Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesixletterscurvy
User of Search Engine
Male User Gallery

pasteurization question for casing
    #8218372 - 03/31/08 07:10 AM (16 years, 19 days ago)

First off, Ive been searching the site and fungifun for like an hour and I havnt been able to find an exact answer for anything but poo, which im not using.

I have a pressure cooker that will hold about 3-4 half pints, its not very deep and would definitely not hold a big ol quart jar. But i dont even know if thats to be used. Im also using the 50/50 tek with verm/peat/oyster shell and lime if i can get it in time, but ive been told i can just use the oyster shell for now (right?)

Ok, the main question: What technique should I use to pasteurize my ingredients, and what of the ingredients will I pasteurize, and in what order if not all together at the same time. Obviously I would do vermiculite by itself because I plan to put a small layer of it on the bottom (i know its not NECESARRY but im going to anyways:shocked:). Would I do the peat and the oyster/lime together?

Ive heard that I can PC these ingredients, Ive heard theres a way to straight microwave them, ive also heard you can just put them in a pot and boil them (if so what degrees, ive heard 175 F) If the pot method, do I need to buy some fancy ovenbag or just oldschool a pillowcase?

Muchos Gracias, Hongos Magicas.:mushroom2:

--------------------
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
-HST

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblenalyudi
he runs about
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Oak Savanna Region
Re: pasteurization question for casing [Re: sixletterscurvy]
    #8218386 - 03/31/08 07:23 AM (16 years, 19 days ago)

mix all ingredients, then you can pasteurize in a pillow case, bag, etc at 170 for an hour or you can sterilize it with your pc. tis up to you. different people will tell you to do different things (this info was pulled of the 50/50+ tek btw)

Invisiblemyelination
psychopharmacologist
 User Gallery

Re: pasteurization question for casing [Re: nalyudi]
    #8218850 - 03/31/08 10:56 AM (16 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

nalyudi said:
mix all ingredients, then you can pasteurize in a pillow case, bag, etc at 170 for an hour or you can sterilize it with your pc. tis up to you. different people will tell you to do different things (this info was pulled of the 50/50+ tek btw)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder