Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedivination
Stranger
Salvia Questions
    #8423166 - 05/20/08 04:23 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Hi everyone. Im farily new to Salvia and have a few questions. Ive smoked it a few times and while I thought the effects were interesting, I didnt experience any visuals, revelations, trips to alternate realities,etc. The physical sensation was rather uncomfortable, especially in the beginning. I sort of felt like I was being ripped apart and my body felt all rubbery- kind of hard to explain. I also became somewhat nausceous during my last experience. Im wondering if these physical effects die down or become less unpleasant/noticeable as the trip progresses past a certain point- ie start hallucinating. Im also wondering if any of you can give me some advice concerning effective ways to get the salvia visuals, both open and closed-eyes. Apparently, salvia enhances your imagination and some people never hallucinate but Im really seeking to reach a level where I actually see some interesting things and/or be "transported" to another land.

Also, I should point out that Ive used salvia zone red and blue- not sure what those extracts are. Blue was slightly stronger than red, but not as potent as I would have thought. Im aware of how to properly smoke it. I take two or three hits out of a water bong. I do, however, find it tough to hold in for a full 30 seconds so Im wondering there are some alternative and effective smoking techniques for people me.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAScannerDarkly
On StrangerTides
Male

Re: Salvia Questions [Re: divination]
    #8423181 - 05/20/08 04:52 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

If the salvia is working youll notice in about 20 seconds then its over within 10. At least any visual effects and reality distortion is over, your left feeling physically weird for a few minutes. Not sure what red zone or blue zone means but try getting 25x or higher.

--------------------
[quote]Voido said:
[quote]drken said:
Dont get me wrong he is a funny guy, just not a great actor. Smoke some bud and watch the movie, weed helps me pick out shitty acting. [/quote]

no your just stoned. stop smoking pot [/quote]

Offlinespanky43
Just a thought
 User Gallery

Loc: Vermont
Re: Salvia Questions [Re: AScannerDarkly]
    #8423191 - 05/20/08 05:05 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

bigger hits + higher extract?
:shrug:

--------------------
"Love is what we are born with. Fear is what we have learned here. The spiritual journey is the unlearning of fear and the acceptance of love back into our hearts."
:hippie:

OfflineN2loma
Foaming Pipe Snake
Male User Gallery

#8423658 - 05/20/08 10:17 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I've gotten open and closed-eye visuals with salvia, though closed-eye visuals seem to be easier to obtain and longer-lasting. Basically it is an issue of adequate dosing in a short period of time when smoking. However, you may want to try the oral/sublingual route if you are having short experiences and/or physical discomfort; onset will be more gradual and the effects will last a bit longer.

Keeping your eyes closed and just watching the colorful displays is probably the best advice I can give; if I'm lucky I'll see iridescent landscapes or 'geometric patterned caverns.' The main open eye visuals I get tend to be hypnagogia that takes on 3D appearance and 2D colored trails/smears with some degree of patterning.

As far as bodily distortions go, I often enjoy laying in bed and observing the odd changes in bodily feel and relationships that salvia gives me (this seems to be on a more delusional than tactile-feel level).

--------------------
"So can you tell me what exactly does freedom mean/
If I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be" -Divide by Disturbed

Good Guitars Don't Cry

Offlineunretarded
Tick and poisionoak collector
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali
    #8423963 - 05/20/08 12:10 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Just soo you know ,you are paying 560 dollars an ounce for a head rush that lasts well under a minute.
You can buy almost 2 ounces of good green for that.

I consider the salvia "buzz" to be one to 2 steps less than holding your breath and then someone pushing on your chest like in grade school.....sry.

25 dollars on a 1/8 th of mushrooms and you can feel that way for 4 to 6 hours.

25 dollars on 2 hits of blotter and you feel the buzz for 12 hours each,for total of 24 hours of fun.

25 dollars on a gram of salvia last a grand total of 5 minuts .....pretty exspensive buzz if you ask me.

All of those things you mentioned you did not get from salvia is the main buzz of the other things I mentioned,that lasts for hours.
If you want visuals ,revelations and trips to alternate realities ,then salvia is not the way ,you need mushrooms or acid ,personaly I prefer mushrooms over acid ,just beacause of the long duration involved with blotter,mushrooms can be taken in the evening after work ,be in bed before midnight and wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed.
Salvia is like scenic drive in the country ,only at 200 mph with blacked out windows.How in the world do you have time to get a revelation when its over in less than a minute...?????
I can hold my breath or smak myself with a board in the head and get a better buzz than salvia for free.........
Ohh ,you can also get 1/4 pound of mushrooms for the price of one ounce of salvia....

--------------------
I love our leaders and the feds ,they are great people and the laws they make help us!:rofl2:

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia Questions [Re: unretarded]
    #8424617 - 05/20/08 04:03 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I think your prices are way off
my salvia buzz is less than 25 cents for 5 mins crazy with 1/2 hour strongly elevated, afterwards.
and I never bought quantity.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlineunretarded
Male User Gallery

Re: Salvia Questions [Re: redgreenvines]
    #8424735 - 05/20/08 04:39 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I exaggerated a little ,but its 19.99 plus tax for gram of 20 times extract of sticky purple that yields 2 bowls ......1 for each person or 2 exsperiances total.
Pack a good full bowl ,hit deeply as you can,hold long as you can ,try to get 3 good hits before you are unable...........soo around 10 dollars for a bowl,you could also split that 1/8 th of mushrooms up for 2 exsperiances also......and those are just estimated prices ,soo the difference could possibly be more depending on area and connections.
At 25 cents per exsperiance it would still add up to a little for 6 hours {mushrooms} to 12 hours {acid} of duration.
I see nothing wrong with 25 cents a exsperiance {or salvia},its just the 20 dollar a gram stuff in local head shops thats  outrageous for the duration of the exsperiance.
Plus the god awful taste of it ,compared to goood MJ ,but maybe its like beer ,a aquired taste.......:shrug:

--------------------
I love our leaders and the feds ,they are great people and the laws they make help us!:rofl2:

Invisiblemaggotz

Re: Salvia Questions [Re: unretarded]
    #8425450 - 05/20/08 07:14 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

maybe you're looking at salvia the wrong way, it's not an acid/mushrooms replacement. no point in comparing it to them.

and if you really need to smoke half a gram of a 20x extract, you must have a ridiculous tolerance or are simply not doing it right.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia Questions [Re: maggotz]
    #8425802 - 05/20/08 08:19 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

holy
if you have a gram of 20x
unless you are a total hard head,
you should only be using 1/20th or less per smoke not a full bowl
that's ridiculously wasteful.
or else you don't have 20x

i am a soft head and one gram of 20x is 100 smokes - each one over the moon.

--------------------

OfflineJDB
just another mycologist
 User Gallery

#8425997 - 05/20/08 08:56 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I packed half a bowl of 40x salvia extract and I had no idea where I was or what was going on haha.

--------------------
"The world which we perceive is a tiny fraction of the world which we can perceive"

Offlineunretarded
Male User Gallery

Re: Salvia Questions [Re: JDB]
    #8426710 - 05/21/08 12:03 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I only did it the one time.........
My head felt like it was 6 foot to one side and folded over ,my arms rose up like light feathers and I broke into spontainous laughter from the realization of my altered state ,got self concious for a second and then had a slow floating return to normal perception over the course of 5 minuts,then felt a little destracted/removed for few hours afterwards,kinda like I learned some thing or had misplaced or over looked something feeling....strange and disconcerning after affects,almost like I missed out on something ,but was unable to recall what it was......:shrug:

I was refering to the original posters complaint of no visuals ,revelation or trips to alternate realities ,..etc. comment,not me seeking those effects from salvia,salvia is definatly not placebo and is quite a thing in its own spectrum of exsperiances.:thumbup:

I just exspressed my like for mushrooms because of the broad spectrum  of stimulus over an extended amount of time .....in reference to what he was seeking.

--------------------

Edited by unretarded (05/21/08 12:07 AM)

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia Questions [Re: JDB]
    #8427403 - 05/21/08 04:56 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

JDB said:
I packed half a bowl of 40x salvia extract and I had no idea where I was or what was going on haha.

this is a perfect example of wasting good material.
I bet you would have achieved amnesia with is the last level of salvia intoxication at less than a tenthe your dosage.

since it is non-toxic, uninformed people generally use too much which means you simply can't remember what happenned. (like a general anaesthetic.)

go to http://www.sagewisdom.org to read about the 6 salvia levels of intoxication.

--------------------

OfflineTheHauntingSoul
Not really that cool
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
    #8427970 - 05/21/08 09:16 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

i have always experienced alot of discomfort with my salvia use and have since decided its not really the drug for me.

the time i had on it was....interesting to say the least.

to the OP, if you dont like the body buzz you probably will have to deal with that every time you take it although i've heard sublingual has less of a body load but yeah, i dunno i really dont like salvia, try some nitrous oxide if you want an intense short-acting legal drug

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract