Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineIamthewalrus
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
a recommendation for those who seek the truth
    #8392119 - 05/12/08 10:18 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

mere christianity by CS Lewis

this book is a masterpiece of truthful realization imo especially the chapter on sexual immorality which accurately accessed(sp?) the problems with "free love"(which is anything but free) and the direction it would lead...considering when this book was written and how right on the money he was about it suggests it was a direct revelation of god

incredibly brilliant man who was once an atheist(he also wrote the narnia series of books)

I once encouraged sexual immorality(especially with younger girls) here which I feel absolutely horrible about now and its all ironic considering I am a virgin...I don't even want to have sex anymore...I don't want to corrupt myself with another addiction...even if it was in marriage it would lead to new worldly priorities

and I'm quite happy offering my life and sexuality as a sacrifice for the campaign of good

and while I'm on the subject of being wrong I want you all to know as well that I was flat out wrong about lsd and other psychedelics as well(I made an idol of them)...wheather they could have been a tool for good I don't know but the reality is they have been infected and have become "food sacrificed to idols" and serve to do not much more then lead ppl to falsehoods today

I believe I felt gods love through them...but it was not until I was humbled through painful events that I truely found the truth...tho it was all part of my path so I can't discount anything including my encouragement of drug use but now that I know better I want to make it known to you as well so that you may avoid my path of pain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: a recommendation for those who seek the truth [Re: Iamthewalrus]
    #8392177 - 05/12/08 10:36 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Let's examine some text from 'Mere Christianity, shall we?

I have been asked to tell you what Christians believe, and I am going to begin by telling you one thing that Christians do not need to believe. If you are a Christian you do not have to believe that all the other religions are simply wrong all through. If you are an atheist you do have to believe that the main point in all the religions of the whole word is simply one huge mistake. If you are a Christian, you are free to think that all these religions, even the queerest one, contain at least some hint of the truth. When I was an atheist I had to try to persuade myself that most of the human race have always been wrong about the question that mattered to them most; when I became a Christian I was able to take a more liberal view. But, of course, being a Christian does mean thinking that where Christianity differs from other religions, Christianity is right and they are wrong. As in arithmetic- there is only one right answer to a sum, and all other answers are wrong: but some of the wrong answers are much nearer being right than others.

Gee, first Lewis generously allows for other religions, at least the parts that are in accordance with Christianity (duh), then tells us that other religions are WRONG, but throws them a bone if they are close to the same!

Sorry, but that is not allowing for differences at all.

Typical Christian arrogance. Nothing new here and certainly NOT divinely inspired.

--------------------

InvisibleChronic7

Re: a recommendation for those who seek the truth *DELETED* [Re: Iamthewalrus]
    #8392229 - 05/12/08 10:55 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by Chronic7

Reason for deletion: d

--------------------

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

Re: a recommendation for those who seek the truth [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #8392254 - 05/12/08 11:05 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

as I have said before all great maniuplations are based on truth...I have said to many christians myself that I believe that other religions do contain elements of truth and have found them ignorant in this regard...I"m not saying christians are perfect...christanity at its core is the acceptance that you are not perfect and asking forgiveness for that fact

what you still don't get(and probably never will) is that because the word IS the truth it aligns you with god and allows his spirit to come upon you and enlighten you through events that happen within your life

this isn't about evidence its about the heart...and when your heart is in the right place...when you open yourself up to the possibility that you could be wrong and seek what is true for the truth itself you are able to truely see for the first time...to see what is really going on behind the scenes and always has been

"(AQ)An evil and adulterous generation craves for a sign; and yet no sign will be given to it but the sign of Jonah the prophet;

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#8392262 - 05/12/08 11:08 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

christanity at its core is the acceptance that you are not perfect and asking forgiveness for that fact

Sounds like God needs my forgiveness for fucking up. If I write a flawed program does one blame the code or the engineer/creator?

--------------------

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

Re: a recommendation for those who seek the truth [Re: Chronic7]
    #8392265 - 05/12/08 11:08 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

oh I agree man I believe sex is a symbol and expression of love but it was never meant to be abused but to be between only 2 ppl for life to combine and create "one flesh" sex indulged in within any other context is nothing more then another addictive indulgence and actually serves to ruin what it was meant to be(but I believe that can be salvaged through hard work)

me being a virgin does not make me anymore clean then anyone else here...what makes me clean over some is that I have accepted the gift of cleansing from my sins

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

#8392274 - 05/12/08 11:11 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

we have been given choice...and true choice is the real possibility of going astray

what you have to realize this isn't over yet and even from evil god can(and has and is and will) extract good

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#8392285 - 05/12/08 11:14 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

If true there is also the possibility of also not going astray; therefore I do not need forgiveness.

--------------------

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

#8392292 - 05/12/08 11:17 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Iamthewalrus said:
and I'm quite happy offering my life and sexuality as a sacrifice for the campaign of good

You're going about it the wrong way, and this I feel is the biggest mistake you are making. Tell me, were your parents immoral for fucking to make you? You wouldn't be here without that alleged "addiction". It's not an addiction, it's love. Without it people wither and die inside, and become bitter preachers, condemning any joy in people's lives as detracting from the ONE TRUE PATH TO GOD or worse.

You may see this as important in your life now. I hope you'll reconsider, and reconsider soon.

--------------------

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

#8392298 - 05/12/08 11:18 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

you have made the choices in your life and YOU are to blame for most of the pain that has come upon you

what you aren't responsible for is "original sin" which is imo is the fact that we are born into a world already polluted and corrupted...not only that but our sinful nature which has gotten more and more potent has been passed from generation to generation in our genes

we are born into consquences of the sins of past generations which is part of the reason god has had mercy on us...we are actively being manipulated by satan and his army so while we have to claim some responsibility we are caught in the middle in a lot of ways yet responsible none the less for our actions and choices

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

Re: a recommendation for those who seek the truth [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #8392324 - 05/12/08 11:25 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I am not saying that sex is a bad thing or that birth and life is bad of course but I believe my place here is not to have children but to help show ppl the truth of this world

and I know that if I were to have children I would be changing my priorities in a lot of ways and I don't believe that that is whats best for me or for others

tho I am open to being wrong and shown a different path

oh and just for the record I don't believe that sex HAS to be about children when in marriage...it specifically says in the bible not to deny your spouse that when you become 1 you truely become one and that your wifes flesh has become your own and vise versa

there is nothing that says sex has to be for children

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#8392335 - 05/12/08 11:28 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

You are an amazing good little parrot regurgitating harmful and unoriginal false ideas that help no one. Hope you break free from the nonsense forced into your head by parents and other trapped individuals.

I would pray for you if prayer was efficacious, but alas, that too is fantasy. Come to Vegas and I will get you drunk and laid, little brother. :satan:

--------------------

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

#8392348 - 05/12/08 11:34 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

you would pray?(oh nm I guess I should fully read others posts eh? :P)

you are free to believe what you want and I am simply stating the truth as best as I Can(which I admit is not very good)

I feel sorry for ppl who believe the manipulations of society that we are only happy when having sex with multiple partners

we both know that as much as you may want to believe that sex can be casual that there is VERY real pain left over everytime you give yourself to someone who does not love you and ask yourself how I would know this given that I have not actually had sex

Edited by Iamthewalrus (05/12/08 11:35 AM)

InvisibleChronic7

#8392364 - 05/12/08 11:39 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I don't see going astray as wrong though, its just natures path.

Is a Bengali tiger evil because it rips apart 100 people in India every year?
Whats makes humans killing any different? Its still nature.
Yes we've had many prophets tell us "the way" but people who are told to do one thing will do another.

Even those who love to be bad, still love!

I can see how sex can be seen to be as "only if your ready to have children should you do so" but we have contraception.

But if we are taught tantra then sex would be about bliss beyond pleasure & pain, where there is no ejaculation so no possibility of getting pregnant. We should be really taught about sex and its power, the whole universe is sex.

Sex is life life is sex. Orgasm is when we touch the bliss of oneness.

I definitely believe the definition of a boy to a man is when you are ready to have a child.

In this way i am much a boy, nowhere near a man, as i am still busy flowering myself.
Let alone to bear the responsibility of raising another confused human being.

So in a way thousands of years ago they should've abstianed until they are ready to bare child, but nowadays we have contraception. My mum was a family planner and i was taught about sex form a very early age.
I believe everyone should be taught about sex as soon as they have the ability to ask where babies come from, otherwise you are raised mega confused.

I may be wrong but i heard that Mary was 16 when she was pregnant.

:peace:

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#8392369 - 05/12/08 11:41 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

and ask yourself how I would know this given that I have not actually had sex

Because you are a good little parrot - that's how.

--------------------

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

Re: a recommendation for those who seek the truth [Re: Chronic7]
    #8392386 - 05/12/08 11:44 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

contraception is obviously NOT working because contraception cannot bypass humanity's need to fulfil pleasure over righteousness

besides if you really read my post(I'm guilty of the same so don't think I'm attacking you :P) you would see that I encourage sex for pleasure within marriage with ONE person

what makes me really sad is I believe that most here even yourself know at some level that I am right and yet deny the truth out of fear of losing something you THINK you need to be happy(and pride)

I believe that the rise in std's are in part a consequence of embracing free love(in a spiritual sense) a negative consequence for negative choices

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#8392387 - 05/12/08 11:45 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

>>>>me being a virgin does not make me anymore clean then anyone else here...

It also doesn't make your advice on sexuality particularly inviting. If you've never been intimate with a woman, why knock it til you've tried it? Sounds like sour grapes to me.

I'd be willing to guess, that Now that you've discovered a higher cause, intimacy could be much more possible than in the past. Leaving the past behind doesn't have to mean becoming a monk. Women want you to ravage them and love them too.

A person is either set in their ways, or open to learning something new. Death, or life, it seems to me.

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #8392399 - 05/12/08 11:49 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

The fallacy here is that it is not a choice between casual, loveless sex with multiple partners OR sex between a married man and woman. This logical fallacy is known as "False Dilemma" or "Excluded Middle." The fact is, one can have loving sex without commitment, and one can also have commitment without marriage, and marriage without true commitment. One can also have loveless sex within a marriage, multiple partners while married, etc...

Those who claim that their sexuality can be successfully diverted into religion are in denial of their animal nature, IMO. We need not be slaves to our sexuality, but eliminating its' expression is more likely to result in emotional illness and fetish behaviors than to "holiness."

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

Re: a recommendation for those who seek the truth [Re: Rahz]
    #8392401 - 05/12/08 11:50 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I'm gonna sound prideful but I'm gonna be flat out honest...I cannot bat girls away fast enough and I fucking hate it...entire cars full of girls scream at me while they pass and star at me and seek me in everything I do to the point where I don't trust women as friends because they seek to entice me over being a true friend with honest helpful advice(and thats another example of the problems with promiscuity)

and honestly I was a very ugly kid growing up and just really grew into myself and I feel so unequipped to handle this attention I get

I am open to sex I just don't want to become a slave to another addiction so if marriage comes then great I will have lots and lots of sex(which obviously I do crave and its been very tough for me to turn down all the chances I get) but at this point I have better things to do with my time then spend it fantasizing about another pleasure

Edited by Iamthewalrus (05/12/08 11:52 AM)

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#8392408 - 05/12/08 11:53 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Satan is on to you and you cannot stop the onslaught of hot babes until you succumb. There is no escape.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom