Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelivingsr
Spiritualist
Male User Gallery
Birdseed Fractional Sterilization
    #8401025 - 05/14/08 01:56 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Should I prepare the birdseed as if i were using a pressure cooker with simmering so they absorb as much water as possible before boiling three times?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineI Like Alkaloids
Brought Back to Life
Male

Loc: Rocky Mountains, U.S. Flag
Re: Birdseed Fractional Sterilization [Re: livingsr]
    #8401097 - 05/14/08 02:13 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

If you want to shake grains, you need a tyvek or polyfill lid.

:cool:

--------------------
A lot of people here are assholes, but so am I...

:cool:

OfflineNeobean
Adept Mycologist
Male

Loc: Canada
Re: Birdseed Fractional Sterilization [Re: livingsr]
    #8401164 - 05/14/08 02:27 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

livingsr said:
Should I prepare the birdseed as if i were using a pressure cooker with simmering so they absorb as much water as possible before boiling three times?

You don't boil 3 times. You rinse three times, soak for 24 hours. Simmer (slow boil) for 10 minutes. Strain well...

--------------------
If y0u want s0meting gr0wn right, y0u g0tta gr0w it y0urself!!!

Invisiblesmokedout420
The EnlightenedOne
Male User Gallery

Re: Birdseed Fractional Sterilization [Re: Neobean]
    #8401413 - 05/14/08 03:48 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

and dont forget to pressure cook 60min @ 15psi

Quote:

http://www.shroomery.org/9030/Docs-Wild-Bird-Seed-Tek
Soak WBS for 12-24 hours(clean thoroghly)
Simmer WBS for 20-30 minutes---------->ATTENTION PEOPLE!!!

Bring your water temp up to 200 degrees and hold it there for 20-30 minutes!!!!! DO NOT BOIL YOUR WATER---->if you are experiencing
too many bursted grains lower your simmer time by 5 minutes until you hit the sweet spot. STOP blaming these teks for your screw-ups(including mine)Start with a 20 minute simmer and work from there. When you pull up a large spoon full of grains and see maybe 3-10
grains that have exploded(they will be millet-it bursts first)STOP=you are done simmering(if the 20 minutes is up first=stop=your done)Then,,,,,,
YOU MUST RUN COLD WATER ON THE GRAINS TO STOP THE COOKING PROCESS!!!(more grains will burst if you don't), continue to run cold water on the grains until the grains themselves are cold to the touch, then drain

Drain jars for 30 minutes or untill no water is dripping from the strainer in which the grains are in.
Load into jars and PC for 60 minutes @ 15 psi
Let the PC cool down and immediately remove the jars(after the PC has vented its pressure out) and give the jars a good vigorous shake to redistribute the grains(the grains on the bottom are like mush-they are wet and need to be mixed with the dry grains on top so they will equal out the moisture content).
Let the jars cool overnight=at least 12-24 hours-you may want to wait a couple of days before you inoculate them just to see if they are sterile=better to wait 3-5 days instead of going ahead and inoculating them to find out they are contamed and lose all of your spores, better safe than sorry).
You now have jars just like Doc has-if you can read just what I wrote you will not have jars too wet are jars too dry=just perfect.
I won't go into why the soak is needed and I won't go into why the simmer is needed-people who know why know;)

My two cents

Doc

Edited by smokedout420 (05/14/08 04:00 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag