Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemedicine man
Stranger
 User Gallery
Is it possible to burn off green contamination
    #8331140 - 04/26/08 04:07 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Noticed small green spot on MGMC casing and was wondering if one could use a mini torch and burn it away?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Is it possible to burn off green contamination [Re: medicine man]
    #8331149 - 04/26/08 04:09 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

:lol: Where do you guys come up with this stuff?

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

InvisibleSterben
Female User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands
Re: Is it possible to burn off green contamination [Re: FooMan]
    #8331161 - 04/26/08 04:11 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Lol i dont think you can i asked a Q liek that a few days ago  and all my jars are contaminated.. anyways you should try it and tell me what happens cause yeah lol Goodluck and if nothing happens might as well get some Poo some hay and dig a hole and put the cake in there with the hay and poo and hope you have some musys come out of your front yard.:shitstorm:

--------------------
:alert: All posts by Sterben should be considered fictional and are for entertainment use only.
Anyone reading these posts should consider them all fictional.
:alert:

:awesketch: :awetongue: Trade List :tardpig: :datass:

Offlinemephist00
MuSHRooMeR
 User Gallery

Re: Is it possible to burn off green contamination [Re: Sterben]
    #8331166 - 04/26/08 04:13 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

yea you can burn it off lol..
the mycelium is dead either way :crazy2:

casing tho idk, any chance he can save it?

--------------------
"feed your head!!"

Edited by mephist00 (04/26/08 04:14 PM)

Invisiblecrazyoutlaw
~tHa gANgsTa,ThEKILla,& tHa doPedeaLeR~
Male

Re: Is it possible to burn off green contamination [Re: mephist00]
    #8331232 - 04/26/08 04:25 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Maybe cut the infected piece off..and gently mist with peroxide??IDK..:confused:

OfflineMyc0philiac
Resident Slacker
Male

Loc: Couple hundred yards down...
    #8331239 - 04/26/08 04:26 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Sure......tell us how it works out for you :wink:

--------------------
Uhhhh.....Im drawing a blank here

Offlinemedicine man
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Is it possible to burn off green contamination [Re: Sterben]
    #8331247 - 04/26/08 04:28 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I burned it off and all is gone now. I am hopeful that it won't spread.
FooMan no disrespect but I came up with the question because I'm trying to learn. Thats why I asked. Maybe if you look back at some of your earlier posts/questions you might wonder about some of those earlier posts. Again no disrespect but it didn't sound so far fetched. So far (too early to tell) the mini torch seems to have killed the contam and hopefully the spores.

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #8331270 - 04/26/08 04:35 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

medicine man said:
I burned it off and all is gone now. I am hopeful that it won't spread.
FooMan no disrespect but I came up with the question because I'm trying to learn. Thats why I asked. Maybe if you look back at some of your earlier posts/questions you might wonder about some of those earlier posts. Again no disrespect but it didn't sound so far fetched. So far (too early to tell) the mini torch seems to have killed the contam and hopefully the spores.

I meant no disrespect to you either. The idea just struck me as being funny. I pictured you with a torch and a face shield burning away at this contam and had to laugh.

My advice would be to toss the whole thing. By the time green mold turns green, it's already sporulating. Even the slightest breeze or touch can send these mold spores everywhere. This can not only affect your current grow, but future grows by contaminating your entire grow area.

I hope it works out for you though and that you didn't take my comment personally.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Offlinemedicine man
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Is it possible to burn off green contamination [Re: FooMan]
    #8331324 - 04/26/08 04:52 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

FooMamShroom, your probably right about the spores spreading. The green showed up yesterday and was on a small piece of wood or some debris about a 1/4 inch from the MGMC. I actually burned it last night but I misted the casing first thinking it might help reduce spreading the spores and so far so good I don't see anything bad yet. I have a good amount of mycelium but only got 2 pins which aborted a few days ago. Casing is new to me and I'm tying to quicken the learning curve. I will let you know in a couple days if all is still good with my inceration tek.
Thanks

Offlinemephist00
MuSHRooMeR
 User Gallery

#8331943 - 04/26/08 07:51 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

yea the reason FooMan said that is because spores die at 102*F and mycelium dies at.. what 104-118*F..? something like that im sure.

heat + mushrooms = death

--------------------
"feed your head!!"

OfflineBassman
Chemist
Male

#8332019 - 04/26/08 08:09 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

If its green, its fucked.

--------------------
I am a student of all sciences and know them well.

Offlinemedicine man
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Is it possible to burn off green contamination [Re: Bassman]
    #8332297 - 04/26/08 09:32 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I'll let you know how things turn out. The only thing I as a noob would suspect as a problem would be floating spores. That was why I misted first. Maybe that didn't help but at about 24hrs later(still early it doesn't grow like cob web) I have not seen any more green. I used a micro torch not a flame thrower to destroy all the mycelium. So the mycelium around the spot looks good so far. It may turn out OK or not. I'll let you guys know. Seemed easier than cutting it out and I enjoyed frying that stuff, but I may be all wrong and it will come back. The Shit sure smoked and popped while I flamed it. And for your knowledge if it's green it would be fucked in the FC but not totally FUCKED. You could still try and fruit outdoors. The green want hurt or kill you. What it will do is spread spores and fuck up up future grows in the same area, rooms etc. That is the reason to throw it out, cut it out or my experiment Burn it out. Look at a RR, Cevantes, Roadkill Tahoe (when he's not in the mood of busting someones stones) and many more people with extensive experience. They provide information as to why or why not or. Not just throw it out or "if it's green your Fucked" But if I did not explain myself well enough I am sorry. I did not use a propane tank to flame the tray in my FC. I use a Micro Torch in a small area. The Forest green spores may be having a hell of time while I'm typing this and laughing at me who knows. But I would think in one or two days max I'll know and if my torching is BS or if it worked.

Offlineprototypical_man
ass model

Loc: Doral Florida
    #8332815 - 04/26/08 11:53 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Imagine green mold spores spreading all over your home and effectively ending your ability to grow in that space indefinantly. Take green mold seriously, swallow your pride, and throw that shit away before you risk your future grows.

It's hard to tell your landlord you have to break your lease because you keep getting the green meanie.

--------------------
I have 29 Strains as of current.. I LOVE TO TRADE. See my bio for the strains I currently have.

I seek: Strains I don't have, exotic species, Edibles, Vacutainers, A accurate scale, chicken manure, worm castings, worms for making my own worm castings, plastic lids for mason jars, light malt extract, Kelp Meal, A Ph Tester, A microscope.

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: Is it possible to burn off green contamination [Re: prototypical_man]
    #8332828 - 04/27/08 12:05 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

You don't know until you try..

More then likely, green mold spores are already in your home..

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Offlinemedicine man
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Is it possible to burn off green contamination [Re: Brainiac]
    #8334673 - 04/27/08 04:28 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Two days and still not green. unfortunately I have no pins either but plenty of Mycelium and not over cased. My first attempt is proving getting shitting results except for the two aborts that I picked cause the seemed moldy. But I will update in a couple of days. I'm not sure how fast forest green would show back up but my torch is ready. If I don't get any pins soon I will case my RGS and hope for better results although most people spawn with RGS due to the fact that it will dry out quickly. The casing I using now is 2 BRF cakes with MGMC.

InvisiblePeterthinks
(Caulking) gun for hire

#8335975 - 04/27/08 10:01 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Hey, I woulda tried it to...

Burn baby BURN!!

:jester:

--------------------
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for the rest of the night.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
NEWB NEWBIE NEWCOMER IGNORANT? QUESTIONS?
Click HERE HERE HERE HERE For detailed instructions with pictures on how to grow mushrooms. There is a lot of info on the Shroomery and this is what you need to know.

Offlinemephist00
MuSHRooMeR
 User Gallery

Re: Is it possible to burn off green contamination [Re: Peterthinks]
    #8335994 - 04/27/08 10:04 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

you should get ready for another batch hehe, unfortunately you cant solve all your problems by burning them :>

--------------------
"feed your head!!"

Offlinemedicine man
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #8336050 - 04/27/08 10:34 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

So far so good, I'll post pictures tomorrow. I fucking loved burning that shit. Like I said I misted first and then torched it. Now I'm very new at this but with 20 BRF cakes and 15 petri dishes I've had 0 contams until the other day. (I'm super anal about being sterile). Since I am still trying to learn, maybe the green growth will come back in a few days because before I fried it maybe the spores had already spread. I don't know how long it will take those spores to germinate , but it's been 3 days now and it's fine. Again except for the fact that I'm trying to learn to case and have not gotten but 2 aborts and nothing in the last few days so I'm doing something wrong. I got a fork and stirred the casing up and now have some good mycelium but I know that means nothing. Cakes and Casing is like elementary school and grad school. I haven't graduated grad school, actually, I haven't applied that's why I search, read and ask.

Offlineiluan
Keep your stickon the ice.
Male User Gallery

Loc: lookin at crazy in the re...
    #8336115 - 04/27/08 11:04 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I've managed to carefully scoop out small spots of green with pretty good success usually though after u see the green and get it out you'll have to do it one more time but try to catch it when it's still white before the green spores show up. I've manage to get a couple more flushes outa my monos with the scoop, repeat method.

--------------------
Remember..if the women don't find ya handsome,they should atleast find ya handy!

I do what i can with what i don't have!

OfflineanarchOi
Ellenalien is fat.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ASE Flag
Re: Is it possible to burn off green contamination [Re: iluan]
    #8336343 - 04/28/08 12:34 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

scrap the MGMC

miracle grow is like trich food

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract