Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleIrishdrunk
Democracy? We Deliver!!!
Male User Gallery

Ever saved another persons life?
    #8294623 - 04/17/08 01:12 AM (16 years, 3 days ago)

I saved my dads life 3 times. All times when he was drunk and suicidal. I grew up watching my father be an alcoholic. Hes actually nicer when hes drunk. I've been shit kicked 50 times when he was sober, never drunk.

The first two times, I found him in my bedroom, with a shotgun in his mouth crying.

The third time I pulled him out of the water when he was drunk and passed out, and he spewed water so I knew he was on the verge.

Its not easy being a 10 year old trying to talk a man out of suicide.

In any case, his job requires 14 hour days for 9 months of the year, he has to hire, fire, and run the largest road construction and sewer company in winnipeg.

Back then, it wasn't so successful.......but he managed to build it into a massive company, while being a weekend alcoholic lol.

So I respect him, but at the same time I know the dangers of alcohol, and I've become him......

Im seeing a psychologist and Im going to help him as I help myself, perhaps saving him a 4th time.

Anyways, this is my saving a person story, anyone else got one?

--------------------
:awesome:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: The desert
Re: Ever saved another persons life? [Re: Irishdrunk]
    #8294634 - 04/17/08 01:16 AM (16 years, 3 days ago)

Yeah I've saved a few people.

Lost a few people too. Those ones stay in your memory way more vividly.

--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
    #8294641 - 04/17/08 01:18 AM (16 years, 3 days ago)

dam sounds traumatizing

--------------------

InvisibleIrishdrunk
Democracy? We Deliver!!!
Male User Gallery

Re: Ever saved another persons life? [Re: Coaster]
    #8294663 - 04/17/08 01:24 AM (16 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

Coaster said:
dam sounds traumatizing

Hes much better now, taking anti D's has helped him alot.

Im glad, because Im not around his place enough to save him again.

He found peace, and still drinks to the point of passing out, but only once a weekend, not every weekend night.

He retires at 55 though which is 2 years, and they gave him 4 day weeks.

Things worked out.  I hope people who have similar problems feel free to msg me and I can help them vent and talk it out.  :heart:

--------------------

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

#8294679 - 04/17/08 01:35 AM (16 years, 3 days ago)

wow, 55 is rly young to retire
he seems to be very successful
dopeness
hope he lives long
good post :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleIrishdrunk
Democracy? We Deliver!!!
Male User Gallery

#8294703 - 04/17/08 01:46 AM (16 years, 3 days ago)

My grandfather created the company, it was tiny, biggest in the peg now.

My old mans got 45% to sell so hes going to be rolling in it. probably around 10mil or more, but we don't talk money.

But he suffered alot to get there.......and was creative enough to expand into sewer and go beyond the province. Hes the single reason the company is so successful....

So they asked him to stay 2 years extra, on a 4 day basis, to let them figure out whos going to do the dirty every day hands on boss job my old man does.

Sorry if I sound like Im bragging, just proud of him after all he/we went through over the years when the company sucked.

--------------------

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

#8294706 - 04/17/08 01:48 AM (16 years, 3 days ago)

wow so how come ur not going to take over the family business
already got a promising career?

--------------------

InvisibleIrishdrunk
Democracy? We Deliver!!!
Male User Gallery

#8294719 - 04/17/08 01:54 AM (16 years, 3 days ago)

Nay, I've worked 2 years and Im 30.

He shits on any ideas I come up with, for 10 years I wanted to be a pilot but every chance, he crushed the dream. Said it was too expensive and the jobs weren't paying enough.

Im taking IT classes, probably will end up training as a webmaster though, its fun to make great websites.

Plus I love interacting with cool people online, and having fun with them.

--------------------

Offlinefantasylndvictm
yup
Female User Gallery

Loc: usa
    #8294723 - 04/17/08 01:57 AM (16 years, 3 days ago)

My Dad was an alcoholic, well still is. But when I was real young my parents fought all the time and me and my brother used to sit at the stairs and see it hit my mom almost every night. over the years he slowed down. When I became a teenager and whooped my ass a few times and my brothers. About 4 years ago he got so drunk that he almost choked my Mom to death, luckily he passed out before he did. He went to jail for some time and I didn't talk to him for like 2yrs. And he stopped drinking for a long time and now really only drinks on weekends, once in awhile on weekdays.

My best friends Allen had got in a fight with like 5 or 6 dudes because he was prtecting his brother from two of them and then everyone jumped in. Well one caught him on the chin and knocked him out, he stiffened up and fell straight back and busted his head wide open.

He had been smokin meth all day and it thins ur blood out I guess. Well his blood was like water and I just slowed the bleeding down as much as I could and woke him up.

Now I didn't think I really did anything more than anybody else would ya kno? But his brother was like thank u so much u saved his life, I didn't kno what to do. Then I told one of my friends about it and he said that I saved his life too. Then a couple weeks later my best friend said it himself that I saved his life

So Idk

--------------------
"How do we know whether the life of any creature has fulfilled its destiny? I have known the very old to die in bitterness and despair. I have seen young children die before their time but leave behind such a legacy of love and joy that grief for their passing was tempered by the knowledge that their brief lives had given much to others."
"You have answered your own question,Tanis Half-Elven, far better than I could," the Forestmaster said gravely. "Say that that our lives are measured not by gain but by giving." -Dragonlance "Dragons of Autumn Twilight"

If we lived in luxury we would grow soft.

No human being truely knows their full capacity to love until they become a parent.

Edited by fantasylndvictm (04/17/08 02:22 AM)

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Re: Ever saved another persons life? [Re: fantasylndvictm]
    #8294729 - 04/17/08 02:01 AM (16 years, 3 days ago)

^ why was ur dad bleeding

--------------------

InvisibleIrishdrunk
Democracy? We Deliver!!!
Male User Gallery

Re: Ever saved another persons life? [Re: fantasylndvictm]
    #8294735 - 04/17/08 02:05 AM (16 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

fantasylndvictm said:
My Dad was an alcoholic, well still is. But when I was real young my parents fought all the time and me and my brother used to sit at the stairs and see it hit my mom almost every night. over the years he slowed down. When I became a teenager and whooped my ass a few times and my brothers. About 4 years ago he got so drunk that he almost choked my Mom to death, luckily he passed out before he did. He went to jail for some time and I didn't talk to him for like 2yrs. And he stopped drinking for a long and now really only drinks on weekends, once in awhile on weekdays. He had been smokin meth all day and it thins ur blood out I guess. Well his blood was like water and I just slowed the bleeding down as much as I could and woke him up.

Now I didn't think I really did anything more than anybody else would ya kno? But his brother was like thank u so much u saved his life, I didn't kno what to do. Then I told one of my friends about it and he said that I saved his life too. Then a couple weeks later my best friend said it himself that I saved his life

So Idk

Thanks for sharing bro, its nice to know I'm not alone.

Its brutal and honest, and us shooting the shit and chatting about things we keep to ourselves usually......maybe we can help each other and our families.

We should continue this chat tomorrow, maybe we can find some hobbies or something the old man can do to keep his mind off drinking,

I know what you went through too.......my parents used to fight for hours all the time, and me and my sister would sit on the stairs and listen.

--------------------

InvisibleIrishdrunk
Democracy? We Deliver!!!
Male User Gallery

#8294739 - 04/17/08 02:09 AM (16 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

Coaster said:
^ why was ur dad bleeding

That was a figure of speech bro lol,

I got 90's in english and impressed my english teachers so much they suggested I write.  :irishtoast:

Maybe I should be a writer.  Like a non gay Oscar Wilde.

Or just tutor coaster to speak english

--------------------

Offlinefantasylndvictm
yup
Female User Gallery

#8294772 - 04/17/08 02:24 AM (16 years, 3 days ago)

It didn't post everything I wrote and combined shit that wasn't supposed to be in the same paragraph but I edited it. Sry bout that

--------------------
"How do we know whether the life of any creature has fulfilled its destiny? I have known the very old to die in bitterness and despair. I have seen young children die before their time but leave behind such a legacy of love and joy that grief for their passing was tempered by the knowledge that their brief lives had given much to others."
"You have answered your own question,Tanis Half-Elven, far better than I could," the Forestmaster said gravely. "Say that that our lives are measured not by gain but by giving." -Dragonlance "Dragons of Autumn Twilight"

No human being truely knows their full capacity to love until they become a parent.

Offlinefantasylndvictm
yup
Female User Gallery

#8294787 - 04/17/08 02:30 AM (16 years, 3 days ago)

Yea that's why I like the Shroomery so many different ppl helpin each other or just bulshiting that has never even met each other.

I'm a chick by the way, don't kno if u was calin me brother because u thought I was a dude or was just doin it out of habit. Idk I'm tired. So I will talk to everyone tomorrow.  :goodnight: Got school and a test tomorrow.

--------------------

Offlinehazey
Male

#8294850 - 04/17/08 03:05 AM (16 years, 3 days ago)

nice post. i am suicidal myself and i need things like this to see how much suicide is the wrong way to go. :thumbup:

InvisibleIrishdrunk
Democracy? We Deliver!!!
Male User Gallery

Re: Ever saved another persons life? [Re: hazey]
    #8294866 - 04/17/08 03:15 AM (16 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

hazey said:
nice post. i am suicidal myself and i need things like this to see how much suicide is the wrong way to go. :thumbup:

Hazey bro, times can be tuff, and you probably went through a lot of shit.....

But sticking around is a lot more fun, things can and will get better if you want them to.

Be the person you always wanted to be, make goals for yourself, and accomplish them,

Its a bigger high than any drug.

Then make bigger goals, and accomplishing them will give you so much.  Much more than any drug can do.

This is coming from a guy in a similar situation, suicidal feelings have been a big part of my life.

Things can and will get better. 

--------------------

InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #8294868 - 04/17/08 03:17 AM (16 years, 3 days ago)

I saved a US marine from drowning :smirk:

(Riptide - Sunset Beach)

--------------------

Discuss Politics

InvisibleIrishdrunk
Democracy? We Deliver!!!
Male User Gallery

Re: Ever saved another persons life? [Re: Ferris]
    #8294873 - 04/17/08 03:20 AM (16 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

Ferris said:
I saved a US marine from drowning :smirk:

(Riptide - Sunset Beach)

Sweet!!!  He obviously wasnt using his training, hold your legs and keep your arm pits closed and all joints like leg joints close to the body.

You float naturally in that self hugging position......fuckin guy must have been tripping out.

I took crazy military officer training when I was 16 lolol.

--------------------

InvisibleIrishdrunk
Democracy? We Deliver!!!
Male User Gallery

#8294879 - 04/17/08 03:26 AM (16 years, 3 days ago)

The fucked up thing is I asked to go, it was a brutal month of military training, from weeks in the mountains of BC, to sandbagging big dugouts, to doing that legendary training course. I never made it over the biggest wall lol, was the only time I couldnt do it.

--------------------

InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #8294881 - 04/17/08 03:27 AM (16 years, 3 days ago)

I don't really blame the guy, he did everything he was supposed to do, although he was panicking a little because he thought he was going to die. The riptide came out of nowhere along with some choppy waves.

--------------------

Discuss Politics

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale