Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
How well do you get on with your parents?
    #8263478 - 04/10/08 08:07 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I thought the birth of my son (he's a year old now)would bring me closer to my parents but in fact it's brought up so much sadness from reflecting about my own childhood that I feel more distant to them than ever.

When I was 16 I had a nervous breakdown and tried to kill myself, which was treated as if I had something like flu and that a course of pills would make me better. They still refuse to ackowledge that it was a nervous breakdown, but since I had another one a decade ago (fuelled by drug addiction and alcoholism) at age 22, which I kept from them (I didn't see them much during that period of my life), I've always felt sad and disappointed about how my childhood panned out.

I have so many problems with them - including my brother they are hugely judgemental people, whereas I'm very open and forgiving of people. They talk all the time, but never about anything important - and it's always a competition as to who can hold court in the conversation.

They also cannot eliminate from their mind the image of me that they want me to conform to, rather than accept and be interested in who I am.

My mum is so fussy around her grandson, she works him up and upsets him, especially when we tell her he's tired and we're trying to get him to sleep. I just want to, and have always wanted to, tell her to RELAX!!!!

My dad has cataracts but refuses to get anything done about them, even though he's had several bad falls from tripping over. He's in his 70s and is a stubborn old fool.

I could go on but I'm coming to the end of needing this rant.

The only positive thing about all this is that in the past few years, through using psychedelics to resolve a lot of issues and cleaning my act up (I'm ridiculously healthy these days) I am incredibly happy. I also am doing everything I can to ensure a happy childhood for my son and things in my family unit are wonderful.

I'm using my relationships with my parents as a model of what I don't want for my wife, my son and I.

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

Edited by theorganicdomino (04/10/08 08:20 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: How well do you get on with your parents? [Re: theorganicdomino]
    #8263494 - 04/10/08 08:13 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Well, from your post it seems you're determined to have the best relationship with your child as possible, and i commend you for that.

I am convinced that you'll do your very best for him/her - and they will thank you for it.

My relationship with my parents was so-so through highschool, but once I got to college I realized how great they are, and now they're two of my best friends.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: How well do you get on with your parents? [Re: theorganicdomino]
    #8263513 - 04/10/08 08:19 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

My parents love me, and I love them, but I really can't stand being around them at all.

OfflineNationofStrangers
Beeeeyah!!!!

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Austin TX
Re: How well do you get on with your parents? [Re: memes]
    #8263515 - 04/10/08 08:19 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

My parents freaking rock. I dunno my mother is one of the most understanding people i will ever meet and would do anything for me. My father is cool as hell but thinks he knows exactly how im going to live my life for the first half.... He would do anything for me too... just thinks im going to drink as long as him.... most of the time this angers me because i know its right. .... Do not get me wrong, i have been through a lot with my mother.... There was a point in time when she made me sleep on the side of the house in the dead of winter in MN because i had a bad heroin problem and would not let me be inside... but i understand it was always for my best interest and i fucking love them!!!!!! thanks for making this thread boss, it has put a smile on my face talking about the rents....

Invisibledanknugz81
spiralingdownward
Male

Re: How well do you get on with your parents? [Re: NationofStrangers]
    #8263673 - 04/10/08 09:15 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

i love my parents. they split when i was 3, but i've always had a close relationship with my dad.. and i love my mom to death. does she piss me off sometimes? abolutely. but you only get one mom and one dad so...

my dad is almost 20 years sober (used to drink and do coke) and he knows that i'm a pothead and enjoy psychedelics. he doesnt approve, but he doesnt criticize either. he used to do shrooms so he understands, he just doesnt want any unnecessary chemicals in his body anymore (ironic, considering he's a smoker and coffee drinker.)

OfflineNationofStrangers
Beeeeyah!!!!

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Austin TX
Re: How well do you get on with your parents? [Re: danknugz81]
    #8263704 - 04/10/08 09:24 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

danknugz81 said:
i love my parents. they split when i was 3, but i've always had a close relationship with my dad.. and i love my mom to death. does she piss me off sometimes? abolutely. but you only get one mom and one dad so...

my dad is almost 20 years sober (used to drink and do coke) and he knows that i'm a pothead and enjoy psychedelics. he doesnt approve, but he doesnt criticize either. he used to do shrooms so he understands, he just doesnt want any unnecessary chemicals in his body anymore (ironic, considering he's a smoker and coffee drinker.)

does he do AA?? I find it weird that my father is the only alcoholic/drug addict i know that is sober and does not do anything to work on it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag