Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekewltrips
mad scientist
Loc: Zanth
The largest cake ever!!!
    #825056 - 08/18/02 06:51 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

While strolling through the Gap of Zanth the other day holding an interesting conversation with my friend the Dragon, I had an idea. Back in Mudania i know of a certain landscape company that has a Very large compost pile this pile is larger than a good sized three bedroom house. The pile is composed primarily of grass clippins and leaves and is arranged so the older stuff is at one nd of the rectangular pile (the pile is almost 2 stories tall. The pile is "stirred up" once a month or so with a huge front end loader.

Well case you haven?t figured it out yet I am proposing to colonize this pile.... I?m not sure if a colony of that size is feesible with cubies. (which is all i have availibe right now.) Another concern is the heat generated inside of a pile that large as it breakes down, when it is cold out the pile is constantly steeming even in the dead of winter. Maybe the end that is already good and decomposed will be a little cooler since it has already broke down.

Any input on this idea would be apperciated. I think seeing that huge pile turn white inside and covered with caps after a rain would be awe inspireing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMicronMagick
old hand

Re: The largest cake ever!!! [Re: kewltrips]
    #825141 - 08/18/02 07:54 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

Offlinetchyted
miestro
Loc: WA near seattle
    #825409 - 08/18/02 10:35 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

acording to Stamets, substrate deeper than about a foot deep will succomb to anerobic contams. its not that mushroom mycelium wouldn't survive that deep, it's just that in the core of the pile, the conditions favor the anerobic bacteria. the composting company is deliberatly encouraging these bacteria, so it is very unlikely that you will achieve the desired goal of johnny appleseeding the whole countryside with sacred carpophores. nice try though.

InvisibleSillicybin
Re: The largest cake ever!!! [Re: tchyted]
    #5082032 - 12/19/05 02:01 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah - you'd have to stop the composting by spreading it out, and then crumble a few *hundred* cakes on it.

Offlinexaxphaanes
Mycologist
 User Gallery

Re: The largest cake ever!!! [Re: Sillicybin]
    #5084386 - 12/20/05 12:28 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

i would spread it out and then put a few hundred wbs qaurt jars in it and get a mushroom the size of me

--------------------
"Anything i say is fictional"
  what you should look for in manure

Offlinemycovolution
pleeeewtinkiponic
 User Gallery

Re: The largest cake ever!!! [Re: xaxphaanes]
    #5084488 - 12/20/05 12:56 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Make a massive spore slurry and spray it on the pile. Chances are you won't get any fruits on the pile itself but you may successfully spread active spores.

OfflineFloyd_
Stranger

#5087239 - 12/20/05 08:29 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

yeah the inside of a pile that side would be intensly hot. barn fires start from hay that starts to decompose, so it'd be a few hundred degrees in the middle. Since they're mixing it up all the time i doubt you'll have any success, save for maybe a few cubies that might establish themselves on debris around the pile

--------------------
Dimensions

OfflineHerbus

Loc: Reading the map...
Re: The largest cake ever!!! [Re: tchyted]
    #5092520 - 12/22/05 02:48 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

tchyted said:
acording to Stamets,  substrate deeper than about a foot deep will succomb to anerobic contams.  its not that mushroom mycelium wouldn't survive that deep, it's just that in the core of the pile, the conditions favor the anerobic bacteria.  the composting company is deliberatly encouraging these bacteria, so it is very unlikely that you will achieve the desired goal of johnny appleseeding the whole countryside with sacred carpophores.  nice try though. 

These are the kind of posts the Shroomery needs more of!

Oh, and this definitely does not belong in 'Advanced Mycology.'

:crazy2:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract