Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineVector
Symbolic Analyst
Male

Loc: Emerald Forest, Land of O...
Shamanism question regarding Banjankri a.k.a. Yeti a.k.a. Sasquatch
    #8438210 - 05/23/08 08:48 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

A sample from the song "Herb Garden" by Hallucinogen prompted me to seek out this video http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7140377893864168262 in which Christian Rätsch says that the Yeti is one of the Shamans gods; Banjankri literally translated means "shaman of the forest." Its kind of a joke, apparently, that people are trying to find this being in nature, because they say you must go into a trance and put an offering of alcohol for him.

Im having very little luck finding any other information regarding this and I have so many questions, arrghhh! What does this being symbolize? Why would a shaman need to summon him? What do the shamans claim to learn from their encounters?

If of you have any leads, I would greatly appreciate it. Im thinking I may just have to go into a trance myself and see if i cant have a little chat with the infamous sasquatch, lol. if anyone is experienced in contacting Banjankri, which entheogen do you think is best? Im sure its a personal choice on some level....im thinking a salvia tincture would probably suit me...but, again, Im a bigfoot n00b!

thank you for entertaining the rather bizarre nature of this post

Edited by Vector (05/24/08 12:09 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePilzeEssen

Loc: USA
Re: Shamanism question regarding Banjankri a.k.a. Yeti a.k.a. Sasquatch [Re: Vector]
    #8438214 - 05/23/08 08:51 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

id say a high dose of mushrooms or dmt would be best.

ive seen some crazy shit on dmt in the woods.

BTW what do you think bigfoot likes to drink? probably something hard, no appletinis for the yeti.

--------------------
"The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real. It is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live."

If you want to get a hold of me, my email address is in my profile. Just click on my screen name. I got banned from using private messages cause I didn't follow the rules... :frown:

OfflineVector
Symbolic Analyst
Male

Re: Shamanism question regarding Banjankri a.k.a. Yeti a.k.a. Sasquatch [Re: PilzeEssen]
    #8440098 - 05/24/08 12:28 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

yeah, DMT would definately blow me away, but I don't think I'm experienced enough with it to direct a trip. The flash really just overwhelms me. I've only done it in my apartment though....what kind of crazy shit did you see in the woods on DMT???

I think the guy in the video said bigfoot likes schnapps?

OfflineElectricLand
certified bong hitter
Male

Loc: NJ
Re: Shamanism question regarding Banjankri a.k.a. Yeti a.k.a. Sasquatch [Re: Vector]
    #8440327 - 05/24/08 01:22 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

id say that ayahuasca would probably be the best, its a lot more extended than smoked dmt which allows for you to get settled into the experience. I wouldnt be surprised if u see a yeti on some ayahuasca lol

--------------------
"I can't remember yesterday. I smoke my head off. I smoke weed all the damn time." -Keith Richards

OfflineVector
Symbolic Analyst
Male

Re: Shamanism question regarding Banjankri a.k.a. Yeti a.k.a. Sasquatch [Re: ElectricLand]
    #8442436 - 05/25/08 12:41 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

you're probably right. I should familiarize myself with ayahuasca first, i think (never done it before). From what I understand if you don't make it insanely strong, its not like a 3 hour DMT flash, right? cuz i don't know if i could handle that, lol.

I wonder if the shamans were using amanitas in this area of the world?

Offlinesongcycle67
Gypsy Wizard

#8442466 - 05/25/08 12:59 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Edit: I'm assuming you're talking about the himalayan version of bigfoot/shamanism when you say yeti. With that in mind...

The Vedic (Aryan) people came from the Himalayas. In their hymns (epic sagas of their history) they speak of a drug called Soma. Many people think that this is Amanita Muscaria and it is definitely still used among people in this area for its psychoactive purposes.

Here's a page I found that is specifically about Christian Ratsch's work concerning the people of the Himalayas and their culture. It also talks about their use of amanitas. I didn't read it all, and I couldn't find a reference to the yeti, but if you haven't seen it already you may find it interesting:

http://shamansdrum.org/Pages/ReviewsTantraHimalayas.html

Edit for excerpt:

As someone with more than a casual interest in the red-and-white-capped fly agaric mushroom (Amanita muscaria), I was delighted to find this volume also provides exciting new evidence supporting R. Gordon Wasson’s classic thesis that A. muscaria mushrooms were the original source of Soma. Although Wasson’s research had uncovered Vedic references stating that Soma was collected in the mountains, his theory was plagued by his inability to document that A. muscaria was actually used, or that it even grew, in the Himalayas. It was only in 1998 that Newari botanist Keshab Shrestha first documented the presence in Nepal of A. muscaria, which he called bhut chyau (demon mushroom). Inspired by his report, the authors discovered that A. muscaria mushrooms were, in fact, quite common in the Kathmandu valley, and that A. muscaria is reportedly found in eastern and western Nepal, as well as Bhutan.

Most importantly, the authors were able to document that Kirati shamans still use the fly agaric to travel and fly and to strengthen shakti. In fact, Mohan Rai claims, “Without the sacred mushroom, mundum—the way of the shaman—would not be complete. It is totally bound up with Shiva. Even the tigers love the amanitas. One or two of these mushrooms is enough to fly.” In addition, Mohan Rai reports that his father, Dil Bahadur Rai (1900-1976), who served as court shaman to the king of Bhutan, also used fly agaric for shamanizing. “For a deep trance,” Mohan Rai recalls, “he ate a few pieces of a prepared fly agaric, at most a half of a cap, in order to make his journey into the other worlds. He fell fairly quickly into a trance and flew around the area. In this way he could visit his distant house or see his family members.”

--------------------

Check out my psychedelic acid rock: http://www.myspace.com/kingbeelovesyou

Disclaimer: All posts on this site concerning illegal substances are fictional accounts. I in no way endorse the use of or use any of these substances myself.

Edited by songcycle67 (05/25/08 01:12 AM)

Offlinesongcycle67
Gypsy Wizard

Re: Shamanism question regarding Banjankri a.k.a. Yeti a.k.a. Sasquatch [Re: songcycle67]
    #8445389 - 05/25/08 11:57 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

bump for effort :sad:

--------------------

Check out my psychedelic acid rock: http://www.myspace.com/kingbeelovesyou

Disclaimer: All posts on this site concerning illegal substances are fictional accounts. I in no way endorse the use of or use any of these substances myself.

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
Re: Shamanism question regarding Banjankri a.k.a. Yeti a.k.a. Sasquatch [Re: songcycle67]
    #8445731 - 05/26/08 02:03 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

its the abanomominominal snowman  :snowman:

hah. i love that song.

What i think he means is that Banjankri is a specific 'god' or localized spirit that inhabits that region. In the Himalayas Bon is one of the original religions, predating Buddhism by thousands of years. If you researched Bon and some of its popular deities/spirits maybe you might come across something about Banjankri.

--------------------

OfflineVector
Symbolic Analyst
Male

Re: Shamanism question regarding Banjankri a.k.a. Yeti a.k.a. Sasquatch [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #8447398 - 05/26/08 03:58 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

i'm not convinced that the spirit is localized. I think it may be some archetypal thing dormant in all human minds...would explain why the legends of yeti and bigfoot are so similar. I think its all in the trance

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies