Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenonlinear
armour plated farmer
Male
sudden green contamination during fruiting
    #8305243 - 04/19/08 05:28 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I am growing for my first time and following the techniques outlined in the MMGG. I had a couple of cakes that colonized early and these have been in 2-liter poor-mans type terrariums for the last week or so. Last evening I had several more jars ready for fruiting so I decided to put the new jars into my larger terrarium with perlite that I am currently spraying but will be humifying with a ultrasonic humidifier as described in MMGG.

I decided to move my earlier cakes from the poor-mans terrariums into the larger chamber. This morning, however, I noticed that one of the earlier cakes transplanted from the poor-mans terrarium has some blue-green contamination (?) on the surface (possibly where I touched it). This cake had been doing very well for the last week, and this crap appears to have appeared in a couple of hours. Its a bit strange, it looks like the mycelium itself is stained blue/green, not that there is seperate mold growing on it. could this be bruising, or contam? It's strange because I haven't observed this on any other cakes, however this cake was the first cvolonized and has been in the terrarium for about a week. It is getting nice flufffy mycelial growth however no pins yet.

I attached a poor quality pic from my cell phone. sorry for the quality, I can take better pictures with my real camera if necessary.

Thanks for any advice!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsuper
Psilocybin

Loc: PNW
Re: sudden green contamination during fruiting [Re: nonlinear]
    #8305252 - 04/19/08 05:31 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

~I don't see any pic...try brushing the "mold" off with a q-tip. If it doesn't brush off it should just be bruising. ~Pixie~

--------------------
Clinical Management of High Dose Psilocybin Sessions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbHOTIqjZLk

Offline3500lt
Stranger
    #8305266 - 04/19/08 05:35 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

sounds like bruising. im not quite sure, but if it was a contam, and wasnt already there, i think it would take more than just a couple hours to show up. in my grain jars i have seen contams show up in 12 hours. that was when i wasn pcing long enough. dont hound me for looking at my jars 12 hours after checkin them..lol

Offlinenonlinear
armour plated farmer
Male
Re: sudden green contamination during fruiting [Re: 3500lt]
    #8305329 - 04/19/08 05:56 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

hey, thanks for the help! sorry about the pic, that was my first post! I attached it below.

i'm not at home at the moment, but I don't think

--------------------

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
    #8305338 - 04/19/08 06:01 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

looks ike bruising from your handling it during birthing.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlinenonlinear
armour plated farmer
Male
Re: sudden green contamination during fruiting [Re: canid]
    #8305364 - 04/19/08 06:08 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

would that appear a week after birthing? You are right, this was my first ever colonized jar and I birthed it as soon as it was 100% colonized on the surface. (i waited about 4 or 5 days after 100% colonization for most of my jars). anyhow, the cake was still moist and large when it was birthed, and I had to 'shimmy' and pull it out of the jar cauase it was so tight

--------------------

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
    #8305480 - 04/19/08 06:35 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

it's not likely to take more than a few days, and will generally happen within the day, but it is possible. it is also possible, but not likely for spot bruising, that it was caused by environmental factors other than your handling.

it does look in the image, to follow around the upper rim of the cake, which is definately a region that would be compressed/depressed while freeing it from a jar.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag