Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecamplo
Freedom!

Preparing to grow straight rye 10lb dry. Help meh pleasssee
    #8224299 - 04/01/08 01:24 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Ive began experimenting with grain and so far Ive figure out that I need to soak my grain since a straight PC gave me a contam. Even though it was green which is not a bacteria, I have another jar that might have wet spot. Both jars have been victims of wet tyvek or wet polyfil so just in case I will soak grain over night anyway. Im sure its worth the extra time.

I have a jar of honey water that is doing good I guess. Not sure how to spot a contam in that sucka...

I plan on doing 6 cups of grain per 1 gallon jars (Suggestions for PC time with 6 cup mass of grain), laying that out in a tub ( 10lb of grain I'm shooting for). The substrate will only be about 1.5 inches deep. Not sure if thats bad or not. I was going to case with vermiculite. I think the verm I have is mixed course.

Im really interested in ways to "enrich" the grain. Anything enriched has a higher chance of contam from what Im learning. I percieve that this high risk ,not only, but has ties to the fact that enriched substrates take longer to colonize which is why most of the supplement adding in the TMC involves adding the nutes to colonized material. But I'll leave that that stuff for the experimental jars.

Edited by camplo (04/01/08 01:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineitsallnines
mush-head
 User Gallery

Re: Preparing to grow straight rye 10lb dry. Help meh pleasssee [Re: camplo]
    #8224377 - 04/01/08 01:52 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

you can enrich with spent coffee grounds. i use about 2 tablespoons per quart jar. works great. i've also used a bit of honey when simmering the rye. about a teaspoon per cup of rye that is simmering with about a quart of water. works great.

--------------------
by their fruits ye shall know them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds