Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: land of the free
people pushing music onto others
    #8279540 - 04/13/08 08:54 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Why do people feel the need to push their music onto you?

"man, do you ever listen to blahblahblah...OMG you HAVE to listen to this here listen to this what do you think about this song man its so awesome!"

uhhg shit like that. I like some music, Pink Floyd being my favorite...but I do not listen to music 24/7 like many, I have never even owned an Ipod. I guess I am not a very musical person. I hate people trying to push their music onto me...its not that big of a deal I guess but it bothers me. To not be a dick, I use to go uhh ok and listen to 20 seconds of the song and say wow thats really neat. I would feel like a dick saying "No I don't want to listen, but thanks." or "well I didn't like it." Lately I just say I am not that into music.

What makes people want to do this though...why do they HAVE to show everyone they know this band/song they like? You like this song so EVERYONE has to listen and love it!!!!

I dunno I am just ranting I guess

discuss.

--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley
:drooling:GIVE ME OPIATES OR GIVE ME DEATH:drooling:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleappleorange
Rainbow Technician
 User Gallery

Loc: Reykjavík
Re: people pushing music onto others [Re: aDoS]
    #8279553 - 04/13/08 08:56 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

i'll discuss this with you.

they want to share music that they think is good with others.

end of discuss.

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio Flag
    #8279555 - 04/13/08 08:56 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Ha, I'm one of those guys. I don't give a shit if people like what I show them or not. I have no qualms with someone saying "I just don't dig this."
I don't know why I do it, I just love music and enjoy trying to introduce new music to people. I almost view it as a challenge. "What band could I recommend to (insert name.)" or "Ah, I like this band, I wonder if (name) would too."

--------------------
!

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
    #8279557 - 04/13/08 08:56 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

i posted about this not too long ago. i completely agree with you.

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

#8279563 - 04/13/08 08:57 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

:awesome:

I'm the same way. I love music in all,but it's really not that important to me,and i don't listen to any for long periods.

I make it a point to not tell people about shit i do listen to, it always gets spread around to the wrong hands. Truly good music should only be spread to the deserving.

But yea, hate that shit too.

--------------------

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
    #8279568 - 04/13/08 08:58 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

How can you not like music?

There must be something wrong with you, bro!

zomg ur handicapped or something lolol

--------------------

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
Re: people pushing music onto others [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #8279580 - 04/13/08 09:00 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

But seriously, I love music.

I listen to it basically all my waking moments. Different strokes. :shrug:

Just tell the person to fuck off with the music. I love it, but I have friends who do that, and I just say no. Like Nancy Reagan.

--------------------

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

#8279582 - 04/13/08 09:00 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I like a few bands but I am just not that into it :shrug:

--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley

Invisibletrscstghst
stranger
Male

Loc: here
Re: people pushing music onto others [Re: appleorange]
    #8279590 - 04/13/08 09:01 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

yeah man i tend to do it just to get some feedback. mostly just to people who i know have similar tate. i wouldnt be offended or anything if they said they dont like it. i realize people have vastly different tatse in music. but i would probably consider them closed minded if they just flat out refused to listen.

--------------------
Why use up the forests which were centuries in the making and the mines which required ages to lay down, if we can get the equivalent of forest and mineral products in the annual growth of the hemp fields?
o Henry Ford

Invisibleappleorange
Rainbow Technician
 User Gallery

Loc: Reykjavík
    #8279591 - 04/13/08 09:01 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

everything my friends listen to is thanks to me. i couldn't count the times I've been thanked for introducing people to music they've never heard before.

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #8279595 - 04/13/08 09:01 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

some kid in my ethnomusicology class last summer did his interview paper on his girlfriend. she was like that, where she would refuse to listen to music people told her they thought she would like. she felt offended by it when people thought they knew her well enough to recommend her something she might possibly like [otherwise]

i thought that was fucking crazy, but maybe it isn't so with the others in here that have said that.

personally, if i'm not listening to music, there's always music playing in my head. i love all sorts of music, and love to share those outstanding artists with everyone, whether they end up liking it or not is ok. and then with closer friends, i'll share anything i think they'd like

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

OfflineChubba
Vape hungry

Re: people pushing music onto others *DELETED* [Re: trscstghst]
    #8279600 - 04/13/08 09:02 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by Chubba

Reason for deletion: Deleted

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio Flag
    #8279602 - 04/13/08 09:02 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Just tell people. If someone told me they're not into music that much and don't want recommendations then I'd respect it.

I like to think I do it in a respectful way anyway. I just burn a CD or put it on a flash drive and give it to whoever and tell 'em to check it out when they get a chance. Not like sitting down and playing and making them listen. People usually aren't to receptive in that kind of setting anyway, so they're more likely to dismiss it which is not my goal.

--------------------
!

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
    #8279603 - 04/13/08 09:02 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

if i really like a song or something, i'll play it for my friends, because if i liked it that much, i figure someone else will really dig it too.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

OfflinePinballWizard
Naive and Gullible as usual

#8279611 - 04/13/08 09:05 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I know what you mean. I also try not to send people YouTube links to watch. I know they want me to share in the enjoyment, but it just bugs me to be forced into watching something.

OfflineTypicalTripper
CannabisCuddling Canuck

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: people pushing music onto others [Re: appleorange]
    #8279614 - 04/13/08 09:05 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Some people don't love music , or say that they like what's on radio. Music plays a big part in my life , I enjoy it a lot and simply want to share the great pleasures it has given me. :hair rising on the arms , even crying at a show because I thought it was too beautiful.

Think of these people as persons who are trying to make you happy by sharing a passion with you.

Invisibletrscstghst
stranger
Male

Re: people pushing music onto others [Re: Chubba]
    #8279640 - 04/13/08 09:09 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

thats fuckin awsom the way that dude incorporates those harmonics in his playing

--------------------
Why use up the forests which were centuries in the making and the mines which required ages to lay down, if we can get the equivalent of forest and mineral products in the annual growth of the hemp fields?
o Henry Ford

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Re: people pushing music onto others [Re: TypicalTripper]
    #8279644 - 04/13/08 09:10 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Music is more or a private thing for me I suppose. I don't really like sharing music that I listen to...maybe I just have social anxiety.

Its always kind of awkward...it usually starts with a friend going "dude blahblah is such an awesome band" so I'll say oh thats cool, then I guess they expect me to ask them if I can listen, but I don't...so like 2 minutes later, "DO YOU WANT TO LISTEN??" lol...

--------------------

Edited by aDoS (04/13/08 09:10 PM)

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
    #8279669 - 04/13/08 09:15 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I don't like most music, and the music I do like, most people don't.:shrug:

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisibletrscstghst
stranger
Male

Re: people pushing music onto others [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #8279733 - 04/13/08 09:29 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
I don't like most music, and the music I do like, most people don't.:shrug:

same here. what are some of the musicians you do like?

--------------------
o Henry Ford

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom