Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHoleSnype
I love me some me.
Male User Gallery

Loc: DF DUBS
Why everyone is fucking up their grows......
    #8402594 - 05/14/08 09:02 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Here it is. I am no expert, but I have had many successful projects. I am having trouble understanding why people that don't know what the hell is going on are giving other noobs advice. I have noticed a lot of people having problems with their grows. Way more than two years ago, when I was a noob. If you just knocked your jars up, and have not grown a damned thing, why would you give anyone advice?

Don't take this the wrong way, but you guys need to sit back and watch for a while, before you start fucking with other people's projects. When I start reading shit like "You must have old spores", or "Sterylize by dumping hot water on it" I have to ask myself "What the fuck is going on here"?

People put alot of money, time, and resources into this hobby, so unless you know for sure, let someone who knows what the fuck is going on give them advice. Everyone wants to be some expert. That is why so many people are fucking up their grows.

--------------------
"I'm sofa king we todd did." ~ Rick James

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinespearingflame03
~Gone with thewind~
Male User Gallery

Re: Why everyone is fucking up their grows...... [Re: HoleSnype]
    #8402694 - 05/14/08 09:23 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Gotta respect the teachers. :bowdown:

I just love when someone post a thread about how to grow and how much could i get off a blah blah pints also  ?? Its all about the conditions and what not and  just skips the search engine looking for a quick answer,I admit I did this a couple of times but after the shroomery monsters tore off my head and fixd it back together I learned to search before posting.
    I am new at cultivation and im excited to learn as much as i can from you guys.Well n all I hope to not be labeled as such,I am here now and this is my family welcome me or not:yourock: I shall not abuse the myco power. p.s Im tripping somewhat hard right now and my feelings are wacko.yea... :werd:

--------------------
I always have ideas that are conjured up from the manifestations deep within my imagination."Simple but complex".

Offlinefubuvsfitch
Philosopher King

Re: Why everyone is fucking up their grows...... [Re: spearingflame03]
    #8402837 - 05/14/08 09:48 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Well I for one believe my innoc knowledge is complete, although I haven't yet fruited any shrooms, so I am more than confident in giving innoc advice.

If you're refering to the thread a few links down in which I pointed out that I had old spores that didn't begin to colonize the jars for a while, well all I was trying to do was let homeboy know that old spores might take a while to begin colonization. I never said he "must have old spores", just that that might be the problem. And it's solid, proven, common knowledge that old spores lag in colonization, and I have first hand experience with this. If you're not refering to my comment, disregard the above.

As for questions about anything beyond innoc, yeah I leave those to the folks who have been there. And that's the way it should be.

--------------------
As below so above and beyond I imagine...

Edited by fubuvsfitch (05/14/08 09:50 PM)

OfflineP.Menace
Contradicting the Status Quo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Let Me See Potato Salad!!...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Why everyone is fucking up their grows...... [Re: fubuvsfitch]
    #8402926 - 05/14/08 10:05 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Sit back and listen to the big dogs... :gethigh:

Some of us are capable of retaining a large ammount of information in a short peroid of time... some of us are not capable of tying our own shoes, yet we all give advice... Sometimes I find my advice to be argued about... Different strokes for different folks, is what I say to that... I try to help people where they need help, using the materials available to them, sometimes I get told im wrong, other times people like my ideas... but either way, I say less than i could, and keep alot to myself, but thats just me:grin: We all know what I am capable of here, yet people still argue with me... hell I even have 2 people who have me on Ignore... I dont care... If i post advice, use it or dont... but i hate when people argue with me over my methods... So my methods are kept to myself mostly

But I do enjoy a good debate sometimes:grin:

--------------------

http://www.sporeworksgallery.com/Cubensae/Psilocybe_cubensis_Menace

roby000 said: thats true a shotgun is almost like a college degree in a sense that if you show it to the right person at the right time you could make a lot of money.

Offlinemephist00
MuSHRooMeR
 User Gallery

Re: Why everyone is fucking up their grows...... [Re: fubuvsfitch]
    #8402929 - 05/14/08 10:06 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

people just dont read enough.. thats it..
i also think its the fact that if they get a Direct answer to there question through communication, they will feel more assured that there question will be properly answered.

but you cant blame a n00b for being curious, however, almost every basic growing question you could ask has been answered and can be found by searching. If they can find the shroomery, they should be able to find the answer they need.. but some questions might require a more direct answer..

i admit, when i first started i asked a few n00b questions, it was stuff i already knew, but i wanted to be sure i guess.
my first grow isnt even complete yet, & i dont go giving answers im not sure about, i tell people what i have read from the most reputable people on this forum, mainly roadkill, roadrunner, brainiac ect..

and on this topic, that is probably why people post those kind of questions, there SO many different answers by different people on the same subject, it can be confusing on who's answer seems to work the best.

i wanted to contribute to this, im fucked up and bored. but yea, im a newb, but ive learned very quickly almost any answer (ESPECIALLY PF q's) can be found by making a simple click on search posts.

--------------------
"feed your head!!"

InvisibleHoleSnype
I love me some me.
Male User Gallery

Re: Why everyone is fucking up their grows...... [Re: mephist00]
    #8402963 - 05/14/08 10:13 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I hear you. I just hear lots of people giving advice that doesn't make any sense. I don't know if these guys are trying to build their posts numbers, or if they want to make themselves sounds smart. Between that and all of these kids growing in their parent's house, it drives me crazy. I know their will be the typical noob questions, but when people start giving out advice that is setting someone up for failure, that is fucked up.

--------------------

OfflineP.Menace
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #8402968 - 05/14/08 10:14 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Just like your sig:D right Hole?

--------------------

roby000 said: thats true a shotgun is almost like a college degree in a sense that if you show it to the right person at the right time you could make a lot of money.

InvisibleHoleSnype
I love me some me.
Male User Gallery

Re: Why everyone is fucking up their grows...... [Re: P.Menace]
    #8402987 - 05/14/08 10:18 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Is that you playing my bone in the GIF? :cool:

--------------------

OfflineP.Menace
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #8403004 - 05/14/08 10:21 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

No... I seem to remember you playing that bone... You were quite fond of it until it went limp:lol:

--------------------

InvisibleHoleSnype
I love me some me.
Male User Gallery

#8403036 - 05/14/08 10:25 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I wasn't playing it. It went limp because I unplugged it. LOL

--------------------

OfflineP.Menace
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #8403068 - 05/14/08 10:30 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

are you sure... the guy in your avatar and the guy in my sig look an awful lot alike...

So you like blowing on limp bones?:lol:

Sorry for Hijacking your thread... It was all in fun.

--------------------

Invisibleblood4blood
Calmer Than You Are

Loc: The Valley
    #8403102 - 05/14/08 10:36 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

i limit the advice i give out now. i like helping out new guys though. but only if they're trying a little on their end too. i had a lot of helpful people give me good advice when i started and i just try and return the favor i guess.

OfflineP.Menace
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Why everyone is fucking up their grows...... [Re: blood4blood]
    #8403118 - 05/14/08 10:38 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

blood4blood said:
i limit the advice i give out now. i like helping out new guys though. but only if they're trying a little on their end too. i had a lot of helpful people give me good advice when i started and i just try and return the favor i guess.

I hear that.

--------------------

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
    #8403136 - 05/14/08 10:41 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Invisibleblood4blood
Calmer Than You Are

Loc: The Valley
    #8403161 - 05/14/08 10:45 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

i know how much of a clusterfuck and overwhelming this hobby can be at first. when i first came on here i was using a tub with a drip shield on it and an ultrasonic piped through 4 two liter pop bottles then piped into the fc from something i picked up from erowids.

OfflineMad River
Reverend, Churchof Todd
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Great Lakes Region, U...
    #8403176 - 05/14/08 10:47 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I have been guilty of not so much giving advice, but observing and giving my thoughts based on what I have learned. I always point out the fact that I'm a noob, however, and I never state my thought as fact. So, if I have given any bogus "advice," I apologize profusely.

Additionally, I would like to say that the above respondents have been very helpful in accelerating my learning curve, and I greatly appreciate all of your advice.

Crazy ink, P.Menace, is that yours? On top of your advice, I really appreciate your offer of spore prints!

Offlinemephist00
MuSHRooMeR
 User Gallery

Re: Why everyone is fucking up their grows...... [Re: blood4blood]
    #8403185 - 05/14/08 10:50 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

yea, it can be overwhelming at first, i know for the first 2 weeks i was confused.. just because there are so many different teks and methods on growing, and the fact that there are like 20 of the same tek, all with mostly minor differences..

--------------------
"feed your head!!"

OfflineP.Menace
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Why everyone is fucking up their grows...... [Re: Mad River]
    #8403204 - 05/14/08 10:54 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Mad River said:
Crazy ink, P.Menace, is that yours? On top of your advice, I really appreciate your offer of spore prints!

:wink:

--------------------

InvisibleHoleSnype
I love me some me.
Male User Gallery

Re: Why everyone is fucking up their grows...... [Re: Mad River]
    #8403215 - 05/14/08 10:55 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Mad River said:

No, but that is my bone he's playing.

--------------------

OfflineP.Menace
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #8403254 - 05/14/08 11:02 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

yep... Everything he says or types IS Bullshit...lol

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds