Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Buckeye Flag
Feeling weird again. Medical reasons?
    #8418722 - 05/18/08 11:56 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I was just sitting here reading the forums and browsing other sites, then i got the feeling again. The feeling scares me everytime, i don't know what it is, can anyone tell me?

All of the sudden i can feel my heart beating in my chest really hard, i get dizzy, then i become very paranoid like someone is watching me. I try to calm myself down by telling myself that everything is fine, but in my mind 1000 different things are going through it trying to understand what is wrong. It's like i get some kind of spidey sense, only it's like a panic to get ready for something horrible. Eventually my heart slows down again and the pounding stops. The dizzyness fades, then i am no longer paranoid. It's like someone afraid of the dark, then thrown in it suddenly. But there is never anything im afraid of.

As a matter of fact, i am kind of proud that i know in my mind i can handle any situation with a calm attitude. Like if some bear came bursting out of the bushes with a freakin sword, id handle it fine. I feel like i am constantly on gaurd, then i am overwhelmed all of the sudden. Panic attack? I don't know. I get worried everytime that im having some sort of a fit. Anyone ever go through this before? Wtf is wrong with me?

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePowerTripp
GfunkyWhiteBoy
 User Gallery
Re: Feeling weird again. Medical reasons? [Re: Kada]
    #8418779 - 05/19/08 12:13 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

yup. i had that shit.. i wouldnt recommend those meds for depression tho.. i think those things fuck your mind so much..

Heres the story to help to shed some enlightment on my experience..

I smoked some shit 30s pot awhile back.. freaked the hell out.. so much intense fear while on it.. then i would get those weird feelings just like u get... the feeling where u get so scared for no reason.. the sides of your head would feel like.. cold in a way.. kinda by ur temples. feel slightly dizzy and my heart would floor it to the pounding mode.. i hate what they called post-traumatic stress disorder.. anything very frightening happen to you latly?? that could be the cause.. it just takes time for your brain to forget the pain you went through.. because trust me, i wouldnt want some meds for that cuz then youll really be messed up in my opinion.. its been about 5 years since i had one of those panic attacks and im doing fine now.. after that night though, i had panic attacks for about a year stronly then they just began to fade by the end of the same year.. it will pass man, just stay strong and dont do anything youll regret or that will make it worse.. its just a panic attack, nothing more, if i made it through them, you certainly can too..

Offlinegethyn
MR.STINK FINGER
Male User Gallery

Loc: first row at church
    #8418785 - 05/19/08 12:14 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

hmmmm you need a drink

--------------------
I RESEMBLE THE REST

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Loc: SOLARIS
    #8418789 - 05/19/08 12:15 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

LordOfChaos said:
I was just sitting here reading the forums and browsing other sites, then i got the feeling again. The feeling scares me everytime, i don't know what it is, can anyone tell me?

All of the sudden i can feel my heart beating in my chest really hard, i get dizzy, then i become very paranoid like someone is watching me. I try to calm myself down by telling myself that everything is fine, but in my mind 1000 different things are going through it trying to understand what is wrong. It's like i get some kind of spidey sense, only it's like a panic to get ready for something horrible. Eventually my heart slows down again and the pounding stops. The dizzyness fades, then i am no longer paranoid. It's like someone afraid of the dark, then thrown in it suddenly. But there is never anything im afraid of.

As a matter of fact, i am kind of proud that i know in my mind i can handle any situation with a calm attitude. Like if some bear came bursting out of the bushes with a freakin sword, id handle it fine. I feel like i am constantly on gaurd, then i am overwhelmed all of the sudden. Panic attack? I don't know. I get worried everytime that im having some sort of a fit. Anyone ever go through this before? Wtf is wrong with me?

i only get this when im high and the thought of non existence crosses my mind.

--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND

Offlineabica
Intrepid Warlock's Apprentice
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The River City
    #8418792 - 05/19/08 12:16 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

It's called anxiety or a panic attack.

Millions throw pills at the problem.

Sounds like no fun.  I've known quite a few people with the problem. 

I don't have the answer though, but you should do some reading and try to find out what the head shrinkers that aren't in the pockets of the drug companies have to say about how to manage the problem.

I'm of the opinion that the key to beating most of these "simple" mental issues like anxiety (never really had it, just barely barely once in a great while) or depression (in the 10th round of a 12 round fight with that one) is within you, similar to beating addiction.

It's your mind, and with enough dedication, you can tackle the problem.  Research a lot!

If you feel like it, read "If you meet the buddha on the road, kill him" which is a book about being a "guide" in the realm of psychotherapy.  I find it insightful in self-help, a way to learn a bit of how to be your own guide. 

There's a lot of interesting and zany stuff in that book, and it doesn't have the answers, but has a unique perspective that is worth checking out.

Hopefully, with the amount of people in the know at the shroomery, you will get better answers/directions to go than the stuff I said.

EDIT: to the above poster, what's the big deal about non-existence? 

Also, speaking of getting high, pot is a trigger for anxiety in some people, myself included to a very mild extent.  I smoke every night, but sometimes regret it...I can tell real quick if it's coming on, and I'll stop in the middle of a hit of kind and just blow it out ASAP!    The kind trys to kill me with kindness sometimes.  :rastamon:

Edited by abica (05/19/08 12:19 AM)

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#8418796 - 05/19/08 12:17 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

could be the flight or fight response, try some flight the next time it happens and see if that helps

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Re: Feeling weird again. Medical reasons? [Re: abica]
    #8418798 - 05/19/08 12:18 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

i found that after a trip and a lot of thought i kill the anxiety for a while. Eventually the weight of the world begins to weigh heavy on your soul. Time for another dose.

--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND

Offlineabica
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Feeling weird again. Medical reasons? [Re: Jack Albertson]
    #8418807 - 05/19/08 12:20 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

You know, I've been thinking the same thing for about a month...well said. That's not always the answer, but there's truth in them thar words.

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

#8418810 - 05/19/08 12:21 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

well of course dosing isnt always the answer. but keys open doors. The idea is to not have to dose.

--------------------
TRANSCEND

OfflineLimes
fellowsopher
Male

Loc: Canada
    #8418841 - 05/19/08 12:30 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

that's exactly what happens to me when I smoke weed, stopped for a while about 10 days ago.. hope to go till june and maybe feel good enough to start over. try meditation, learn to control your thoughts

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

#8418858 - 05/19/08 12:34 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Well, a few things have been going on.

Lost my job of 5 years (i have a part time job and still get unemployment tho), Sprained my ankle big time, my wife just had our second son a few weeks ago, i started smoking weed again, i have terrifying nightmares that keep me awake at night, i live in a old house that is creepy at night, scary dreams about the marine corps, and im on a diet and excersizing all the time now. I have ben kind of freaked out about trying to get my glassblowing shop up and going.

I don't know, most of my worries seem pretty day to day stuff. I deal with alot and try to live by a philosiphy that my dad uses: don't think about the bad stuff, just deal with what you can. I don't let the bad stuff bother me for even 1 second. Is that good or bad? I don't know, i usually am pretty strong willed. Im big enough that nothing and no one seems a threat to me, so people are really not a problem.

I have been feeling out of sorts latly. Like i need somthing to snap me out of it. Or into it. I have this sense of waiting, like a spring about to go off. Not a angry or crazy thing, just like something is going to happen. It feels like it could be somthing as simple as a suprise visit from someone i havn't seen in awhile, or a volcano going off. It's weird walking around feeling like this. Like dice are rolling in my head waiting to land.

I think i may be just ranting now. I need to just sleep.

--------------------

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

Live long and prosper.

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

#8418871 - 05/19/08 12:39 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

marines?

--------------------
TRANSCEND

OfflinePowerTripp
GfunkyWhiteBoy
 User Gallery
    #8418895 - 05/19/08 12:45 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

oh ya.. i forgot to add.. DO SOMETHING YOU ENJOY VERY MUCH!!!!!!! im serious, i went through this.. i had a favorite game awhile back and when i had those panic attacks, i played the game n got lost in it n when i thought about it.. wow the feeling is gone n i didnt even realize it.. so seriously, once u do something that youll get lost in like that, you wont even know that you feel better. trust me buddy! it sucks i know but stay strong and im here to help you. message me if you need anything else. god bless you and good luck!

Offlineabica
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8418909 - 05/19/08 12:51 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Damn man, with the exception that I've never been in the military, I can say "I know how ya feel."  And my house isn't creepy and old- I like those :sad: Not much in the way of dreams for me lately, either.  There was a time when I was touching the threshold of lucid dreaming.  I was also a much better blues player then, and just happened to be pretty depressed.  Go figure.

Creepy and old house can be comforting if you look at it right.

I live by the same philosophy, one I learned from my dad, a small business owner that went to vietnam with 101 AB DIV.  Somehow though he pulls it off and makes good things happen, I pull it off making half-assed things sorta happen.  Oh well...

"A volcano going off"

No shit...something, anything.  The day-to day is a mother.

Shit I'm rambling because I just completed a stage of a project.

--------------------
My first poo tub

OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

Loc: A Church
    #8418950 - 05/19/08 01:15 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I have depression and I can relate to the "sense of immediate and pending doom, or dread", you are not alone.
IME, SSRI's don't help, and xanax has the abuse and violence potential, but that's still up to you.

Does the impending sense of doom happen when you're alone and stagnant? It was that way for me mostly and getting out helps a lot.

You also have a lot going on right now, you seem like a good guy I hope you realize that and pull yourself out of the hole and back on level ground where your family and friends are.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

Get help, help is free and available 24/7/365.

God bless you all and I hope you receive the help you need to turn away from your lives of sin.

Mushrooms and drugs make you gay, you can reverse this homosexual condition with rehab, get help! Stop being gay!

OfflineRonaldFuckingPaul
Our Dear Leader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Straight Outta Compton Flag
Re: Feeling weird again. Medical reasons? [Re: Chemy]
    #8418954 - 05/19/08 01:17 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Don't get into pharmaceuticals those will only fuck you up even more. You gotta treat the problem not the symptoms.

--------------------

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Re: Feeling weird again. Medical reasons? [Re: RonaldFuckingPaul]
    #8419373 - 05/19/08 08:05 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the kind words everyone. It usually happens when i am alone and left to my thoughts. There are some things that i am working out over the next few months that are indeed stressfull, but i don't think i need to take meds for it. I was addicted to viccodin for a long time, and i don't need to start with some other pill. Im just going to smoke a bowl when i am alone, because i always just feel chill and well in control of everything then. I am a bit of a control freak, but i know that and am working on it. -Shine on :psychsplit:

--------------------

Live long and prosper.

Offlinemisterdogman
Educationalresearcher ofthe Shroom
Male

Loc: International Waters in a...
    #8419394 - 05/19/08 08:19 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

LordOfChaos said:
Thanks for the kind words everyone. It usually happens when i am alone and left to my thoughts. There are some things that i am working out over the next few months that are indeed stressfull, but i don't think i need to take meds for it. I was addicted to viccodin for a long time, and i don't need to start with some other pill. Im just going to smoke a bowl when i am alone, because i always just feel chill and well in control of everything then. I am a bit of a control freak, but i know that and am working on it. -Shine on :psychsplit:

Yeh Id agree with previous posters that said its a panic attack or anxiety. Meds do suck and can fuck you up but if it happens a lot then you may still need to do something about it because the stress may fuck you up worse than any meds you could take...Id see a doctor maybe youll get some Xannies...

--------------------
While driving my overpowered car around tight corners like a maniac all my friends yell out. Hey man slow down, we might Wreck. I reply, Shut up, I drive like Dale Earnhardt. They all look around at each other and laugh. Then one asks me. Hey wait, isnt he dead? Well yeah he is I said. Then I drive like Junior I mumble, while I promptly slow down.
"Everyday is opposite day. Everything I say is opposite of what you think I am saying. So if I say something and you think I mean one thing it is the opposite of what I am really trying to say. I actually mean another thing other than what you are thinking I am saying. Get it? Good because that's what I meant".
"You may defeat me, you may even destroy me, But you will never CONQUER me"!

OfflineRonaldFuckingPaul
Our Dear Leader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Straight Outta Compton Flag
Re: Feeling weird again. Medical reasons? [Re: misterdogman]
    #8419592 - 05/19/08 10:23 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

misterdogman said:
Quote:

LordOfChaos said:

Yeh Id agree with previous posters that said its a panic attack or anxiety. Meds do suck and can fuck you up but if it happens a lot then you may still need to do something about it because the stress may fuck you up worse than any meds you could take...Id see a doctor maybe youll get some Xannies...

Horrible advice.

--------------------

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

Re: Feeling weird again. Medical reasons? [Re: RonaldFuckingPaul]
    #8419625 - 05/19/08 10:39 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

reeferaddict69 said:
Quote:

misterdogman said:
Quote:

LordOfChaos said:

Horrible advice.

Some people need to go that far to cancel out a panic attack. Once that surge of adrenaline starts coursing through your body and your heart hits 180bpm, it's either benzos or a heart attack.

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order