Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefuture
Stranger
What are the lookalikes of liberty caps?
    #8251406 - 04/07/08 04:02 PM (16 years, 12 days ago)

I didn't have my camera but spore sprint is black, they are growin from poop, they are brown and look almost identical to liberts.

I found one cyan at least. Seems like the whole field is covered with these little brown things that do not stain blue.

--------------------
I am the fakest person on this site. I only pretend to grow and consume illegal mushrooms. I have no knowledge what so ever on any scheduled substance because I know and respect the governing law in the United States of America. All pictures and dialogue posted by me is entirley copyrighted from those who wish to knowingly ignore the laws. I only post these messages as a mere propaganda technique used to gain attention and admiration from others. Thank You

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefuture
Stranger
Re: What are the lookalikes of liberty caps? [Re: future]
    #8251447 - 04/07/08 04:09 PM (16 years, 12 days ago)

They look exactly like the one in GGreatones thread.

I have never seen a cyan look like brown/yellow.

--------------------
I am the fakest person on this site. I only pretend to grow and consume illegal mushrooms. I have no knowledge what so ever on any scheduled substance because I know and respect the governing law in the United States of America. All pictures and dialogue posted by me is entirley copyrighted from those who wish to knowingly ignore the laws. I only post these messages as a mere propaganda technique used to gain attention and admiration from others. Thank You

OfflineNationofStrangers
Beeeeyah!!!!

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Austin TX
    #8251548 - 04/07/08 04:32 PM (16 years, 12 days ago)

Psilocybe semilanceata (liberty cap) is a psychedelic mushroom that contains the psychoactive compound psilocybin. It grows on grassy meadows and similar; particularly in wet, south-facing fields and other habitats well fertilized by sheep and other cattle feces, although unlike Psilocybe cubensis it does not grow directly on the dung itself. It is found throughout the cool temperate and subarctic regions of the Northern Hemisphere and it is most common in "Europe, Russia, India, Peru and the Pacific Northwest United States and Northeastern North America."

from wikipedia, i do not think you meant liberty cap.

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Trusted Identifier
    #8251635 - 04/07/08 04:55 PM (16 years, 12 days ago)

Black spore print, brown and looks like liberty caps is probably some species of inactive Panaeolus.

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

OfflineKocLobster
Noob
Male

Loc: WA
Re: What are the lookalikes of liberty caps? [Re: Workman]
    #8251917 - 04/07/08 06:20 PM (16 years, 12 days ago)

I think I heard somewhere P. semilanceata doesn't grow in poo but I could be wrong.

Offlinefuture
Stranger
Re: What are the lookalikes of liberty caps? [Re: KocLobster]
    #8251982 - 04/07/08 06:35 PM (16 years, 12 days ago)

These shrooms look exactly like the ones that GGreatone just posted in his thread. He says they are cyans. I've never seen a cyan look like this.

--------------------

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #8252213 - 04/07/08 07:21 PM (16 years, 12 days ago)

Hey future, Liberty Caps do not grow wild in Florida.

The copes that I posted images of most recently are all Panaeolus cyanescens.

They are also known as Copelandia cyanescens.

The more you hunt them the more you become familar with all of the different ways that species looks in the wild.

Offlinefuture
Stranger
Re: What are the lookalikes of liberty caps? [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #8254981 - 04/08/08 11:01 AM (16 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

GGreatOne234 said:
Hey future, Liberty Caps do not grow wild in Florida.

The copes that I posted images of most recently are all Panaeolus cyanescens.

They are also known as Copelandia cyanescens.

The more you hunt them the more you become familar with all of the different ways that species looks in the wild.

*jumps out window of room bag in hand darting torward field in back.

--------------------

Offlineshroomgatherer
Connoisseur of the finer things
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida
    #8255183 - 04/08/08 12:16 PM (16 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Seems like the whole field is covered with these little brown things that do not stain blue.

All the cyans/blue meanies that I've ever found have stained blue quicker than any other mushroom. They stain blue quicker than cubensis in my opinion.:confused:

--------------------
"Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."

Offlinefuture
Stranger
Re: What are the lookalikes of liberty caps? [Re: shroomgatherer]
    #8255439 - 04/08/08 01:39 PM (16 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

shroomgatherer said:
Quote:

Seems like the whole field is covered with these little brown things that do not stain blue.

All the cyans/blue meanies that I've ever found have stained blue quicker than any other mushroom. They stain blue quicker than cubensis in my opinion.:confused:

exactly... I'm looking at these things, and I think they are inactive.

I highly doubt they are toxic, probably just some inactive species of panns. I'm goin to eat a couple and see if I feel anything.

--------------------

Invisiblekoraks
    #8255689 - 04/08/08 02:52 PM (16 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

future said:
I highly doubt they are toxic, probably just some inactive species of panns. I'm goin to eat a couple and see if I feel anything.

Yeah, I highly doubt either if they will have severe effects of any kind, except perhaps for some bowel discomfort. But why take the risk, they are still unidentified mushrooms and there's really no good reason to take a risk by eating them.

Offlinefuture
Stranger
Re: What are the lookalikes of liberty caps? [Re: koraks]
    #8258654 - 04/09/08 05:02 AM (16 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

koraks said:
Quote:

future said:

Yeah, I highly doubt either if they will have severe effects of any kind, except perhaps for some bowel discomfort. But why take the risk, they are still unidentified mushrooms and there's really no good reason to take a risk by eating them.

Right after I posted that I decided against it heh.

I don't know what they are, it's the first time i've ever seen anything like them and i've been on tons and tons of hunts.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder