Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMr_Teonanacatl
Stranger
Male

Loc: Miami
My Amsterdam TRIP
    #8314344 - 04/22/08 12:52 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

So I made the trip to Amsterdam from April 14th to the 17th and it was amazing!  What I'll do is tell you a little bit about Amsterdam itself and then I'll go into details with my trip report and the latest on the pot/shroom laws there.

For my time there I stayed at the Flying Pig Hostel: Downtown and I would highly recommend it to anyone else deciding on what hostel to go to.  We stayed inside the hostel bar on two of the three nights because we simply found no reason to leave!  They have great drink specials and you can light right up in their bar.  They also have a beanbag type lounge area where you can smoke with other people.  They don't allow you to eat shrooms at the hostel however so be mindful of that.

In terms of places to go, you can always PM me if you want more info, but I'd recommend a few places.  You should surely visit the Van Gough Museum and the Anne Frank House.  If you have a chance definitely do the free walking tour as well.  I also went to the sex and pot museums mainly for the novelty but they are not really necessary.  Like I said I don't want to bore everyone hear so just send me a message if you want to hear more.

We visited a bunch of coffee shops and they still sell pot and pot brownies.  For the brownies expect to pay 5 euro a pop and if you are an experienced smoker you should be able to handle the whole brownie in one sitting. 

I must start by saying that I have had a bad past history with smoking pot.  What always seems to happen to me is I will get paranoid and start to lose control of my breathing and sort of panic-out.  I told this to the shop owner at the first coffee shop we went to and it turns out that when that happens it's usually because your sugar levels are low.  I never knew this but smoking pot actually lowers those sugar levels in your body and that's why most people get panicky.  I tested this out throughout my time there and it actually worked! 

I have never had so much fun and such an enjoyable time smoking pot as I did while I was at Amsterdam.  Everyone was so relaxed because there is no worry about getting arrested!  It's amazing how the environment can change a high so much.  And since it's all controlled in the open you always know exactly what type of pot you are buying and what you can expect in terms of a high. 

I love it and after my visit there I can honestly say that I believe Amsterdam should serve as a model for the rest of the world.  It's funny because only about 10% of the Dutch actually smoke.  So they basically make a ton of money off of tourists that want to take advantage of what the Dutch take for granted.  But by making it legal they allow the buyers to know what they are getting (exactly) and it saves the Dutch government a TON of money by not having to go after the harmless civilian that just happens to occasionally smoke pot.  They take the money they save by making pot illegal and they use it to go after the harder drugs (ie heroin) that are actually very destructive to their city.  Look up the numbers for what the US spends annually on fighting marijuana and you will see how big of a waste it is. 

I also made sure to visit a smart shop for a shroom trip.  Contrary to what is being published in the media, the smart shops are still open and are still thriving.  Every single one I went to had no restrictions at all.  After speaking with the locals the consensus seems to be that eventually they will make a law that prevents tourists from trying mushrooms within the first day or two of their stay.  They seem to think that by doing this they will prevent people from going crazy all on their first night.  Funny because that's exactly what I did.. I tripped on my first evening there.

I bought my shrooms (35g wet of Cubies) from Conscious Dreams.  It's in the Red Light District and if anyone visits Amsterdam I would recommend going there because the staff was very friendly and knowledgeable.  They also let you trip in their store with a pretty comfortable environment. 

It had been over a year since my last trip and I have recently had issues with anxiety, so I was a bit hesitant and even concerned about how my trip would go.  I've learned quite a bit lately about what has been causing my anxiety and I thought that I would be ready to trip again.  I was right.  I showed respect to the mushrooms taking the first half of the 35 and seeing how it went.  I had a slight bit of panic (less than a minute) during the come on but afterwards was completely in control and decided to bring on the visuals and take the other half.

I stayed in my hostel bar the entire trip and it was great.  It wasn't so much a visual trip.. during the most intense part of the trip I was at the bar and the counter was wavy etc.  It was more of a body/ecstasy high that just made me really lively and outgoing.  I was drinking as I always do when I trip and I was quite sad when I knew I was coming down.  In an attempt to bring the trip back I smoked some pot towards the end and also experienced no anxiety at all. 

This trip (my sixth one total) was particularly special for me because I feel like it represented my moving on from my past issues of anxiety.  I have been seeing a therapist for a while now and I'm starting to understand what is bringing on these emotions.  This trip (both with the shrooms and pot) was a test to see if I could handle the unconscious feelings and emotions that inevitably seep through when using these drugs.  I still don't see myself becoming a regular smoker by any means and I've never taken mushrooms more than twice in a six month time span.

Basically, Amsterdam was a great time and a place I'll never forget.  :thumbup:

--------------------
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineicanttype
Lurker
Male

Re: My Amsterdam TRIP [Re: Mr_Teonanacatl]
    #8330714 - 04/26/08 02:10 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

sounds awesome! good to know that all the shops are still thriving and you can still buy goodies

--------------------
GGTBod - "Sounds great, get trippin get naked and get animalistic make her laugh and piss all over you, i see no problems here :blush:"

OfflineMr_Teonanacatl
Stranger
Male

Loc: Miami
Re: My Amsterdam TRIP [Re: icanttype]
    #8373277 - 05/07/08 02:04 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Bump: Reason? Someone emailed me asking for details about my trip and I accidentally deleted it so if you see this feel free to send another msg.

--------------------
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates