Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineunveiled
Stranger
single spore germination query
    #8222725 - 04/01/08 12:36 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

hello. im a thesis studnt from the philipines and my study requires germination of single spore of oyster mushroom.but it seems that this initial step is not working for me. here are my methods:
-make a spore suspension from spore prints,
-spread a drop of suspension on water agar
-picked a spore and placed on Malt Extract Agar (MEA)
-incubated it under dark incubation at temperatures ranging from 25-30 degrees celcius
..ive done this several times but there was no germination.
i also tried letting it germinate on water agar but after seeing it under the microscope, the spores did not germinate at all...
please help me..im hoping to graduate this october..if only i can finish my thesis...HHHEEELLLPPPP!!!!!
u can reach me here or through e mail unveiled2004@yahoo.com...thank you
any suggestions or corrections on my method will be highly appreciated

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineP.Menace
Contradicting the Status Quo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Let Me See Potato Salad!!...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: single spore germination query [Re: unveiled]
    #8222844 - 04/01/08 01:23 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

you could have Un-Viable spores... Try getting some fresh new ones and try again... your on the right track with what your doing

Edit: Im on the Imperial system and dont really know the exchange but I think, THINK... 27C is too high to begin with and you should lower it to 25-26C... The Imperial measurement just in case your able to convert it, 81f is the highest accepted temperature to MOST mushroom cultures

--------------------

http://www.sporeworksgallery.com/Cubensae/Psilocybe_cubensis_Menace

roby000 said: thats true a shotgun is almost like a college degree in a sense that if you show it to the right person at the right time you could make a lot of money.

Edited by P.Menace (04/01/08 01:27 AM)

Offlineunveiled
Stranger
Re: single spore germination query [Re: P.Menace]
    #8225857 - 04/01/08 07:32 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

ok thanks! ive made spore prints and inoculated it to MEA right after iv collected the spore print..does that count as fresh? teehee...thanks...keep 'em comin'! appreciate it!:)

InvisibledrftNV
aspirant
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8227154 - 04/02/08 12:57 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

this might help, it sounds like what you are doing.
it looks like Workman let them germinate on the first petri, before moving isolates to another petri to grow out. from your post it sounds like you tried to do it all in one step...
if nothing germinates on the first petri then yeah, unviable spores or something, but they should be already germinated before you isolate

Offlineunveiled
Stranger
Re: single spore germination query [Re: drftNV]
    #8230533 - 04/02/08 08:27 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

ok il check that...:thumbup:
ive read something on dehydrating and rehydrating spores to brek dormancy..is it possible to do that on oyster mushrom spores? if so, how do you do it?;)

InvisibledrftNV
aspirant
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8231445 - 04/02/08 11:26 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

you'd need to rehydrate spores if you had an old spore print, and it seems is not required for a fresh one. its as simple as using wet agar (using 2/3rds the agar thats called for) or by letting the spores sit in a syringe for a while before use.

not sure of any specifics on the oysters, you might want to ask in the Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms forum

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags