Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineComplex
combo breaker

Smoking Salvia?
    #8344100 - 04/29/08 10:08 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Hey everyone. I just had my first success with smoking salvia leaves this weekend out of a friends bong. I started laughing hysterically and thought i was bags of corn feed for about 10 mins then gently came back, all in all, it was awesome. I purchased my own bong and tried it again tonight. However, all i felt was like I was swaying and thats about it. I tried to reload the bowl, but it still didnt help. My friends bong stem had a huge bowl on it which may have a lot to do with it. I know numerous people have told me that its hard to feel an effect with salvia leaves, but Saturday night was just so great. I am probably going to purchase a bigger bowl, anyone know if this is why it was such a huge differnece. Also, I was just wondering how big a difference the extract is and how much I should smoke (gram wise or a rough estimate) thanks!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLSD Lost
Stranger

Re: Smoking Salvia? [Re: Complex]
    #8344136 - 04/29/08 10:13 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

yeah when i did salvia i got a really hard feeling that i was falling into the bed and i saw the room fly away from me! The next time i was a cartoon bridge it was crazy... that shit is nuts

OfflineComplex
combo breaker

Re: Smoking Salvia? [Re: LSD Lost]
    #8344165 - 04/29/08 10:18 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

its funny you mention cartoon bridges, because I also thought I was in a boat drifting down a cartoony river with cartoony apple trees all along the side. but like i said, I have been unable to assimilate the effects

--------------------

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
    #8344195 - 04/29/08 10:23 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

wow on plain leaves awsome

--------------------

OfflineComplex
combo breaker

Re: Smoking Salvia? [Re: Coaster]
    #8344203 - 04/29/08 10:25 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

thats what i said! but i cant go back there, i've tried 3 separate times to no avail...

--------------------

OfflineLSD Lost
Stranger

#8344288 - 04/29/08 10:48 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

not sure if i going to do it again my friend who did it with me said he was not real and was not alive and will not do it again.:mad:

OfflineLSD Lost
Stranger

#8344318 - 04/29/08 10:57 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

not sure if i going to do it again my friend who did it with me said he was not real and was not alive and will not do it again.:mad:

OfflineComplex
combo breaker

#8344344 - 04/29/08 11:02 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I'm anxious to try an extract, but I don't know how much to smoke of say like a 10x.

--------------------

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

#8344391 - 04/29/08 11:10 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

i need the highest extract to get off

--------------------

InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Prick
Male User Gallery

#8345546 - 04/30/08 10:01 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Complex said:
I'm anxious to try an extract, but I don't know how much to smoke of say like a 10x.

1/10th of what it took for you in plain leaves theoretically. It won't take you long to figure it out.

As for trying to get there with plain leaf, yes, the bigger bowl made the difference. The idea is to get the whole amount needed for a dose in as fast as possible. Doing so in one hit is a lot more effective than doing it in two or more hits. Pretty hard for most people to take in enough plain leaf at once for a trip.

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: Andromeda Galaxy
Re: Smoking Salvia? [Re: TripityDooDaDay]
    #8346493 - 04/30/08 04:33 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

remember to hold ur hits long!

--------------------
And they wandered off.. nine ways till bedfast.
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

Invisiblefushock
 User Gallery
    #8347028 - 04/30/08 07:05 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Its weird, the more I smoke plain salvia leaf the more of an effect it has on me. It used to be nothing to smoke a bowl full. But now, I get a very strange feeling and start sweeting like mad.

I wonder if you get a reverse tolerance too this stuff...

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: Andromeda Galaxy
Re: Smoking Salvia? [Re: fushock]
    #8347134 - 04/30/08 07:34 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

lol... salvia has a proven and well documented reverse tolerance

--------------------
And they wandered off.. nine ways till bedfast.
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Prick
Male User Gallery

Re: Smoking Salvia? [Re: Zinglons Acolyte]
    #8347663 - 04/30/08 10:06 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

ROFL yes it does. I got a big surprise a few weeks ago.

When I first tried Salvia I could nearly suffocate myself choking down so much plain leaf and not get any more of a buzz than doing the same with maybe paper or something like that. It was only after a handful of hard trips on strong home made extract that I could get anything out of plain leaf and even then it was mild.

Eventually I got to the point where I could get all I wanted from plain leaf but still had to smoke an uncomfortable amount of it trip good and still couldn't get a strong "breakthrough" with any amount of plain leaf.

Then a few weeks ago I packed a fat bowl of some leaves from one of my plants and hit it hard expecting a mild buzz. I took several steps back to my chair and was suddenly doing all I could to keep from dropping off of the deep end. lol I had company so I kinda needed to fight it at the time. It was hard though and really surprised me at how strong the effects were.

PE readers can skip the rest. I'm going to repost it in EG section and is way off topic for this PE thread.

This was from an indoor plant that has not had water, rain or otherwise, washing the surface of the leaves. It was pushed to the limit on low light and high fertilizing. I only started spraying it for humidity after it had been in it's environment for months. I did so because it was starting to die. In the end I lost some plants that were kept in those conditions including this one but the point is that I noticed crystals visible on the surface of the leaves. I have not seen these on my other plants and these leaves are a hell of a lot more potent. The difference is night and day.

I do remember reading somewhere that most of the salvinorum is located either on or near the surface of the leaves. I'm not sure exactly which and am not in the researching mood at the moment. I'm just wondering if it's possible the conditions I kept the plants in had a significant effect on the salvinorum content. More specifically does rainfall or watering the foliage wash away salvinorum. To take it a step farther, does fine misting help encourage more production of salvinorum on or near the surface? Also does pushing the fertilizer help in the salvinorum production.

I'm asking because I have not really read much on salvia specific growing. As far as growing pretty and prolific plants go I had no problems with salvia that I couldn't handle and didn't see a need to learn much more than I already knew from general horticulture.

This time potency is a serious issue to me as these plants were a whole lot more potent than my outdoor, medium fertilized, lots of light and sprinkler watered daily plants.

Any insights or tips on what way to go for the most potent plants. Visible crystals on the leaf surface to the point that you can brush them off is sweet.

With the law imposing so heavily on salvia now, being able to grow more potent plants in less space and light may become important.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Smoking Salvia? [Re: TripityDooDaDay]
    #8348557 - 05/01/08 04:59 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

salvia plants seem to always produce the same amount of salvinorin per square inch.

you will find it in waxy crystalline trichome structures on the undersides of the leaves (around stomata) and on the stems (people should scrape the stems before discarding).

Rain even sleet will not knock off non-water-soluble salvinorin from the leaves.

Boiling water barely takes off 1/5th of it with lots of stirring i.e.for tea).

A semi mechanical extraction without naptha cleaning would be to dry the leaves flat in a book and then strongly brush the bottoms only with very small cotton balls soaked in acetone held by a metal tweezer, then collect the clean salvinorin from the cotton balls (using regular acetone extraction).

the best thing to do with plants is to pinch the apical meristems when a branch is 4-6 inches promoting more branching -> more leaves.
Indirect lighting is great.
when a strong branch looks good for cutting, leave enough leaves on the main stem so that it continues to grow (and branch at the cut point), and then root the cutting in a clean glass (keep water fresh ~2-3 weeks).

I harvest large leaves (which I can dry flat using a big art book) from the cutting when I prepare it for rooting, so that it can get started better with less wilting.
(the big leaves are too much load for no roots or teensy rootlets)

it is patient work, but yields more than enough once you get going (six months or longer til your little indoor farm is a going concern).
I have been at it for over 4 years, and there are currently 8 stems in 2 large pots going and usually a total of 40 or more nice medium-big leaves - none of the original starter plant remains, all are pieces cut and grown from that original.

natural leaf dropping is 1 or 2 per week from my small "personal" operation.

harvesting medium-large leaves when cutting for rootings yields 20 leaves, 3 or 4 times per year.
skinny stemmed cuttings are not worth the trouble (think tea or extraction).

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Edited by redgreenvines (05/01/08 05:05 AM)

OfflineLSD Lost
Stranger

Re: Smoking Salvia? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #8351824 - 05/01/08 10:37 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

the best thing is in new jeresy you can just go in a headshop and buy it and do it when ever lol

OfflineAScannerDarkly
On StrangerTides
Male

#8359187 - 05/03/08 09:21 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

It's legal in california, too. Finally got bored enough to try it yesterday and regretted it instantly.

--------------------
[quote]Voido said:
[quote]drken said:
Dont get me wrong he is a funny guy, just not a great actor. Smoke some bud and watch the movie, weed helps me pick out shitty acting. [/quote]

no your just stoned. stop smoking pot [/quote]

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Re: Smoking Salvia? [Re: AScannerDarkly]
    #8359194 - 05/03/08 09:23 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

salvia :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblet00th
something terrible
Male
Loc: the dirty dirty
Re: Smoking Salvia? [Re: Coaster]
    #8359202 - 05/03/08 09:25 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

seems not very fun to me. havent tried it, dont think i will.

--------------------
:partykid:

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Re: Smoking Salvia? [Re: t00th]
    #8359252 - 05/03/08 09:44 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

salvia is pure madness, and thats wut makes it so fucking fun :evil:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds