Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineWakingUp
Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: New Mexico
Hyphal knots forming after FAE?
    #8373759 - 05/07/08 04:15 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Hello, i would firstly like to reference my thread from this morning:this mornings thread

now to sum it up i had some concerns this morning cause i found a contaminated cake in my FC, so we got into some FAE disscussion, lead to me taking the top cover of my tent and doing a whole lot of fanning it out, then moved my air pump outside the tent so as to bring fresh air from outside the tent into my FC

now heres the jist, seems like through the course of the day i have developed a shit load of hyphal knots, clearly im sure thats what they are from the pics, though these will be my first, they are not ariel mycelium ive had that for days, they are dense little knots

anyhow i have one cake that has been in there for 5 days(her brother died this morning), and the other two have been in there not so long, two days, but they all developed hyphal knots *today* when i came home having the tent cover half off, there they were on all three cakes. So am i crazy or did this fresh air exchange boost clearly trigger these knots?

I didnt expect this kind of results, im pleasantly surprised so i decided to share

im not going to abandon my tent altogether, just gonna leave the top partially off and make sure its ventilated better from now on

so i pose this question, could i be so mistaken that it is not possible that this could have happened over the course of today?

could i be mistaken that the change in FAE is the cause?

thanks!

i feel now that the cake that died this morning did not die in vane, for he has shown me the way to better treat his brethren

--------------------
I've found myself, and found nothing...
My NEW GROW ROOM BITCHES!!!
My Current HPOO Project!

and this is a chipmunk on my hand

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblear393
old timer
Male
Loc: VT
Re: Hyphal knots forming after FAE? [Re: WakingUp]
    #8373994 - 05/07/08 05:18 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

its been said, oh somewhere around 124782390857348956348725624789 times that fresh air and light trigger fruiting.

now lets think about it. you are some happy mycelium growing inside pile of cow dung. last time i checked not a lot of fresh air or light inside the cow dung that you are growing through. it would be a waste of all your effort to produce a fruit inside the dung as your spores would not go anywhere, thus negating the entire point of producing spores to further your species.

now after a few days of growing through the dung, low and behold you hit the edge, and there is all this light and fresh air. hmm, now this would be a good place to start fruiting and produce spores. giving my little potential offspring a chance to grow....now hey i wonder what direction i should grow in to allow gravity to pull the spores into the wind. maybe i should grow towards the light, since thats usually above me....

/rant

Edited by ar393 (05/07/08 05:21 PM)

OfflineWakingUp
Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Re: Hyphal knots forming after FAE? [Re: ar393]
    #8374018 - 05/07/08 05:22 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

wonderful, love your attitude and sure am sorry to waste your time on my stupidity

my observations/question were not soley on the basis of fresh air triggering pining, just wondering if it was possible that it could have happened so soon ?

--------------------
My Current HPOO Project!

OfflineWakingUp
Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

#8374026 - 05/07/08 05:24 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

i sure wish i was happy mycelium in cow dung though, god that sounds great, what a life mycelium has

btw, whats are the odds fungus is sentient ? ya know like in dreamcatcher

--------------------
My Current HPOO Project!

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #8374432 - 05/07/08 07:06 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

It takes a day or two for the hyphal knots to form, so I'd say it's a coincidence that you noticed the knots today. However, light and fresh air are the two most important pinning triggers, once full colonization is reached and near saturation humidity is maintained.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineWakingUp
Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Re: Hyphal knots forming after FAE? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #8374472 - 05/07/08 07:14 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

thanks RR

--------------------
My Current HPOO Project!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder