow patties
Loc: my own world
    #879141 - 09/11/02 09:53 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

GGreat one, I usually hunt from university pky through manatee, myakka, and every once and a while I go to North FL. The fantastic fungi I usuallf find are Psylocbe cubensis, copelandia, sometimes those lil pan caster`s. so basicly my haunting area is central FL. PM me!

InvisibleAIRDOG
Male User Gallery

Loc: world's shroom capital
    #879807 - 09/12/02 04:20 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Always ur amazing pictures dude, those cracked copelandias will make your neurons synapse like mad

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #880005 - 09/12/02 06:11 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Hello Shroomers,

Here is a document that i had written earlier this year.
This is the text-only version,
The article does include 2 photographs of Copelandia cyanescens,
And also 3 photographs of various "fake" species of Panaeolus that can also be commonly found in Florida cow pastures.

I would like your comments on it and also would like to have this paper stored in the Finding Mushrooms section if at all possible.
I would also like to have my paper at www.shroomwizard.com "The Ultimate Guide to Mushroom Hunting Gulf Coast Psilocybe Cubensis for the year 2000 and Beyond",
At the Finding mushrooms section here at Shroomery.

[Insert Topic Image: Collection of harvested Copelandia]

"The Blue Meanies of Southwest Florida"

It was a dark November night and I was out Mushroom hunting in Manatee County, Florida. It had rained the day before so I figured that the recent rain would increase my chances of finding mushrooms. The "habitat" (or place the mushrooms grow) that I was searching, was a cow pasture. The objective of the evening was to score at least one Psilocybe Cubensis but that evening I did not find a single Cube. Instead, I discovered an equally fascinating mushroom.

The first one I found was growing singularly, also known as growing "Solitary". I easily spotted its small white circular cap against the background of dark grass. I knelt down to pick it hoping that it would be a small Cubensis, but as I carefully pulled the mushroom from off the dung, the stem felt too thin to be a Cubensis. I also noticed that the mushroom stem did not have a veil. Since it lacked a dark purple colored veil, I then knew the mushroom I held was definitely not a Cubensis.

With a little help from the moonlight, I thought my eyes saw tints of blue bruising on that mushroom, so I held onto it. I continued to search for Shrooms and within a short time, discovered more similar mushrooms growing solitary and directly from aged cow manure. I collected a total of three "specimens" (or samples) and then decided to "bag" (or take home) the mushrooms to inspect them in further detail.

Once I got home, I took what I had found out of the bag and revealed the three small light-yellow colored mushrooms with grayish colored gills. The first thing that I was looking for was the "blue bruising" (a trait of which magical mushrooms are well known for). I noticed it right away. All three mushrooms had tints of blue where damaged. A very beautiful and exciting blue to see at that! The delicate stems and caps had all positively stained blue.

At that point I was already anxious to "bioassay" (or test by means of personally ingesting) them myself to verify if they were hallucinogenic, or not. But being the witty and intelligent Shroomer that I am, I knew that I first needed to positively identify them as magical Shrooms. So I followed the proper procedures for making spore prints (by laying the cap onto a white piece of paper with the gills facing down) and then left the mushrooms to sit overnight.

When I woke up the next morning, I lifted the caps off of the white paper to reveal their spore prints. The print color turned out black. I highly suspected that what I had was "psychoactive" (containing hallucinogenic chemicals), but I also knew that Psilocybe mushrooms all rendered dark purple colored "spore deposits" (another term for spore prints). The mushrooms stained blue, so they had to be magic...but why (if it was magic) would the spore deposits be black and not dark purple??

With that question lingering to be answered, I knew that I needed to do further research to verify the mushrooms exact identity. So I began looking through my notes (taken from the internet) and I located a photograph and description of Panaeolus cyanescens. The picture sure seemed to match up correctly. And the description said that Panaeolus mushrooms render black spore prints. That was my answer. The mushrooms must be Panaeolus cyanescens, synonymously named Copelandia cyanescens, and nicknamed Blue Meanies.

I read through the rest of the description for Blue Meanies and it noted that it also has other "look-a-like" mushrooms. Look-a-likes are defined as mushrooms that can sometimes be confused with other ones due to their close resemblances in appearance. In this case, the look-a-likes are also "coprophilous" (growing from dung) and similar in "stature" (or size and shape). Reading further on, the text described that none of the look-a-likes are hallucinogenic and also, none of them stain blue. Since the specimens I collected all stained a very noticeable blue, that eliminated the possibilities of them being the suggested look-a-likes.

The identification process had now helped me to safely find a "Positive I.D." (or Positive Identity) of the mushrooms in question. All attributes of the mushroom Panaeolus cyanescens matched up correctly. And those attributes are:
Habitat: Growing on cow dung.
Locality: Florida.
Bruising Color: Blue.
Spore Color: Black.
Gill Color: Gray to darker black.
Cap Color: Light-yellow, bruising blue.
Stem Color: Light-yellow, bruising blue.
Veil: None.
Look-A-Likes: All possibilities considered.

I was now 100% certain that the mushrooms were magic ones. So without further a-due, I chewed them, tasted them and swallowed. The bioassay was a wonderful experience for me and I yearned for my next visit to the field to find more of the same great Shroom-caps. During the next few months I continued finding them. Usually I would discover 1 or 2 Shrooms on each cow patty, but occasionally I found 3 or 4 at a time.

Soon I learned to easily recognize that mushroom as "Copelandia cyanescens" (the scientific name for the mushrooms nicknamed, Blue Meanies). When the summer rainy season rolled around, I was blessed with the gift of collecting many more Copelandia. In fact, I found such prolific numbers of Blue Meanies in the cow fields, that there wasn't enough time in the day to pick them all! They grew "Gregariously", or numerously in dense groups. Some of the cow patties had up to 100 Copelandia growing from them.

Not to say that "Copes" (short for Copelandia's) were not the only mushrooms I was finding out there. "Fakes" (slang for the look-a-likes) were also out there. I learned that when collecting Blue Meanies, it is most important to check every mushroom for bluing, because afterwards when sorting through my collection bag I would find a few fakes I had accidentally picked. Fakes sometimes end up in even the best of Shroom hunter's harvests. When picking hundreds of Blue Meanies in an hour's time, mistakes like that can happen. That is why it is most important to double-check all those mushrooms, for bluing.

Every time I went to collect them I became more skilled at distinguishing the real Copes from the fakes. Besides the obvious fact that every Blue Meanie bruises blue, I also found them to have a few other characteristics that help to easier and faster separate them from the fakes. Younger specimens sometimes have a beautiful orange tinge in the center of their cap. On a good day, the orange tinge is a spotty tawny brown splattered on the caps, a truly gorgeous mushroom it can be! The more mature and larger of Copes change to pallid gray (almost silver) in color. Lastly, after the Shrooms have passed maturity and dropped all their spores, they wrinkle and the final color is a very dark-dark blue/black.

When the amount of Shrooms I collected became excessive, I began preserving them for a later usage. I found that drying Blue Meanies is sometimes not an easy task. I would lay the mushrooms down on a piece of paper overnight to dry and come back to see that half of my Shrooms turned into a black goo. The black-goo (as I call it) is actually very natural for all species of Panaeolus, including Blue Meanies. The technical term for this is called "deliquesce". Deliquesce is a process of auto-digestion whereby the mushroom is reduced to a black liquid and becomes paper-thin. I learned the mushrooms must be dried faster, so for drying Copelandia with a 99% success rate, I highly recommend using a food dehydrator.

You may notice that I have made no mention of how potent or what the dosage of Copelandia cyanescens is. The recommended dosages have been omitted and are of course for you to figure out on your own. But I will have you know that after many personal experiences with eating them, I have learn why exactly the mushroom has earned the nickname Blue Meanies.

Have fun but be safe.
And as always,
Keep on Shroomin,
GGreatOne234

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom