Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedevilgoob
Stranger
Using soda cans for a incubation enviro
    #8421258 - 05/19/08 06:41 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I cant use a pc, I dont have money for glass jars.

It seems soda cans could be opened and bird seed put in them, and alum foil over that. then you could sterilize em with just a stove.

is this possible? I know I wouldnt know how far theyve colonized, but Ill just dump them out and put a casing over them anyway if I feel like it.

--------------------
If you have a bunch of shrooms, dont eat a "bunch" of a bunch of shrooms.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinechucklehead
GeneticThrowback toNeanderthal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chucky Cheese
Re: Using soda cans for a incubation enviro [Re: devilgoob]
    #8421350 - 05/19/08 07:09 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

WBS has to be pressure cooked.  The odds of success without doing that are much slimmer.  I've tried many times just to prove a point.  Want to guess what I proved?  I'll tell you.  Bacteria loves to grow in steamed WBS.  I've seen some people claim 75% success rates.  I don't know what they did different but I very very very rarely made it work.  I'm talking 10% success. 

If you want to avoid using a pressure cooker, I suggest using brown rice flour and vermiculite.  You don't have to use soda cans either.  Just use a glass.  Heck I've used all sorts of vessels.  I used a pie pan that I BAKED once.

Now I grant you only one of the three pans worked but still it did work.  The vessel doesn't matter so long as it can handle being boiled for 90 minutes, you can get the substrate out of the vessel, and you can safely cover the top to make a barrier against contamination.  I think I once read a tek called PF Tek for simple minds or something like that when I first got started.  Do a google search on that.  i'll bet you turn up the tech that illustrates the use of ordinary kitchen ware to grow mushrooms.  BRF can be purchased for 2.50 in the U.S. for a bag big enough for several grows.  Vermiculite can be purchased at walmart for around 3.50.  If you can't scratch together six dollars, I'd say you need to find better employment.:shrug:

Offlinedrwatson
Slacker
 User Gallery

Loc: nowhere land
Re: Using soda cans for a incubation enviro [Re: chucklehead]
    #8421584 - 05/19/08 08:04 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Check out the photo gallery from the main page and look for the pictures of the BRF cakes nuked and done in tubberware.

Some people might suggest that nuking isn't enough but those pictures look like proof to me.

Then check out this
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/7864580#7864580

OfflineJuke Adro
I love peach fluff
 User Gallery

Loc: Inside your head
Re: Using soda cans for a incubation enviro [Re: chucklehead]
    #8421634 - 05/19/08 08:11 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

try the whole grain brown rice tek....just do it in normal drinking glasses with foil for a lid then spawn it to shit, shits free.
you will have so much more luck than trying wbs only down fall is the rice dont crumble well and you need to break it up small

--------------------
Someone said:  im actually not using ms, im using prints.
Trade List

Offlinedevilgoob
Stranger
Re: Using soda cans for a incubation enviro [Re: Juke Adro]
    #8425528 - 05/20/08 07:27 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

do it in normal drinkin glasses? i assume i oven them or something? i want to knock up as many containers i can so that i have better chances....and so i can do a grain to grain transfer.

maybe i should just stick to growin weed lol

hey everyone, I traded ralphstersspores silver! heh heh, got Golden Teacher (i think its a mellow tripper) and b+.....two easy ones with enough potency. sent my silver eagle coin out on Monday May 19th.

--------------------

OfflineJuke Adro
I love peach fluff
 User Gallery

#8425593 - 05/20/08 07:38 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

yeah just normal drinking glassed just boil them in water for 10 mins that should kill any germs ..........dont be silly if you dont have a pc dont even think about g2g just stick to basic teks man, do you even know whats involved in g2g?

i think you should stick to weed mate

--------------------
Trade List

Offlinechucklehead
GeneticThrowback toNeanderthal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chucky Cheese
    #8425624 - 05/20/08 07:44 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

devilgoob you need to do more reading. An ordinary drinking glass can be steam sterilized. It just takes about 90 minutes.

This is the first link I ever read about growing mushrooms.
http://www.fungifun.org/English/Pftek
That should give you the basic idea. It's not a bad starting place.

I suggest watching Roger Rabbit's videos on PF Tek also. I have them saved in my journal. My journal also has a few other teks you may find useful. Put WBS out of your mind until you get a pressure cooker. You are asking for head ache and heart ache.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/7805882#Post7805882

Offlinedevilgoob
Stranger
    #8425643 - 05/20/08 07:46 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

well, the spores are coming.

someone told me the other day that growing weed is harder than growing shrooms.....pfft! I will just do the method youve described, juke.

only 1cc per container is all these frickers are getting!

i got a hepa filter, an airtight box and i bought a clock at goodwill for $1 that accurately show the temp....am i gonna have to sterilize the clock? jk jk!

--------------------

OfflineJuke Adro
I love peach fluff
 User Gallery

#8425965 - 05/20/08 08:50 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

yeah just do that man,
Get brown long grain rice strain it, then boil it  for 10 mins then strain then boil again for another 10 mins with fresh boiling water then do it agian for 10 more mins 30 all up  spoon it into your boiled clean cups cover with foil let cool then add 2cc per glass in different equal areas cover with another piece of foil and let em incubate it usually colonizes fast so dont stress about contams and rice is a much better choice that other grains as far as contams go ....its just harder to break up, you will get chunks instead of actual grain size bits but it will do the job. 

After fully colonized break it up really small and spawn
(mix it in shit) it to horse poo then let colonize for a few days (4 or 5) till all looks white and colonized then fruit it.

just make sure you pasteurize the shit,  there are easy ways to do that with hot water and a tub or even in a bucket, and your shit wont contam cause it has good bugs init :wink:

its basic and easy and will work, there are teks to follow for this...... but i just wrote it quick

thats my way and you get shit loads of mush mush, but its up to you and its really cheap and nasty lol :wink:

--------------------
Trade List

Edited by Juke Adro (05/20/08 09:19 PM)

Offlinegethyn
MR.STINK FINGER
Male User Gallery

Loc: first row at church
    #8426541 - 05/20/08 11:11 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

i would suggest spending an evening going through all the teks on you tube just do a search for pf tek there is enough of a variety on there you will find something that suits you i got my PC at walmart in the clearance isle for 20 bucks just got go and look and spend some time researching if you want good results you need to be patient and use your imagination

--------------------
I RESEMBLE THE REST

Offlinegrod31
Stranger
Male

Loc: New York
Re: Using soda cans for a incubation enviro [Re: gethyn]
    #8426850 - 05/21/08 12:39 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

the quart soup containers from the Chinese food store are pcable but not always the lids they are cheap and easily available also if the plastic says PP on it it should be PC safe

--------------------
Back the tape up.  I need it again!
Let it roll!  Just as high as the
fucker can go!  And when it comes
to that fantastic note where the
rabbit bites its own head off, I
want you to  THROW THAT FUCKING
RADIO INTO THE TUB WITH ME!
    Not me.  It would blast you through
the wall stone dead in ten
seconds and they'd make me explain
VVVVV Free Myco Thread

Offlineprototypical_man
ass model

Loc: Doral Florida
Re: Using soda cans for a incubation enviro [Re: grod31]
    #8427451 - 05/21/08 05:24 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

If you don't slow down and take the time to read the teks and follow them, your bound for failure.

I give a 90% chance you try to use the oven to sterilize you'll end up with a bunch of contaminated trash that will just fuck up your room with mold spores. You'll end up losing the money you spent on the spores and have nothing to show for it.

You see plenty of people who come onto this board all the time asking questions like this.. 5 failures later they finally get a Pressure cooker. Pressure cookers are an essential for anyone who is serious about getting good results.. I mean like SIGNIFICANT results.

--------------------
I have 29 Strains as of current.. I LOVE TO TRADE. See my bio for the strains I currently have.

I seek: Strains I don't have, exotic species, Edibles, Vacutainers, A accurate scale, chicken manure, worm castings, worms for making my own worm castings, plastic lids for mason jars, light malt extract, Kelp Meal, A Ph Tester, A microscope.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates