Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIslandShroomer
The Other One
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Introducing Cyan's To New Habitat - Cardboard Spawn
    #8246362 - 04/06/08 12:12 PM (16 years, 14 days ago)

In a few months I'm leaving my current residence, where in the late fall and early winter cyans are abundant. Unfortunately, it appears that my new location is not blessed with the natural presence of psychedelic mushrooms (sure there are probably subs, possibly some gyms...but thats not what im looking for).

Now, there is a period of time where the temperature and the weather is definently suitable to fruiting cyans. My question is, how long before the desired fruiting season do I have to do the spawn? The weather goes from hot to cold in fairly short amount of time. If i spawn at the earliest in late august/early september, with proper watering and care, is there a chance i could introduce cyan's to this area?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineIslandShroomer
The Other One
 User Gallery

Re: Introducing Cyan's To New Habitat - Cardboard Spawn *DELETED* [Re: IslandShroomer]
    #8246368 - 04/06/08 12:15 PM (16 years, 14 days ago)

Post deleted by IslandShroomer

Reason for deletion: not needed

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Loc: In your Mind, Pedro! In y...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Introducing Cyan's To New Habitat - Cardboard Spawn [Re: IslandShroomer]
    #8246433 - 04/06/08 12:37 PM (16 years, 14 days ago)

There's no need for this to be posted in advanced mycology, since neither is the question too hard, nor does it have anything to do with any advanced tek.

To answer your question, spawning the colonized chips in August would result is absolutely nothing.

Wood lover mycelium takes a very long time, to "prepare" properly for fruiting, which means, that is gathers nutrients and energy over spring and summer and fruits in fall.
It has to be well established to be able to resist the summer dryness and heat. Young mycelium is rather fragile.

So what you'd need to do is to spawn them by the end of this month or during May to get them to fruit.

OfflineIslandShroomer
The Other One
 User Gallery

Re: Introducing Cyan's To New Habitat - Cardboard Spawn [Re: Fahkface]
    #8246827 - 04/06/08 02:11 PM (16 years, 13 days ago)

The problem with that is that essentially, i would have to do the spawn, transport it to where i would like the patch to fruit, but then leave it to mother nature to keep the spawn in good condition. The summer would likely destroy the spawn unless i found a specific wood chipped area which frequently recieves watering throughout the spring and summer.

Say i used the cardboard spawn technique, but attempted to maintain the mycelium growth and health on my own, without introducing the spawn into the wild habitat until late august early september. With the proper attention and dedication, could I successfully do this spawn?

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Loc: In your Mind, Pedro! In y...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Introducing Cyan's To New Habitat - Cardboard Spawn [Re: IslandShroomer]
    #8248713 - 04/06/08 10:18 PM (16 years, 13 days ago)

What you should do, is to pick up a few relatively clean, but nicely colonized wood chips, take them with you, spawn them to a few more wood chips, wait for them to colonize, repeat that procedure, until you have quiet a bit, and simply spawn them to their final new habitat.

This way, the colonization of the patch will be rather fast, though not fast enough to let them fruit two months later.
That's just not the way, these mushrooms "work".
They need a longer period of time to colonize the wood chips, and then - as I already told you- do they need about 5 to 6 months to establish themselves.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale