Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinespearingflame03
~Gone with thewind~
Male User Gallery

pf tek brown rice flour and verm
    #8338943 - 04/28/08 07:15 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

OK im going to start my first grow soon. I have been doing major reading over the past couple of weeks and I also have been reading thee guides, for example pf tek for simple minds,.Is the information for the mixture true ?

If I had 6 1/2 pint jars how much verm n brown rice flour would i need for this mixture?. I will have maybe 2 syringes so i can add more to each jar for faster growth maybe.

Ill have a 10 gallon aquarium with a mixture of perlite and just a lil bit of verm mixed in to keep it moist.

Ill probly be working with F+ i am hearing its ok for a starter.any helpful tips??? thanks
Also I lookd at my local walmart target n couldnt find vermaculite? maybe lowes have it.Any vendors online have these ?

--------------------
I always have ideas that are conjured up from the manifestations deep within my imagination."Simple but complex".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemephist00
MuSHRooMeR
 User Gallery

Re: pf tek brown rice flour and verm [Re: spearingflame03]
    #8338980 - 04/28/08 07:22 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

6 JARS
VERM - 3 Cups
BRF - 1 1/2 Cups
H2O - 1 1/2 Cups

i think thats correct..

and im pretty sure putting more spores in the jar wont necessarily make it grow faster...

the mix, moisture content, & temp, have a big impact on how well your mycelium grows

--------------------
"feed your head!!"

Offlinespearingflame03
~Gone with thewind~
Male User Gallery

Re: pf tek brown rice flour and verm [Re: mephist00]
    #8339005 - 04/28/08 07:28 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Really ok Thanks alot ! Thanks for the mix...
Ang good strains and where would be a good thing 2 ! Easy for a newb.

--------------------
I always have ideas that are conjured up from the manifestations deep within my imagination."Simple but complex".

Offlinespearingflame03
~Gone with thewind~
Male User Gallery

#8339007 - 04/28/08 07:32 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Really ok Thanks alot ! Thanks for the mix...
Ang good strains and where would be a good thing 2 ! Easy for a newb.

Offlinehottamali
Stranger
    #8339368 - 04/28/08 08:51 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I had a problem with getting the moisture right and someone suggested to mix the water and Vermiculite first. Then mix the BRF. I use 3/4 cup vermiculite with 1/4 cup water and 1/4 cup BRF. AS for how many cc's, I would say 1/4 to 1/2cc per hole, if you have 4 holes. More is not better because you only need two spores to start mycelium and if you use too many cc's you will have too much moisture. Once the mycelium starts to grow, it will take off and you will see more moisture in the jars.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: pf tek brown rice flour and verm [Re: hottamali] * 1
    #8339764 - 04/28/08 10:10 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

The basic recipe is one part brf, one part water, and two parts verm. If you make each part one cup, the above will fill five 1/2 pint jars. Search 'pf tek' on youtube for 'let's grow mushrooms' and watch all four parts before beginning.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleDCRC184
Ganja Connosseiur
Male

Re: pf tek brown rice flour and verm [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #8339784 - 04/28/08 10:16 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

"Let's Grow Mushrooms" is priceless.
Follow that video like gospel.

Offlinespearingflame03
~Gone with thewind~
Male User Gallery

Re: pf tek brown rice flour and verm [Re: hottamali]
    #8341198 - 04/29/08 08:38 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks.This is all new to me and from some of the information i have read is misleading. Thank you all for helping me out.

Im still deciding if i want the amazons, cambodians or golden teachers or F+.. Im leaning on the cambodians and amazons.

--------------------

Offlinephoreverphishin
Stranger

#8350069 - 05/01/08 02:38 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

will penis envy's grow on brf cakes please let me know I'm a noob

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: pf tek brown rice flour and verm [Re: phoreverphishin]
    #8350127 - 05/01/08 03:04 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

yep

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Offlinespearingflame03
~Gone with thewind~
Male User Gallery

Re: pf tek brown rice flour and verm [Re: Brainiac]
    #8351654 - 05/01/08 09:53 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Just ordered some B+ cant wait..So excited ! Any tips for a newb ? This is my first time with the pf tek.Thank you everybody who has thrown n their 2 cents. Hope after all the rights step Ill start a grow log.Ttyl peace Stay smokin in peace !!!

--------------------

Offlineprototypical_man
ass model

Loc: Doral Florida
    #8352055 - 05/01/08 11:37 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

yeah.. they will but.. I would suggest a noob start with something that is more likely to get them spores to repeat the cycle, and just over all a more noob friendly strain

--------------------
I have 29 Strains as of current.. I LOVE TO TRADE. See my bio for the strains I currently have.

I seek: Strains I don't have, exotic species, Edibles, Vacutainers, A accurate scale, chicken manure, worm castings, worms for making my own worm castings, plastic lids for mason jars, light malt extract, Kelp Meal, A Ph Tester, A microscope.

Offlineprototypical_man
ass model

Loc: Doral Florida
    #8352101 - 05/02/08 12:03 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Basic pf tek and pf for simple minds is true. Should be followed without much inspiraton or deviation. Stick to the formula and you'll get modest results. Modesty is good for a greenhorn.

Home depot here in florida sells huge ass bags of verm, shit is up to my waist.

I would personally get three syringes, even with the worst luck, all three can't go bad. do 12 jars initially, with a modest 2cc's per jar, half a cc into each of four holes. Thats enough spore solution that you can do 12 jars, of three diffrent types, and still have a little of each left to invest into a liquid culture project while your noob ass is itching because your impatient for your jars to grow, so instead of spending your time looking at them all the time and slowing them down by exposing them to light, you'll be spending your time learning how to make an liquid culture. If that works out, then you'll have plenty of culture to inject the next 100 jars I'm sure you'll want to make once your trippin on your first batch.

more than 2cc's total spore solution per jar and anymore isnt going to make much of a difference, speed for these things are finite, better off having a way to get these incubating in a 84 degree space to get them colonizing as fast as possible.

Adding verm to perlite is a bad idea, verm holds in moisture, perlite wicks it away. Getting you a coolmist modded to feed into that aquarium would be way better though, and will give you another thing to keep you busy working on while your impatiently waiting for you jars to grow. Having stuff to do, rather that disturbing your jars is good.

Don't quote me on this, but the medium sized 3 something dollar bag of brown rice should be enough for 12 jars. I bought mahatma brand before I upgraded to 40lb bags at the chines food store.. I know guys.. I'm a grainaphobie buying that much rice but, you'll be happy to hear ive moved on.

NEhow,

quick story:

When i was in boarding school I made my first attempt at growing shrooms that failed horribly. I did pf tek, but when i was making the mix, I felt how it was moist and not wet.. I was like OMG this isnt wet enought, mushroomslike water and rain! so i added tons of water to make it sloppy wet, like WATERY wet, and cooked it up. Its funny when i look back on it cause i was totally dumbfounded when nothing grew. It wasn't till years later I figured out my mistake on the internet when my interest in cultivation returned.

Moral of the story? FOLLOW THE FUCKING DIRECTIONS VERBATIM, KEEP YOUR IMPROVISATIONS TO A MINIMUM AND AT THE VERY LEAST UNDER WATCHFUL EYES OF THOSE WHO KNOW.

Thank god for the shroomery right?

Amen.

--------------------
I have 29 Strains as of current.. I LOVE TO TRADE. See my bio for the strains I currently have.

I seek: Strains I don't have, exotic species, Edibles, Vacutainers, A accurate scale, chicken manure, worm castings, worms for making my own worm castings, plastic lids for mason jars, light malt extract, Kelp Meal, A Ph Tester, A microscope.

Edited by prototypical_man (05/02/08 12:08 AM)

Offlinescyrusurcys

#8352868 - 05/02/08 08:08 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Tips, yes. I have one.

STERILE STERILE STERILE STERILE

You want your working area to be as clean as nun's drug test.

Offlinespearingflame03
~Gone with thewind~
Male User Gallery

Re: pf tek brown rice flour and verm [Re: scyrusurcys]
    #8353349 - 05/02/08 11:25 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

lololol Thanks alot you guys. Ill buy a couple more syringes. Maybe Ill hit costa rica or golden teachers. I already ordered B+.

I still have to buy 1/2 pint jars. Lol

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #8353379 - 05/02/08 11:31 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

spearingflame03 said:
OK im going to start my first grow soon. I have been doing major reading over the past couple of weeks and I also have been reading thee guides, for example pf tek for simple minds,.Is the information for the mixture true ?

There are several PF tek recipes.
First there is the "original" PF tek recipe, then there is the "maximum fruiting formula".
Then there is the "PF tek for simple minds" recipe which doesn't directly specify the amount of water, but tells you to put in as much water as the vermiculite will hold.
Since I wrote the PF tek for simple minds I will of course tell you to go this route, since it guarantees the correct moisture of the cakes, which for the newbie otherwise isn't the easiest thing to judge.

http://www.fungifun.org/English/Pftek

Offlinespearingflame03
~Gone with thewind~
Male User Gallery

Re: pf tek brown rice flour and verm [Re: Anno]
    #8353558 - 05/02/08 12:12 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

You so rock. Thanks I waasnt really sure on the mixtures.And out of nowhere you came and showed me the light ! lol

--------------------

Offlinespearingflame03
~Gone with thewind~
Male User Gallery

#8353966 - 05/02/08 02:07 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I just went out to lowes. I have the fine grade vermiculite. Is the mixture still the same. I know not to pack it..

6 JARS
VERM - 3 Cups
BRF - 1 1/2 Cups
H2O - 1 1/2 Cups

Is this still correct for 1/2 pint jars.With fne verm ? It would be helpful.Thanks !

--------------------

Offlinemephist00
MuSHRooMeR
 User Gallery

#8353978 - 05/02/08 02:10 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

yep, thats from pf tek - Simple Cubensis Growing Technique

you will have a little mix left over

--------------------
"feed your head!!"

Offlinephoreverphishin
Stranger

#8355366 - 05/02/08 08:08 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

are penis envys a good one for noobs if not what is because i already have those spores

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules