Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBen Marco
Stranger
I am afraid to have an experience
    #8305736 - 04/19/08 07:42 PM (16 years, 14 hours ago)

(this is based off my understanding, im ignorant and learning)

Ok, note, I will try to make this short and to the point.

For many years, never felt right in the heart. I was raised "muslim" I never liked dividing people. Anyways I had a journey of researching life of the years. The biggest step was learning about the New World Order and the Illuminati.

Second step was learning about Lucid dreams, and out of body experiences.

Ok lots of the stuff, but now the MAJOR PART. Ever heard of Bill Hicks? I just got familiar with the stand-up comedy guy from the past. Anyways he had 2 quotes which gave me an experience where I flipped out on mirrors not wanting to see myself. And some other stuff happened.

NOW here is the punch. Bill Hicks mentioned he had some trips which were so beautiful and explain some part of life. I had a friend who said he went to another dimension and his understanding was that we are supposed to be here in this dimension buy thru shrooms and other stuff you can see A TON of other stuff, which is the TRUE life, after you die.

So with that said I have had my experiences. And I have a whole different view on life. The thing is that....I want to see this other stuff. The only problem is that I am afraid....I smoke green daily but wow some stuff people tell me on thier shroom stuff, its kinda scary but I feel I NEED TO see this stuff.

How on earth can I explain to you guys this feeling I have....I want to see but kinda afraid...

The question is there any shroom that I can use that wont totally trip me out? I am new here . Sorry for ignorance.

Here are the quote of Bill which woke me up:

How about a positive LSD story, that would be newsworthy. Dont you think? Anybody think that? Just once, to hear a positive LSD story. "Today, a young man on acid, realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves... heres Tom with the weather."

"The world is like a ride in an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think its real because thats how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and its very brightly coloured and its very loud and its fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question, is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey - dont worry, dont be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride..." And we... kill those people. "We have a lot invested in this ride. Shut him up. Look at my furrows of worry. Look at my big bank account and my family. This just has to be real." Just a ride. But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok. But it doesnt matter because: Its just a ride. And we can change it anytime we want. Its only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money. A choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love, instead, see all of us as one. Heres what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money that we spend on weapons and defences each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace. Thank you very much, youve been great." Bill Hicks (December 16, 1961 -- February 26, 1994)"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline12468
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: I am afraid to have an experience [Re: Ben Marco]
    #8305817 - 04/19/08 07:59 PM (16 years, 14 hours ago)

You are in the right place my brother. Go ahead and feel that fear and apprehension, it's normal and healthy. You're preparing yourself for the experience the right way.

You can always start off small, with 1.75 grams. Nothing will get out of hand that way. Nevermind what your friends have told you or what you have read, what you find there is entirely yours altogether.

I have eaten mushrooms thirty or forty times and I still go through those feelings beforehand (I am right now, I plan on eating tonight). It's only ego assertion, let it play itself out.

Often times what it comes down to is just jumping in with both feet. Remind yourself at all times that everything is just fine, because it is, on every level.

You'll learn! And it's going to be GREAT!

Invisibletoastdth
strangest
    #8305824 - 04/19/08 08:00 PM (16 years, 14 hours ago)

I would focus more on giving up to the experience rather than taking a dose or a hallucinogen that won't trip you out too much.

My experience is that you can be a little nervous, a little anxious. But when that moment comes and you feel something start to slip away, you need to be able to give up. Sit back and just realize some things are going to happen, and that a bit of reality is going to slip away and stay gone for the next few hours, and that you will be okay.

That's really the turning point; I think everyone who goes into this for something deeper than "a trip" has nervousness the first time around simply as a function of the enormity of what they're about to do.

Don't be afraid. It won't hurt you unless you reject it.

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: Andromeda Galaxy
    #8305825 - 04/19/08 08:00 PM (16 years, 14 hours ago)

for not totally tripping out, you use a small dose, if u get cubensis (the most common shroom) take about 1-1.5 grams and that dose will facilitate meditation and introspection nicely

--------------------
And they wandered off.. nine ways till bedfast.
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

Offline420inchrims
Ate Up
Male

Re: I am afraid to have an experience [Re: 12468]
    #8305832 - 04/19/08 08:02 PM (16 years, 14 hours ago)

your doing them for the right reason, alot of people do them for the wrong reason "to get fucked up". curiosity and personal enlightenment are great reasons. trip on my brother!

Offlineboxcarguy07
Uno
Male User Gallery

Loc: SC
    #8305838 - 04/19/08 08:06 PM (16 years, 14 hours ago)

Yes, friend, it seems like you are on the path to a healthy relationship with psychedelics.

And I, too, really really enjoy that bit by Bill Hicks

--------------------
:musicnote:Music doesn't stop at the ears when it begins at the heart.:musicnote:

:psychsplit:"Sit in reverie and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind."
            -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow:psychsplit:

OfflineRam Dass
Challenger
Male

Loc: 2000 Feet Under the Sea
Re: I am afraid to have an experience [Re: boxcarguy07]
    #8305966 - 04/19/08 08:47 PM (16 years, 13 hours ago)

I am glad that you think of shrooms as a learning tool. If you are worried or afraid of taking shrooms, that could turn bad, shrooms will multiply a bad feeling by 1000. Try meditating before the trip that always helps. I also recommend being outside in nature, my best trips are at State Parks. Do not feel that you have to take a large dose to feel understanding. I have been perfectly happy with only 1.25 grams and control.
Every thing is in Set and Setting. Be happy in a place that you are comfortable in.
Good luck, hope everything turns out great!

OfflineNothingIsReal
Stranger

Re: I am afraid to have an experience [Re: Ram Dass]
    #8306323 - 04/19/08 10:18 PM (16 years, 12 hours ago)

My first couple trips i was very rejecting of the feeling. It was still a new thing and it was still kinda just overall creepy. Its really hard for a brain so use to normal reality to be able to let go of it and accept the place you go. But now, especially on my trip tonight, i was so accepting of it. The more familiar it becomes, the more amazing it is.

Tripping use to scare me and was so weird, now i've learned to accept it i seriously love it.

Dont worry about trips. Trust me i've had a really bad acid trip and its really not what u think. Anyway being worried about one is gonna cause you to be more likely to have one

Just relax and let the drug take you where it wants you to go. Accept it for what it is and it will not lead you in the wrong direction

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#8306409 - 04/19/08 10:35 PM (16 years, 11 hours ago)

You've got a real hunger for spiritual discovery, and that's great because it gets you thinking, but don't let that hunger turn into a craving and an encumbrance.  That craving turns to suffering--and you get the illusion that Hicks' enlightenment, these experiences, are somehow separate from you.  Tripping, enlightenment, discovery--its just a game we play with ourselves.  You don't need mushrooms, bill hicks, or any of that stuff.  You don't need anything  outside of yourself because you are already complete.  :slomo:

--------------------

OfflineTheHauntingSoul
Not really that cool
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
Re: I am afraid to have an experience [Re: Noviseer]
    #8307017 - 04/20/08 02:04 AM (16 years, 8 hours ago)

i agree with everybody else here, you totally sound like you are ready but you definately should go into it as enthusiastically and positive minded as possible because bad thoughts can snowball and take you to some really bad places.

That aside, bad trips really arent THAT bad, i mean they are fucking horrible during but once you come down you will probably be glad you had the experience either way. once its over its over and its not going to kill you or cripple you, so you have nothing to be afraid of.

Invisiblefarmer88
Male User Gallery

#8307083 - 04/20/08 03:06 AM (16 years, 7 hours ago)

Enjoy the ride man.

OfflineJohn Smith
Solo Voyager

Re: I am afraid to have an experience [Re: farmer88]
    #8307341 - 04/20/08 08:33 AM (16 years, 1 hour ago)

the purpose of an experience its to transcend your fear. if you go in with fear in your mind, you will probably have to face it. and thats a good thing.

--------------------
I have no idea what I am talking about but I do know I say things you don't understand and if you do understand what I am saying then you are wrong.

OfflineNunbuh_Chrubble
I'm just a kittycat
Male User Gallery

Re: I am afraid to have an experience [Re: John Smith]
    #8308727 - 04/20/08 08:04 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

There is no such thing as a bad trip. There are only negative experiences that we couldn't transform into positive experiences. That's one of the greatest lessons I've learned.

But yeah, you sound totally ready. Just take it easy with a small dose at first. You're first trip you'll probably be thinking "man I totally wanna explore my mind and my thoughts" but then just get caught up in all the sensations and visuals. LOL! Happens to everyone. You have to get what I call your "tripping legs" (ya know, like your "sea legs" but for tripping).

If you really want to trip, I'd browse through erowid.org and check out all of the trip reports for psilocybin mushrooms. They have a huge archive of people's experiences that you can read to get a good understanding of what to expect. But honestly don't expect anything, because it won't be like anything you expect.

Psilocybin mushrooms are the ones that you want to eat. They are wonderful gifts from God/nature! They come in many varieties, but the Psilocybe Cubensis species will probably be what you will want to look for.

The kingdom of heaven is right here, all the time, hidden under the surface of "reality" obscured by our ignorance and egos. God bless and good luck!

P.S. I'm totally with you on the NWO and all that. PM me if you wanna talk about it.

--------------------

"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#8309314 - 04/20/08 11:41 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Being nervous about an unfamilar experience that others describe as transformative is only natural! Just trust yourself and take the plunge. Split an 1/8th with a good friend in a comfortable place and you'll be just fine! :wink:

Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

Loc: ohio
Re: I am afraid to have an experience [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #8309331 - 04/20/08 11:47 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

If you can get em go for it, you will probably never be able to work the nerves out before your first time, just take it as it happens start with lower doses and work from there. Do it in ideal settings with responsible people as trip partners or "sitters'" ... Good luck :wink:

--------------------
Jesus loves you.

Offlineryon40
Stranger

#8309335 - 04/20/08 11:49 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

If your afraid to do something, then dont do it. If your going to go into it in a poor mood, scared, whatever have you...yout trip wont be too fun. If your happy and in a comfortable environment...trip away!!:cool:

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: I am afraid to have an experience [Re: ryon40]
    #8309374 - 04/21/08 12:01 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

It's impossible to be completely free of mild nervousness before experiencing something you have heard is profound and possibly intimidating, and worrying to much about whether or not you are in the perfect mood is likely to be negative in itself. So just trust yourself and go for it. If you believe you can handle yourself you'll be able to handle yourself. That's how it works. :wink:

OfflineTheHauntingSoul
Not really that cool
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
Re: I am afraid to have an experience [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #8309418 - 04/21/08 12:13 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

i wonder if he's going to come back and read any of this...

OfflineBen Marco
Stranger
Re: I am afraid to have an experience [Re: TheHauntingSoul]
    #8309857 - 04/21/08 07:55 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I Read all the replies guys! Thanks and I am going to train myself for the next week or so and prepare my mind to be more free and calm before I try the shrooms. Thanks guys! I will report back later.

OfflineDimensionX
King of Birds
Male

Loc: Australia Flag
    #8309863 - 04/21/08 08:08 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I think you will have a great time.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale