Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRickFL239
explorer

harmala/shrooms - any advice? tyramine?
    #8296432 - 04/17/08 02:24 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I have tripped a few times now on mushrooms, and have had awesome, intense, and meaningful experiences every time, and never had anything come close to a "bad trip" yet. Right now I'm waiting a few days since I tripped yesterday, and my harmaline 5x liquid extract came in the mail today. I've got about 5 grams of cubensis ready for my journey, and the site I ordered from said each dropperful has roughly 75mg harmala alkaloids per dropper. https://www.iamshaman.com/eshop/10Expand.asp?ProductUID=2506&ProductCode=HMT-1OZ is the link to the product I ordered. I'm assuming this is an adequate dose(5grams dry cubensis/one dropperful of the harmaline,) to send myself flying to the moon and farther. My greatest concern is how many days before consumption must I abstain from tyramine containing foods? And what is this i hear of a lemon juice method? I intend for this trip to be an extremely powerful one, and am interested in everything I can do to potentiate.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineXeluc
Traveler
Male

Re: harmala/shrooms - any advice? tyramine? [Re: RickFL239]
    #8296523 - 04/17/08 02:46 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I'd say stay away form bad foods 12 hours before you dose to be safe, and 12 hours afterward to I'd think.
With that being said, let me warn you that Rue teat with 1.2 grams of shrooms resulted in a light trip with INCAPACITATING nausea. It was my girlfriends first trip with me and she felt terrible, but managed to enjoy herself (somehow). I was disappointed, the Harmala definitely made the shrooms stronger, and were even fun by themselves, but the nausea was ridiculous.
Maybe you have nothing to worry about, but I will never make rue tea again. The extract is a really cool fluorescent color though. look at it in the light, it's bright yellow green.

Offlinesandman_130
Neo-Classical Spiritualist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: harmala/shrooms - any advice? tyramine? [Re: Xeluc]
    #8297557 - 04/17/08 06:43 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/harmala/harmala.shtml

read away. I would read some trip reports also.

start low, or jump in.

shall be fun either way.

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand.":mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

:sunny::mushroom2:Maria Sabina:mushroom2::sunny:

Edited by sandman_130 (04/17/08 06:44 PM)

Offline420inchrims
Ate Up
Male

Re: harmala/shrooms - any advice? tyramine? [Re: sandman_130]
    #8298154 - 04/17/08 08:40 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I know your supposed to take the rue about one hour before you do oral DMT, is it the same with mushies?

Edit: happy trippin bro!

Edited by 420inchrims (04/17/08 08:41 PM)

Offlinesandman_130
Male User Gallery

Re: harmala/shrooms - any advice? tyramine? [Re: 420inchrims]
    #8298485 - 04/17/08 09:42 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

well thats what they say, I did the first time I tried it.

Since then I've been brewing the rue in one pot and mixing it in with mushroom/lemon tea. I find it works just as good, everytime.

Waiting an hour to dose the mushrooms seems unnecessary.

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand.":mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

Offline420inchrims
Ate Up
Male

Re: harmala/shrooms - any advice? tyramine? [Re: sandman_130]
    #8298616 - 04/17/08 10:08 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

sandman_130 said:
well thats what they say, I did the first time I tried it.

Since then I've been brewing the rue in one pot and mixing it in with mushroom/lemon tea. I find it works just as good, everytime.

Waiting an hour to dose the mushrooms seems unnecessary.

ya i only heard the one hour waiting thing for dmt (when making ayahuasca), not shrooms. thanks for the adivce.

OfflineNunbuh_Chrubble
I'm just a kittycat
Male User Gallery

Re: harmala/shrooms - any advice? tyramine? [Re: 420inchrims]
    #8298912 - 04/17/08 11:10 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Um, that's gonna be pretty powerful dude! I hope you are a seasoned hardcore tripper! How many 5g doses have you taken just by themselves? 5g of cubensis is a lot to handle anyways... colloquially called the "heroic" dose (I'm sure you know this)

I don't have much personal experience with mixing MAOI's and tryptamine-psychedelics, but from general knowledge I know that you can sometimes expect double the effects. You may be in for the equivalent of a 7-10g dose!

anyways. Be safe, and say hello to God for me!

--------------------

"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

OfflineRickFL239
explorer

Re: harmala/shrooms - any advice? tyramine? [Re: Nunbuh_Chrubble]
    #8300032 - 04/18/08 08:30 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I've only tripped a few times so far.  The first time, I only did like 3 grams, and I felt really sad that I was too afraid to eat more, because I found nothing scary or unpleasant about it at all.  All subsequent trips I've used 5 grams or more, and I love it.  I dont see why anyone would like to use less :laugh:  plus I'm a bigger guy 6'4 225.  Will let u guys in on how it goes.  I wish I could do it today, but I tripped 2 days ago, from the same bag of mushies.  I'm gonna eat the rest, but that damn tolerance is a bitch.  Would the fact that I'm using an MAOI decrease the time I need to wait between trips?

Edited by RickFL239 (04/18/08 08:48 AM)

OfflineNunbuh_Chrubble
I'm just a kittycat
Male User Gallery

#8301100 - 04/18/08 02:00 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

RickFL239 said:
I've only tripped a few times so far.

I wish I could do it today, but I tripped 2 days ago, from the same bag of mushies. I'm gonna eat the rest, but that damn tolerance is a bitch. Would the fact that I'm using an MAOI decrease the time I need to wait between trips?

sounds like you're playing with fire, but whatever... good luck!

--------------------

"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

Offlinesandman_130
Male User Gallery

Re: harmala/shrooms - any advice? tyramine? [Re: Nunbuh_Chrubble]
    #8302178 - 04/18/08 07:03 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

give yourself at least a week before another trip.

--------------------

OfflineSDP
ChronicAficionado
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8302200 - 04/18/08 07:12 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Your going to want closer to 150mg harmala alkaloids for your journey.... :crazy2:

:goodluck:

--------------------
Teonanacatl, open up my eyes
This sacrament, this prayer, beyond the world of lies
Guide me clearly through that which I dont understand
Give me strength to find the path
Help me fight any demons as you flow through me wholely
This is my prayer, that you protect me from evil, and bring me closer to peace
And open up my eyes, so i can see things as you do
Amen

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: Andromeda Galaxy
Re: harmala/shrooms - any advice? tyramine? [Re: SDP]
    #8302219 - 04/18/08 07:20 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

SDP said:
Your going to want closer to 150mg harmala alkaloids for your journey.... :crazy2:

:goodluck:

lol troll

--------------------
And they wandered off.. nine ways till bedfast.
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

OfflineShroomyTunes
psychedeliac

Loc: Ontario
Re: harmala/shrooms - any advice? tyramine? [Re: Zinglons Acolyte]
    #8302386 - 04/18/08 08:18 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

lol. don't take 5 grams with harmala for the first experiment of MOAI/shrooms. and if you do it anyways and go psycho for 8 or so hours don't say no one warned you. I think someone already said that would be 'playing with fire'. start with like 2.5 or 3 with harmala you may be surprised. personally i find 2 to be quite enough. 4 quite too much.

OfflineRickFL239
explorer

#8310843 - 04/21/08 03:00 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Well I'm happy to say that I did this and came out feeling great! I had the incredible experience I was looking for by taking all 5 grams of shrooms, and roughly 2 droppers(supposedly 150mg) of the harmala. It hit me really fast, with swirling distortions and powerful open eye visuals. It just kept getting stronger for 3 hours, with hieroglyphics of some sort appearing below the translucent surface of everything I viewed. I went outside to be with nature, and smoked a bowl of some dank, and sent myself spiraling higher and higher, had visions of ancient temples, jungles, bits and pieces of memories of my life. At that point, it was like I dug into myself as a person, and I was removing negative, damaged parts of my psyche. It was extremely intense, sweating profusely, and restructuring myself as a person. It was like a defragment almost. This continued for several more hours, with lots of visuals, and the sense that reality around me was held together by a thread, and about to rip apart - walls and the ground were pulsating and breathing, and I struggled to maintain a clear mind through the experience. I was guided by a powerful entity that had seemed absent in my past mushroom trips without the harmala, and seemed annoyed at times that my spiritual progression was not what it could be. Whereas the shrooms only seem to produce a more lighthearted, fun trip, this one was purely serious, philosophical, spiritual, and cleansing. I felt sorrow and pain for all the wrong in the world, and all the wrong I've done in my life. I saw suffering, and really cared deeply. Other bits and pieces of wisdom are lost to my subconscious at this point, as it was so much to take in. Eventually, after 6 hours, the trip started to wind down, with a beautifully peaceful afterglow that lasted for hours, where I sat outside, smoking my ganj, and contemplating what an incredible experience I had. I hope next time, after more meditation on my experience, that I can go even further with my next voyage.

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

#8310978 - 04/21/08 03:37 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

glad you didnt lose control

--------------------
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

OfflineRickFL239
explorer

#8311731 - 04/21/08 06:54 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks to everyone for your concern, though I never came close to losing control.  At times, though, my whole boddy was shuddering with the power of what I was experiencing.  I wouldn't have missed that experience for the world, and I see it as a positive experience.  I dunno if I have an unusual tolerance, or if just having a keen, open mind is what helps me, but I never dose on less than 5g of cubensis, any less seems like a waste.  I love to bathe in the full power of the experience :smile: I feel that the journeys I have been taking part in lately have helped me overcome alot of bad shit that had been sitting around inside of me, and have influenced me in a very positive way.  I feel like I've had a spiritual awakening, but also have a long way to go. 

Edited by RickFL239 (04/21/08 06:56 PM)

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

#8311920 - 04/21/08 07:46 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

how good was he tincture? im considering it for the future

--------------------
-----

OfflineRickFL239
explorer

#8312739 - 04/21/08 11:40 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

It was really bitter and burned my sublingual area below my tongue. All I can say is 2 droppers made the 5 grams of shrooms at least 3x stronger. I think it's the strongest trip I've ever had, though I'm not the most experienced. I would think that the tincture would be better than preparing the raw or dried plant, being as you ingest less material/fluid overall. Nausea wasn't a problem either.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag