Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
BRF Cakes Contammed from the LC?
    #8294603 - 04/17/08 01:06 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I've got 18 cakes incubating that I prepared with a dry verm layer for GE and sterilized in a PC. I Then inoculated from 3 different LC syringes (of the same LC) and yes I flame sterelised by candle until red hot between inoculations as well as wiping the syringe with an alcohol soaked paper towel. 6 of those cakes are starting to show signs of what I suspect is green mold on the bottom of the jars irrespective of what syringe I used All affected jars show full colonization. I'm a little suspicious that this had something to do with the slightly high Moisture content of the jars since it occurred on the bottom. I used a CC from one of the syringes to make a Jar of grains that I G2Ged and have seen no sign of contams. The last time when I experienced no problems I used a HEPA filter in the room before using it. Could this have had enough of an impact to justify 1/3 of my jars showing contams? Is it my imperfect moisture Content?

Additionally there is another remote possibility. Instead of looking green the eye it looks blue. My TIT incubator setup may heat the bottom more than the rest of the jars, could this cause bruising? I know it's a stretch but I figured I'd ask.

Just trying to figgure out where I went wrong.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag