Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNickscat
Friend
Sterilization to Pasturization?
    #8249500 - 04/07/08 04:57 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Alright so I got about an hour and forty minutes into sterilizing 4 large substrate bags when I had some uninvited guests show up at my door, cant turn away family! Instead of re-sterilizing for a longer time I decided to scrap the entire bag idea since the LC I had planned to spawn with showed signs of contamination on the grain jars I tested it on.
Is it possible to now leave the bags open outside to dry then re-hydrate and pasturize for spawning with grain instead? I guess what Im really trying to get at is will beneficial micro bacteria re-enter the substrate after sterilization or will it become over-run with contaminants? My substrate is about 50% castings 40% Straw and 10% Vermiculite, and at the moment its resting peacefully in the fridge.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNickscat
Friend
Re: Sterilization to Pasturization? [Re: Nickscat]
    #8265732 - 04/10/08 06:35 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Just in case someone read this thread and was wondering to themselves "yay or nay?"

What I ended up doing was mixing the sterilized material with fresh stuff, I also added a lot of coir since the castings effectively turned into mud while trying to attain field cap and I find coir has that perfect "fibrous" texture to it that fixes all my "muddy" sub problems. I let this sit for ~12 hours then re-checked field capacity before pasteurization. I pasteurized this for a few hours and spawned 3:1 sub:spawn ratio. I know some will say that is a waste of good spawn, but I like to think of using higher ratios as a waste of good time. Anywho its been a little over 24 hours since spawning and I can see mycelium patches popping up all over the top layer of substrate I laid down, it was about a half inch thick with two quarts of popcorn directly underneath it in a 64 quart mono-tub with a 5" substrate layer, so I'm gonna have to say I answered my own damned question. I'll post a few pictures here if I get time.

OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Sterilization to Pasturization? [Re: Nickscat]
    #8265773 - 04/10/08 06:41 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Sorry but it was pretty impossible to answer you initial question.

We can't know what bacteria float about in your air, lol.

Plus, the lack of spacing does not help reading.

--------------------
Newcomers guide-----> For all things shroomy

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder