Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineabica
Intrepid Warlock's Apprentice
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The River City
Mixing composted h/poo with chopped straw - only have composted.
    #8368792 - 05/06/08 01:14 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I have a nice pile of crap in my backyard. I originally thought that composted poo was best, but I hear from those in the know that composted (loose, dirt-like) poo will just turn to mud when you hydrate it.

Therefore, a certain percentage of chopped straw and maybe a spot of verm thrown into the poo before pasteurizing? In my estimation, that would make for a lighter, more airy substrate?

I know road apples are what I want, but at the moment I'm working with what I've got. Although it is composted and broken up, there seems to be enough fibrous material in it that even after a heavy rain, it didn't turn to mud in the pile...

Been doing lots of reading to try to come up with a solution, but haven't, so ideas regarding mixing in some stuff to get a good consistency would be appreciated.

--------------------
My first poo tub

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineabica
Intrepid Warlock's Apprentice
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The River City
Re: Mixing composted h/poo with chopped straw - only have composted. [Re: abica]
    #8373167 - 05/07/08 01:40 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

It's raining today, so I'll get to play in the poo to see what kind of texture it has...muddy, loamy (desired I assume), etc.

I'm guessing that if it gets good and wet but doesn't act like dense mud, it should be good substrate?

--------------------
My first poo tub

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder