Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinepsilo25
The one stuck inthe middle ofthis hopelessmess.

Loc: over here
Some things never change...
    #841882 - 08/25/02 07:47 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Boy, oh boy...I haven't vistited this forum in months, and when I finally come back, what do I see? The same old silly battles. Swami against everyone, everyone against Swami, bash the logical thinkers, insult the emotional ones. I thought perhaps this was just a phase back when I previously visited this forum, but apparenly not. Some things never change...

--------------------
Stand up for your freedoms, join the fight against the War on Drugs!

www.drcnet.org
www.drugpolicyalliance.org
www.drugsense.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Some things never change... [Re: psilo25]
    #841886 - 08/25/02 07:50 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Maybe things will change.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #841893 - 08/25/02 07:58 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

And the strange thing is that swami seems to be getting worse (if that's possible!)

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinepsilo25

Re: Some things never change... [Re: Xlea321]
    #842015 - 08/25/02 09:34 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Allright, I've been browsing this forum for a couple hours now, and all I have to say is... Alex123 and Swami-- SHUT THE FUCK UP!!! Nobody cares about your stupid petty arguments! Keep the discussions on topic for once! If you want to argue, do it in PM, or take it to off-topic discussion, please! Keep the disussions on topic. The quality of this forum is being seriously degraded by this constant exchange of insults and arguments over semantics. The is a lot of potential for quality discussions in here, and many interesting ideas are being exchanged, but it's hard to find them amongst all the bickering.Not to tell you how to do your job, Shroomism, but I think you should seriously consider exercizing more authority over your forum. Edit posts, delete posts, temporarily or permanently ban users, etc. Tenure should not be an issue. Length of membership in this forum is not an excuse to exchange insults or continually go off-topic. I may not be a moderator, but I certainly know forum-quality issues when I see them.

--------------------

www.drcnet.org
www.drugsense.org

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #842105 - 08/25/02 10:48 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

As you said in your first post swami was pulling his usual crap months before I posted here. He's driven many sensitive members of the forum away. What do you suggest - we just keep letting him bully everyone who doesn't agree with him off the board?

i'm here to teach him consideration for others. He'll need time to absorb the lesson. If Swami starts showing consideration for other viewpoints I'll have no need to respond to the guy. Whilever he keeps insulting people he'll get a taste of his own medicine. He'll learn sooner or later.

Cheers.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
Re: Some things never change... [Re: Xlea321]
    #842299 - 08/25/02 01:26 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

i totally agree with alex on this one... swami has to start showing some respect for other people's points of view... but i am afraid its gonna be later more than sooner...

--------------------

OfflineDanimal
journeyman
    #842318 - 08/25/02 01:42 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Does that mean you're going to hang around a while or leave for another ___months and see if there's been any change? Reminds me of that Paul Westerberg quote, to paraphrase, "If you don't like elevator music, write elevator music"....

What sensitive members have been driven away?

Offlinepsilo25

Re: Some things never change... [Re: Danimal]
    #842381 - 08/25/02 02:32 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I never said I didn't like this forum. I think it's a great forum, and a lot of interesting ideas are being exchanged here. But all the off-topic insult exhanges are very counter-productive to the discussions going on here. Spirituality and philosophy discussions will always be full of heated debate and controversy, since nobody truly has the answers to any of these questions and everyone has such varying viewpoints. Attacks on someone's views and their logic is perfectly valid and very productive. I personally enjoy having my ideas challenged and having the flaws pointed out to me. It forces me to re-evaluate my ideas and to further refine them and make them more coherent. However, I find personal attack to be unnacceptable, and I feel the administration should do more to prevent this. By the time I get done reading these threads, I've just about forgotten what they were supposed to be about, with all the off-topic insult exchanges. No one person is at fault for this, it takes more than one person to carry on an argument.

--------------------

www.drcnet.org
www.drugsense.org

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #843431 - 08/26/02 03:10 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I thought perhaps this was just a phase back when I previously visited this forum, but apparenly not. Some things never change...

You're right. Do you know what we need more of? We need more people bitching about what other people post about and more people bitching about the moderators and how they could do a better job themselves. I think that would make this forum much better.

Thanks for your contribution.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order