Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline2FiNiTe
ConsideratlyKilling Me
Male User Gallery

Loc: New England
Hunting Panaeolus subbalteatus in New England
    #8304849 - 04/19/08 03:24 PM (16 years, 21 hours ago)

Hows it going everyone? Well I just got moved in and settled finally. I just moved from Florida to Maryland, so the species and techniques are very different than what I'm used to. I've read that Subs are quite common up here, but I've never hunted them before. I've read a bunch of articles on hunting them but I want to hear it from the horses mouth.

So a few questions.

What time of the year is ideal for me to hunt?

What kind of enviroments are best for hunting?

(From their growth parameters I'm guessing cow pastures and freshly manured lawns, correct me if I'm wrong or feel free to add.)

How many should I expect to find in a normal sized group?

If you know, can you point out any areas that are particularly active?

--------------------
"Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war that we know about peace, more about killing that we know about living."

General Omar N. Bradley

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Hunting Panaeolus subbalteatus in New England [Re: 2FiNiTe]
    #8305251 - 04/19/08 05:31 PM (16 years, 19 hours ago)

i am not certain of the extent of the season for Pan. subbalteatus in your area, but i'm sure that late spring through early summer at least may be productive.

they are occasionaly common in new lawns, infrequent but still sometimes persistent in somewhat older lawns and infrequent in pasture land.

they are also often found in stacks of weathered straw/hay bales, in weathered deposits of stable waste or landscaping manure, etc.

when found, their numbers will depend on the character and quantity of the substrate which maintains them, along with the age of the colony and other factors. where you find one you can safely expect to find another, and often great numbers, but they are at times single or scattered and few.

i don't know quite what you mean with your last question but if you are looking for specific areas, such questions are prohibited on these boards. in general, new lawns and any horse stable dump[] you can find are great starting places.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlinecoolboarderguy
Hunter and Gatherer
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Hunting Panaeolus subbalteatus in New England [Re: canid]
    #8305750 - 04/19/08 07:44 PM (16 years, 16 hours ago)

Offline2FiNiTe
ConsideratlyKilling Me
Male User Gallery

Loc: New England
Re: Hunting Panaeolus subbalteatus in New England [Re: canid]
    #8305980 - 04/19/08 08:51 PM (16 years, 15 hours ago)

Quote:

canid said:
i don't know quite what you mean with your last question but if you are looking for specific areas, such questions are prohibited on these boards.

Sorry if I mixed you up, I was just asking in terms of Northern Maryland, Southern Maryland and so on. . .

Thanks for the info everyone.

--------------------
"Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war that we know about peace, more about killing that we know about living."

General Omar N. Bradley

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Hunting Panaeolus subbalteatus in New England [Re: 2FiNiTe]
    #8306055 - 04/19/08 09:08 PM (16 years, 15 hours ago)

wherever it's been raining. they grow pretty much everywhere in the country that isn't arid. they are very widespread.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Invisiblestevo

Re: Hunting Panaeolus subbalteatus in New England *DELETED* [Re: 2FiNiTe]
    #8308105 - 04/20/08 03:24 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by stevo

Reason for deletion: .

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Hunting Panaeolus subbalteatus in New England [Re: stevo]
    #8308747 - 04/20/08 08:09 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, your sort of out of the New England zone, but if you're having some rain it should be prime season for subbs, the spring, when temps are in the 50's at night and 70's during the day, is the best time pretty much anywhere in the Northeast for subbs.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom