Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineflangenips
Batshitinsanse
 User Gallery

Loc: aotearoa Flag
Gingseng vs Caffeine
    #8262853 - 04/10/08 01:20 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Recently i've discovered how good gingseng tea is, well it works for me anyway. It seems to give me mild energy for long as a good wake up for morning tea and with lunch. I've stopped drinking coffee altogether. Coffee, especially when i'm really really tired, tends to have a sharp crash when the caffeine wears of, where as with gingseng i find i can drink it twice a day and get through without a crash at work, it seems to come off slowly. Where as coffee i tend to need it for breakfast, lunch, and my two breaks to get through with possible jitters around mid afternoon
I do find caffeine necessary for higher energy requirements when i'm tired though.

Anyone else enjoy gingseng?

--------------------
All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher. - Ambrose Bierce

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCoaster
BaĘżal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: Gingseng vs Caffeine [Re: flangenips]
    #8262924 - 04/10/08 01:51 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

drinking it right now

--------------------

Invisibletrscstghst
stranger
Male

Loc: here
Re: Gingseng vs Caffeine [Re: Coaster]
    #8263095 - 04/10/08 03:28 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

ginseng is awsome i also like to hunt it in the fall

--------------------
Why use up the forests which were centuries in the making and the mines which required ages to lay down, if we can get the equivalent of forest and mineral products in the annual growth of the hemp fields?
o Henry Ford

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Re: Gingseng vs Caffeine [Re: trscstghst]
    #8263390 - 04/10/08 07:29 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I take 1.2 grams of extract (which means 6 grams of ginko) a day, on the days Im tired. No fatigue for the entire day! Much better than other stimulants.

I wouldn't even describe it as stimulant, it doesn't make my heart race or give me anxiety

--------------------

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: Gingseng vs Caffeine [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #8263402 - 04/10/08 07:33 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Visionary Tools said:
I take 1.2 grams of extract (which means 6 grams of ginko) a day, on the days Im tired. No fatigue for the entire day! Much better than other stimulants.

I wouldn't even describe it as stimulant, it doesn't make my heart race or give me anxiety

Quote:

Gingseng vs Caffeine

you silly goose.

--------------------

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
    #8263964 - 04/10/08 11:10 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Ginseng tea is very yang which makes it a good upper, but of course it doesn't compare to the synthetic boost that caffeine gives us. Ginseng will not dehydrate and acidify your body though the way that coffee does which is a big plus.

--------------------

Offlineflangenips
Batshitinsanse
 User Gallery

Re: Gingseng vs Caffeine [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #8265352 - 04/10/08 05:33 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Visionary Tools said:

Ginko (if that is what you mean to talk about) is another thing i like. Don't really need it or use it nowadays, but it helped me alot with exams and essay writing through university. Its great for collating thoughts and getting them on to paper.

Ever had an energy drink called Red Eye Power? it contains ginko bilboa extract amongst other natural stimulants also caffeine and guarana i think. full of sugar too haha (no so good). But its the only energy drink i like when i need a combo for intense exercise lasting for a couple of hours.
Though if you like stimulation death in a can screw red bull and V, get yourself some "Demon."

If you do mean ginseng, i agree, its not like other stimulants, and it tends to last me long enough so i never really get fatigued at work.

--------------------
All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher. - Ambrose Bierce

Offlinefazdazzle
Wanderer

#8272006 - 04/11/08 11:23 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

What kind do you drink? Or do you make your own?

Have you tried capsules of extract to compare?

I was interested in this for a while but I never did anything about it cuz I was broke. One must be living in order to be stimulated :wink:

I've been having issues with drinking coffee (tea doesn't boost me really at all) so an alternative would be really nice. I find drinking coffee when I'm tired just makes matters worse because my body is still exhausted, I keep yawning, I zone out easily, etc. but I can feel the caffeine in the background pushing me and it just makes me anxious for some reason.

edit: I just realized you had a crowley quote for your signature! that's great...have you used any thelemic techniques to give yourself energy? or hermetic for that matter - increasing the fire element or something?

Edited by fazdazzle (04/11/08 11:29 PM)

Offlineflangenips
Batshitinsanse
 User Gallery

Re: Gingseng vs Caffeine [Re: fazdazzle]
    #8272206 - 04/12/08 12:42 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I drink Healtheries brands ginseng tea. Does the trick and really cheap.

As for crowley, not really into that stuff, i just like reading about it. Don't really buy into anything for stuff like that except maybe yoga or meditation - not that i do those either heh. How bout you, you tried it?

--------------------

Offlinefazdazzle
Wanderer

#8273521 - 04/12/08 11:32 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah there's a pretty noticeable division between those who do it & those who don't. It really is one of those things where you're gung ho or you think it's complete b.s.

I'm not a thelemite so I can't say for any of Crowleys stuff, but just about any balancing operation seems to give me more energy (ie yoga, meditation, lbrp). Many of those things are essentially the same anyway. I've done shortened internal lbrp or just invocation of archangels in classes & at the campus library and it really evens my keel.

Since balancing works to bring me up, I just assumed accentuating certain elements would do the trick.

Thanks for the rec. though I'll have to check that stuff out. I really like tea anyway so it won't be much of a loss if I don't get any effects...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules