Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleBandersnatch
Frumious

Fucking ignorant shits.
    #8299908 - 04/18/08 07:02 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

(edit)This is a conversation from last night when I linked a person I knew to the page about the recent bill for decriminalizing marijuana.

I was really frustrated when I posted this but I think I stayed fairly levelheaded overall considering.

Man, fuck people. They need to get inform themselves.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote:

Bandersnatch: would be the same for marijuana
Bandersnatch: it's a blanket intoxication law.
Bandersnatch: Your tax dollars are going to keep nonviolent marijuana offenders in prison. Not like our prisons are already overcrowded.
Ignorant Shit: what I am saying is that your drunk driving issue isn't a concern. yes, dumb people do it, but it is already illegal. If somebody smokes pot, the smoke will drift outside their home and bother neighbors.
Ignorant Shit: I know because my neighbors all smoke pot
Bandersnatch: People smoke cigarettes too. That smoke drifts just as easily.
Bandersnatch: And has more negative and permanent effects on the body.
Ignorant Shit: I wouldn't be sad to see cigarettes illegalized either ~_~
Bandersnatch: You're an ignorant fool if you believe that the government should have the right to dictate and legislate what an individual can and cannot put in their body.
Ignorant Shit: I don't care what a person does to themselves until it has the potential to effect how I do things.
Bandersnatch: And you brought up the point: all your neighbors are using it anyway. Obviously keeping it a criminal act is not working.
Ignorant Shit: if it is a problem for the general public because it makes surrounding people uncomfortable in daily situations, I think it is a problem
Bandersnatch: Just like alcohol prohibition did not work.
Ignorant Shit: just because it is uninforced doesn't mean it should be taken out as a law
Bandersnatch: I can't believe that you don't value your personal freedoms enough to protect them.
Ignorant Shit: it should be inforced, that's all
Bandersnatch: *enforced.
Ignorant Shit: depends on the personal freedom
Bandersnatch: And who is to decide that for you?
Ignorant Shit: me
Bandersnatch: But you're deciding for everybody then.
Bandersnatch: You only value your own personal freedom.
Bandersnatch: That's the kind of ignorant sheep mentality that leads to dictatorships, cults and terrorism.
Bandersnatch: I had more faith in you than that but I guess it was misplaced.
Ignorant Shit: how is individualistic opinion sheep mentality again?
Bandersnatch: It's not
Bandersnatch: But you want to dictate what other people can and cannot use
Bandersnatch: How would you like it if say, I wanted to make cars illegal?
Bandersnatch: They're noisy and pollute the air. They negatively impact my health.
Ignorant Shit: I would say it wouldn't work unless you made an effective alternative to cars
Bandersnatch: Bicycles.
Ignorant Shit: that's not effective when people need to commute 60+ miles to work
Bandersnatch: Regardless of the feasibility of the argument, however is the implications
Ignorant Shit: would definatelly help with the overweight problems though
Bandersnatch: Well then they need to get a different job locally. Why should their convenience negatively impact my health and comfort?
Ignorant Shit: that is something that would effect everybody as a whole including myself, so I would be against it obviously
Bandersnatch: Yes, and then you start dictating what people eat and when, to keep them healthy and when and where they can work.
Ignorant Shit: there are already problems in finding local jobs
Bandersnatch: There wouldn't be if people had to work locally instead of commuting and taking jobs from people in their home area.
Ignorant Shit: umm... people living out in lancaster don't really have many local jobs...
Bandersnatch: The point is moot, since I am not going to convince you.
Bandersnatch: Well then then it would have to change
Bandersnatch: Like I said, regardless of feasibility, it's the basis of the argument that is what matters.
Bandersnatch: You wouldn't like it. It would impact you negatively because you could not use your car to commute to work.
Bandersnatch: It would be impinging on YOUR personal freedom
Bandersnatch: My freedom at the expense of yours.
Bandersnatch: Essentially.
Ignorant Shit: and I want the freedom to NOT smell pot smoke when I walk out of my apartment door
Bandersnatch: The very idea violates the right to Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness]
Ignorant Shit: do you want to take that freedom away from me?
Bandersnatch: Sure, I have a solution. Move.
Bandersnatch: You have that freedom
Ignorant Shit: so, I have to inconvenience myself because you want to smoke pot?
Bandersnatch: You CHOSE to live there.
Bandersnatch: I have never smoked in a place that would inconvenience others.
Bandersnatch: Nor would I even if it were decriminalized.
Bandersnatch: Just like I don't go out and drink and make an ass out of myself in public.
Ignorant Shit: what I am saying is that one side will be inconvenienced either way, and that side will be stricken of their freedom whether it is to not be around it, or to be able to do it.
Ignorant Shit: so, your decriminalizing of pot will take the freedom of the non-potheads to get away from it
Bandersnatch: Well the simple answer is don't LEGISLATE what people can and cannot do.
Bandersnatch: *shrug* Like I said, we're not going to convince each other. I just think there are a lot of pointless laws that create nonviolent criminals and at the same time pave the way for a dangerous criminal underground.
Bandersnatch: The war on drugs is a losing one.
Bandersnatch: It's a great idea to keep it up, right? Since prohibition worked so well?
Ignorant Shit: there are new laws that I find stupid and pointless. The drug laws at least have some issues that they resolve
Bandersnatch: They create more issues than they resolve.
Ignorant Shit: they wouldn't if only people would stop breaking them
Bandersnatch: Yeah that's true but completely unrealistic.
Bandersnatch: It's not going to happen.
Ignorant Shit: if the police actually enforced the laws put into place, I believe it would be better
Bandersnatch: Even in Thailand where the criminal penalties are death, drug use and abuse is rampant and well priced from what I understand.
Ignorant Shit: an example of a stupid/pointless law is the digital only-tv law
Ignorant Shit: being put into effect next year
Bandersnatch: In Holland, crime and drug use has DROPPED since they legalized and decriminalized various drugs.
Bandersnatch: But that law does not take my freedoms. It is less stupid in my opinion.
Bandersnatch: I don't watch television anyway.
Ignorant Shit: it does take away your freedom. your freedom to broadcast analog signals
Ignorant Shit: you dont use it, but it is there
Ignorant Shit: and what you just said is exactly why I don't want this pot law decriminalized
Ignorant Shit: it is the exact point you were using against me
Bandersnatch: Oh, that crime and drug use dropped?
Ignorant Shit: I'm sure drug use won't drop if they remove the laws abolishing it's use ~_~
Bandersnatch: I'm going to bed. Thank you for your scintillating and obviously uninformed opinion, sir.
Ignorant Shit: sigh* grow up please.
Bandersnatch: *roll eyes* Right. I'm the one who needs to grow up. Go do some research and talk to me when you can argue your point intelligently and with sources to back up your facts.
Bandersnatch: Goodnight.

:kingcrankey:

Edited by Bandersnatch (04/18/08 01:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJohn Smith
Solo Voyager

Re: Fucking ignorant shits. [Re: Bandersnatch]
    #8299931 - 04/18/08 07:20 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

"The freedom not to smell pot when I leave my appartement."

:rofl2::crankey:

Cooking should be illegal too. Where's my freedom when I smell the neighbors cooking for the 4secs I spend in the hallway eh? Nobody thinks about me!

--------------------
I have no idea what I am talking about but I do know I say things you don't understand and if you do understand what I am saying then you are wrong.

OfflineYoschie99
nomad
Male

Loc: center of earth
Re: Fucking ignorant shits. [Re: John Smith]
    #8299939 - 04/18/08 07:27 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

i wish that was one of the only smells i smelled when i walked out of my apartment!

Invisiblecreekfreek
Certified phunologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right about here
Re: Fucking ignorant shits. [Re: Yoschie99]
    #8299961 - 04/18/08 07:42 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Shit man, I live downwind of a shit treatment plant and we smell that and it is nasty.
I dont see that being outlawed because a whole town can smell it.

This guy(Ignorant Shit) needs a real dose of reality.
Not only does it infringe on our rights to smoke weed but it also infringes on many many peoples rights to have medicines that actually help them without a multitude of nasty side effects.

When will the rest of the world wake up and smell the reefer?

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
    #8299978 - 04/18/08 07:58 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

You should have asked him if his neighbors should have to smell his gay sex.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Fucking ignorant shits. [Re: creekfreek]
    #8299986 - 04/18/08 08:02 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

"sigh* grow up please"

I so sick hearing shit like that. As if your somehow being a child because they cant back up there belief. "you wont accept my skewed logic so you are a child"
Fuckers!

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8300001 - 04/18/08 08:11 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

That guy really needs a new screen name....

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.

Offlinerexmundi
Stranger

Re: Fucking ignorant shits. [Re: blewmeanie]
    #8300013 - 04/18/08 08:19 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I appreciate what you're trying to do, but I can't even be bothered with discussions like that. You're not going to change his mind, you spent all this time arguing with what might as well have been a brick wall. I'm not trying to offend you or anything, but it sounded like you were browbeating and picking the fight. Why get so zealous over nothing? I understand that you need to "fight the good fight" but did you think it would go any different? I mean, it's not like you get to "beat" people like these at debate and you don't really prove anything.

That said, I've gotten into conversations just like this before. Sometimes the frustration makes it an imperative. I understand what it's like. What I wouldn't give to have this debate where it could actually affect policy.

--------------------
"I Love Democracy"
-Emporer Palpatine

Fuck the system.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
Re: Fucking ignorant shits. [Re: rexmundi]
    #8300049 - 04/18/08 08:41 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics, everybody wins!

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Fucking ignorant shits. [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #8300051 - 04/18/08 08:43 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

...but you're still retarded.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Fucking ignorant shits. [Re: circularvortex]
    #8300057 - 04/18/08 08:45 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

:rimshot:

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Fucking ignorant shits. [Re: blewmeanie]
    #8300061 - 04/18/08 08:47 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Thank you, I'm here all the time.

Try the veal.

--------------------

OfflineApJunkie
part-time Ninja
Male

Loc: Loc:Loc:Loc:Loc:Loc:
    #8300078 - 04/18/08 08:52 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, but they have free cookies and punch.

Offlineboxcarguy07
Uno
Male User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: Fucking ignorant shits. [Re: ApJunkie]
    #8300113 - 04/18/08 09:06 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Mmmmmmmmm...... cookies

--------------------
:musicnote:Music doesn't stop at the ears when it begins at the heart.:musicnote:

:psychsplit:"Sit in reverie and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind."
            -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow:psychsplit:

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #8300233 - 04/18/08 09:43 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

People are like water. Water always takes the easiest route.

It is easier to let others do the thinking for you.

--------------------

Invisiblecreekfreek
Certified phunologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right about here
Re: Fucking ignorant shits. [Re: Ego Death]
    #8300267 - 04/18/08 09:51 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Ego Death said:
People are like water. Water always takes the easiest route.

It is easier to let others do the thinking for you.

Agreed. Now with that in mind, look at the people we appointed to do the thinking for us. The govenment who has made these laws that prohibit what we the people want to put into our bodies.

I see that has gotten us pretty far huh.

Offline420inchrims
Ate Up
Male

#8300353 - 04/18/08 10:12 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

circularvortex said:
That guy really needs a new screen name....

QFT

InvisibleBandersnatch
Frumious

Re: Fucking ignorant shits. [Re: 420inchrims]
    #8300956 - 04/18/08 01:10 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Obviously it's not his REAL screenname. I'd be an ass to post that here.

Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8300986 - 04/18/08 01:19 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I know that.  I was just being a smart ass :awesome:

--------------------

InvisibleBandersnatch
Frumious

Re: Fucking ignorant shits. [Re: rexmundi]
    #8300988 - 04/18/08 01:19 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

rexmundi said:
I appreciate what you're trying to do, but I can't even be bothered with discussions like that.  You're not going to change his mind, you spent all this time arguing with what might as well have been a brick wall.  I'm not trying to offend you or anything, but it sounded like you were browbeating and picking the fight.  Why get so zealous over nothing?  I understand that you need to "fight the good fight" but did you think it would go any different?  I mean, it's not like you get to "beat" people like these at debate and you don't really prove anything. 

I didn't expect to "win" really, I just was trying to explain my point and show the logic backing it.

The thing is when there is enough pressure from the right places, any dam is going to break. If you feel like it's already a lost cause, you're the one who's going to be walked all over.

I also think it's an important issue to be zealous about because it's not about a plant really, it's about freedoms and the ability of other people to remove those freedoms (and ultimately your freedom in society... not going to jail) from you.

:ohwell:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order