Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Whose life are you living anyway?
    #8339055 - 04/28/08 07:45 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

What do you do during that day the is an original act created by yourself, performed by none other then yourself? What do you use of your own invention that no one else has used before?

Think about it. Pretty much everything we do, has been laid out for us by someone else who has done it before and sold us on it as the way to live our lives.

Think of how much that has been mapped out for us that we follow and all that was created for use by someone else.

Who were/are these people who designed our lives for us?

Ever think about that?

What would you change in your daily routine if you could? Where would you live different on the planet if you had the means to move there? What would you invent new to use if you had the means to make it for yourself?

How much of your daily life has actually been chosen by and created by yourself? How much do you do and where are you at that came about by the progression of circumstances alone.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleadrug

Re: Whose life are you living anyway? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #8339062 - 04/28/08 07:46 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Mine, obviously.

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
Re: Whose life are you living anyway? [Re: adrug]
    #8339069 - 04/28/08 07:48 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

adrug said:
Mine, obviously.

but, you're post does have some interesting ideas

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Invisibleadrug

Re: Whose life are you living anyway? [Re: demiu5]
    #8339088 - 04/28/08 07:51 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I don't think anyone designed my life for me. :shrug:

Maybe my parents, combined with my own actions later in life, but I don't think someone else decided all this half mundane/half ridiculous shit would happen to me.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Whose life are you living anyway? [Re: adrug]
    #8339143 - 04/28/08 08:04 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

adrug said:

Maybe my parents, combined with my own actions later in life, but I don't think someone else decided all this half mundane/half ridiculous shit would happen to me.

What do you do that no one else does?

Maybe you misunderstood the question.

Maybe you chose the job you work at. Have others done the same sort of work there or elsewhere though. Someone else created that job and outlined it for you to even have it to work at. Maybe you picked what school you go to and what you study there. others have gone and studied the same there. Someone else created the idea of higher education, the school, the idea of the class room, teachers/students, degrees, and did the research on the subjects you are being taught for you to learn.

That's the stuff I am talking about. What of your day, wasn't created for you to do or use by someone else already?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
Re: Whose life are you living anyway? [Re: adrug] * 1
    #8339150 - 04/28/08 08:06 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

adrug said:

that's not quite the point he's trying to make, though.  what he's saying (i think) is how because of all those who have come before us, most of the possibilities of our lives/life paths has already been paved...there are very few new trails to blaze because we don't step outside of these paths very often and make new ones

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Invisibleadrug

#8339225 - 04/28/08 08:25 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

demius said:
Quote:

adrug said:

that's not quite the point he's trying to make, though.  what he's saying (i think) is how because of all those who have come before us, most of the possibilities of our lives/life paths has already been paved...there are very few new trails to blaze because we don't step outside of these paths very often and make new ones

I would agree with that (in some sense). Somehow I just didn't read that in the post. heh

But my foggy memory is reminding me of a rather old quotation from who knows who, about how there is nothing new left to create. That man was quite obviously wrong...maybe we are too?

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #8339234 - 04/28/08 08:29 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

The materials we use to paint the picture of our lives are limited, it's true. The colors have all been used before, the tools are old and familiar, the canvas is the same old thing...yet isn't a Monet remarkably different from a Best Western generic sunset? Isn't a Dali startlingly weird and evocative?

We are each artists utilizing what is available to us, but this does not make our creations the same as every life that has come before.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#8339246 - 04/28/08 08:31 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

demius said:
  what he's saying (i think) is how because of all those who have come before us, most of the possibilities of our lives/life paths has already been paved...there are very few new trails to blaze because we don't step outside of these paths very often and make new ones

YES!!!! Weird to think about huh? I found myself asking the question last week from out of nowhere, 'who's life am I living anyway?

I think new ones are there by an infinite amount. It's like you said though, we don't step outside of these worn paths often enough to make new ones. I was wondering what I would do different if I was completely thrown out of my path or had the means to get my inventive juices flowing and prototypes going. 

I am a she btw.;)

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Whose life are you living anyway? [Re: Veritas]
    #8339351 - 04/28/08 08:48 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Veritas said:
The materials we use to paint the picture of our lives are limited, it's true.  The colors have all been used before, the tools are old and familiar, the canvas is the same old thing...yet isn't a Monet remarkably different from a Best Western generic sunset?  Isn't a Dali startlingly weird and evocative? 

We are each artists utilizing what is available to us, but this does not make our creations the same as every life that has come before.

Here I would say, it doesn't mater if a Dali is different from a Monet in the sense that, someone became the first artist that used canvas, paints and brushes someone else created. It's been done already. Yet painting something from imagination that no one has seen before is an original thing to do with material someone else created for our use.

There are still new path pavers and innovators out there. They just seem so few compared to the global population. I was wondering if any of us here were one of them or wanted to be and in what way if they could be.

I am thankful to be enjoying the fruits of others labors and inventions, and the comforts and ease of what has already been paved and mapped out. At the same time, I came to realize, I am living a mostly unoriginal life in my daily existence. I could be a cliche :lol:

I'm not sure how comfortable I am with that realization or what to do about it if anything. Maybe it's a nagging feeling I have had of late telling me there is another new and different way to be and live life here on this planet and to find it because I will love it a millionfold more.

It's like having that something you on the tip of your tongue feeling.

I be trippen!:tongue:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #8339476 - 04/28/08 09:11 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I don't think that the issue is whether our particular actions are original or not, but rather whether we are fully engaged in our lives.  Perhaps it is not original to sit on my back porch & try to peel an orange all in one long strip...but when I give it my full attention, and enjoy the sensual experience of the orange, the freedom of sitting in the yard of my newly-purchased home, the lingering warmth of the early-spring evening...it doesn't matter how many others have done so before.  :shrug:

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#8339620 - 04/28/08 09:41 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I never said it should matter one way or the other.

Just something I am currently trippen on. Who knows where it will take me new if anywhere.

You did just inspire me to wonder if anyone had bathed in orange juice before and what it would be like. :lol:

edit -typo

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (04/28/08 09:47 PM)

InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

#8340401 - 04/29/08 12:17 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

nobody has ever been you before.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #8341795 - 04/29/08 12:00 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Ever think about that?

I've thought about little else for the last few years.

We are culture and a specific type of animal with that animal nature. No way out except possibly through dying.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Whose life are you living anyway? [Re: Clean]
    #8341812 - 04/29/08 12:06 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Of course my physical body and the sequence of my individual experience/perception is an original.

This is about what demius clarified for me. Most of us are living lives prepaved for us by others, doing what others before us have done, the way they did it, using what others before us have created for us to use, how they directed us to use them, working long hours just to be able to afford these things we think we need/should have.

WHO are those people besides being the original trail blazers and original inventors/innovators of our lives as we follow their leads, their systems and use their products. They are also systems creators, each creating methodic routine systems of sorts we live within without any deep questioning of why we even do.

On the one hand, I stand in awe of them and that power of influence.

On the other hand, I stand repelled by the idea of living within systems/routines of someone else's making.

Like when I am looking to decorate a blank wall in my home, I find myself wondering, who invented the ideas of homes with rooms for different uses, and the idea of decorating them with specific things designed to adorn walls?

Or like when I am making dinner around 6:00 for my family, I wonder who invented the concept of eating 3 meals a day and giving those meals names and what sort of foods you eat for them, the idea of the kitchen room, the appliances in it, the prepackaged food and beverage products, the idea of the dining room, the idea of playing pre recorded jazz music in the background dinner music, eating utensils.

Or when I shuffle my daughter off to TaeKwonDo and drama class, I wonder who created the idea of signing your children up for weekly activities you pay for and drive them too weekly.

Who are the people that invented woven fabrics, the idea of styles of clothing, washing machines, closets, hangers, irons, dressers with drawers. Oh My the routine of doing laundry :lol:

Who invented the 9-5 and weekends off, tennis clubs, and special clothes you wear to play tennis? :lol: Humans even have something called "tennis shoes", specially made for playing a game called tennis. :rofl2:

What is the Nike swoosh suppose to mean to me and why should I just do it? :lol:

Fuck, I have pink shiny paint on my nails that required a ten step system to put it there. :what:

I will methodically wash my car later, why? Who came up with the system I will follow as my father before me did for washing the car? We have products that help to remove dead bugs from things called windshields? There is stuff called armourall that will make your tires shiny :yesnod: You want shiny tires don't you? :hehehe: Who invented rubber tires and armour all anyway?

It seems every freaking thing I do, someone else decided for me that it is something I should do, or would want/like to do and I am going along with "the program" of family life in America.

It's a very good life.  It just doesn't feel like it's my life for such reasons, though technically it is. it is of my free choosing to go along with it.

These people on the one hand have provided services/systems  for us to make our lives more comfortable, easier, enhanced and more organized. They are servants to humankind and they are also like gods to humankind, the original designers of the things we do and use every day.

Are we their Kings and Queens or there slaves or both?

Do you ever feel like you want to wipe it all away and start from scratch in a jungle somewhere and see what sort of systems you would create for yourself to live by in there, what sort of things you would create from the raw materials to enhance your life experience with?

How much of what you do and have now could be easily kept stripped away?

What new might come into play?

It's the last question that has me very intrigued right now to further explore for myself.

Would I create any daily routines, things to do lists or just live by how the breeze and mood blows me from moment to moment?

Could all of this just be the meanderings of someone feeling stuck in an uninspired rut or in need of a vacation? :lol: :shrug:

Maybe I am experiencing a material world systems over load meltdown.

I am feeling like a visitor to an alien world, discovering a glorious kingdom, full of creative beings that are thriving with of wonderous inventions, and yet I also see the equivalent of one giant rat maze with cheeeese at the end of it, that most beings who live here all scurry around in day after day.

I see all of the human made inventions meant  to duplicate the natural world, or improve upon natures best. These humans say that it is all for greater convience.

You don't need to live where there are natural hot springs to bath in. You can live anywhere and purchase a hot tub.:cool:

You don't need to get your work done during daylight hours. You can purchase lights and work all night long too. :cool:

You don't even have to take care of your bodys immune system to keep from catching the flu. They have something called a flu shot that will do it for you.:cool:

You can even abuse the piss out of yourself and they have all kinds of things called prescription drugs that will mask the horrible symptoms of your self destruction for you. :cool:

Who should I be saying Thanks to for all of this?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #8341819 - 04/29/08 12:07 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

You get a 2 for originality and a 9 for execution.

:judge:

--------------------

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #8341840 - 04/29/08 12:14 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I am feeling like a visitor to an alien world

I've felt this way for as long as I can remember.  For me, though, it was not so much an appreciation of all the "wonders" of modern human life, but a deep confusion as to why no one valued and marvelled at the things I loved.  Why no one else spent the afternoon watching bugs, why no one else wanted to climb trees and gaze at the sky, why everyone was so busy with so much nothing all day.

For a while, I thought that I was what needed fixing, and I attempted to "fit in."  This didn't work well.  It seems my thin human disguise was insufficient, and eventually someone would notice my strangeness.  :grin:

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #8341864 - 04/29/08 12:25 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Why no one else spent the afternoon watching bugs

Please come quietly back to the 'home'. Your room is ready. We all miss you.

--------------------

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: Whose life are you living anyway? [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #8341870 - 04/29/08 12:26 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I think perhaps I would feel more at home amongst those we call insane.  The sane seem truly crazy to me.  :tongue:

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#8342005 - 04/29/08 01:01 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I can fully relate to your last two replies Veritas.

Just last week, while gardening, I came upon a new fire ant nest. I think I spent a freaking hour down on the ground along the mulch following their trail, watching them climb up and down pine bark.

I'm trying like hell to play off the suburbia stay at home mom thing, yet I don't think i'm very beleivable at it to the nieghbors. :lol:

Swami's funny made me realize, I may get a 0 on orginality, yet my execution of the role that has been played time and time before me is definetely all my own.

Speaking of the above, listen to this live a life not of your own making crap.

Pulling up to drop my daughter off for a class, she goes to turn the music volume down. I asked her why? She said, " You're a mom, you're not suppose to be listening to in music, it's embaracing."

I asked her what kind of music I was suppose to be listening to then. She said, "Ya know, stuff from the 80s like my other friends moms listen too." :foreheadslap: :tongue:

Not going to happen.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck