Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineezwider
Mushroom Enthusiast
Male Unread Journal User Gallery

Mushroom hunting in Northern Maryland
    #8425167 - 05/20/08 06:16 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

***NOTE: I searched related threads and did not find any useful infromation, and every picture I find is so old and outdated that they dont even exist anymore, I looked up the location/what mushrooms grow where section and its pretty skimpy on details, so I thought I could get a personal opinion. I know that Gymnopilus junonius grow here as well as Pan Subbs, but I dont know how outdated that is and Ive heard otherwise from a variety of people that there may be other species. SO SORRY IF THIS IS A REPEAT THREAD!***

Hi, I use to be a member of this site and forgot my password so I created another account. A few years back I was just beginning to become interested in mushrooms and hunted through my neighbors cow field and other fields daily, never finding any psychoactive mushrooms but just picking different species for fun.

I ended up successfully gathering some Cubes in Galveston, Texas in 05 but havent hunted much since.

Im just getting back into it. But I need help refreshing my memory.

Can anyone tell me what the prime months are for mushroom hunting in Northern Baltimore County? I live in a pretty rural area. I dont know if its even possible to find Cubensis growing in the wild up here, but I just wanted to make sure.

--------------------
Proud to be a member of the Feel Family.

My Logs:
BRF Trial 1
First Mono Tub
Quadruple Mono Tub Grow
My Last Tub

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Mushroom hunting in Northern Maryland [Re: ezwider]
    #8425197 - 05/20/08 06:21 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

You will not find cubensis growing wild there.

Maryland is surprisingly dry for actives, you already mentioned the ones I know about.

I think the season is now.

So go find some horse stables and get those subbs.

Offlineezwider
Mushroom Enthusiast
Male Unread Journal User Gallery

Re: Mushroom hunting in Northern Maryland [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #8425287 - 05/20/08 06:41 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Well funny thing is I actually live on a horse farm, my parents have 3 and I clean the stalls alot. We have a compost pile that we wheel barrel all of the crap and pee soaked saw dust to.

Any tips on what are the right conditions for finding subbs through horse poo???

If its mixed and composted with pee thats been scooped up, will it contaminate the subbs or even prevent them from growing? Can you simply find them growing off manure in fields? Or does it have to be composted? Tips please!!! I can easily just buy some cubes but thats no fun, I want to get back into hunting and harvesting. Thanks.

--------------------
Proud to be a member of the Feel Family.

My Logs:
BRF Trial 1
First Mono Tub
Quadruple Mono Tub Grow
My Last Tub

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale