Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesancho
mexican
 User Gallery

Loc: 20 floors below sea level...
slow pin development, n00b in need (yes, have searched old posts)
    #8365066 - 05/05/08 01:29 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

this is my first grow. i am getting slightly worried.

I am growing thai- lipa strain. After placing the casing in the terrarium, I did not realize the importance of misting. It sat three or four days without direct misting (only misted sides, RH was 100%, low 70s temp, 3x fanning).

I started seeing pins pop up 4 days ago. Realizing that the casing was dry (MGMC started to turn slightly brown) I have been spraying the casing/pins for the last 4 days about twice a day. I fan very regularly (5 or 6x daily) so water does not sit on top of the pins. Right now, temp is about 76, lower RH (probably around 90).

I am worried because the pins don't seem to be growing! They have barely grown at all! It has been four days and they look like this (a little moist, just watered, but then it sat out to dry a little):

shouldn't the pins have grown more? why is it taking so long? people say 4-8 days: do i just have to wait longer? i am guessing there is a problem because i didn't mist at the beginning. could there be some nasty living in there?

anyway, thanks for reading, and thanks for helping. i really appreciate it. i really like seeing projects turn out well and i get nerved up easily :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelbtchnlgs
Feel like a Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: slow pin development, n00b in need (yes, have searched old posts) [Re: sancho]
    #8365114 - 05/05/08 01:50 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I never had to mist, but im almost positive that you are suppose to stop misting ones pins form because they will abort if you mist them.

No worries if they all do abort, pick them get your casing nice and wet and you will have pins again in days

Offlinetheratatat
Hobbyist
 User Gallery

Re: slow pin development, n00b in need (yes, have searched old posts) [Re: lbtchnlgs]
    #8365180 - 05/05/08 02:14 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

It is possible that the rapidly changing conditions caused your pins to abort. Watch the pin heads around the edges, if you see them start to slightly blue, that is most likely what happened. Misting the pins lightly is ok if you said you are fanning really well. Just don't forcefully spray them or allow them to stay wet.

You have lots of primordia there as well. It looks like it would have been a great flush if the moisture was better. I am starting to get a knack for misting but it does take a while to get a technique down.

Best of luck.

Cheers

Offlinesancho
mexican
 User Gallery

Loc: 20 floors below sea level...
Re: slow pin development, n00b in need (yes, have searched old posts) [Re: theratatat]
    #8365649 - 05/05/08 04:28 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

does any one have an upper limit on how long i should wait before picking pins and wetting everything down again?

should they be taking this long?

and why do the caps look white? is this normal?

Invisibleshroober
Myco Junkie

Re: slow pin development, n00b in need (yes, have searched old posts) [Re: sancho]
    #8365665 - 05/05/08 04:33 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

dude don't pick your pins, just let them grow, i agree they seem to be stalling but they havent aborted so there is no reason to remove them

also, not sure what others say about this but i always mist my pins, and i rarely see aborts, as long as you have enough FAE you're fine

my advice, just sit back and wait, keep on misting, and by this time next week you should have a nice harvest

Offlinespearingflame03
~Gone with thewind~
Male User Gallery

Re: slow pin development, n00b in need (yes, have searched old posts) [Re: shroober]
    #8368110 - 05/06/08 08:45 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

agree.plz update wit us dude!

--------------------
I always have ideas that are conjured up from the manifestations deep within my imagination."Simple but complex".

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck