Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBEEP

might experiment
    #8217302 - 03/30/08 11:01 PM (16 years, 2 days ago)

has anyone tried substituting brf (pf tek) for worm castings or coffee (nitrogen) i heard somewhere mushrooms love nitrogen and it makes them big and strong :smile: as soon as my 1/2 pints are out of use, I'm going to try these (using 2 parts verm/1part water/1part worm castings coffee brf mixes)

I'm going to try.

verm/water/half brf half coffee grounds.

verm/water/coffee.

verm water coffee and worm castings.

verm water worm castings.

you get it.

so has anyone tried this already? why would it be a good idea or bad? i get such small fruits on brf, an would like to get a higher nitrogen level for larger fruits. would myc even grow on this stuff, know any pros and cons etc?

input, constructive criticism and feedback welcome and wanted, any tips too, like dehydrating the worm castings in the oven, fresh coffee grounds or used dehydrated or not (proper moisture content) if i don't dehydrate i might have to tweak the amount of water i use on the verm (or maybe not?) would the oven burn away all the nutrients I'm doing this for?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMadnessinc
Shrooming

Re: might experiment [Re: BEEP]
    #8219506 - 03/31/08 01:44 PM (16 years, 1 day ago)

There's this worm tea product, I'm too lazy to do a search for it right now. Basically they took worm casing, boiled it, strained it, and sell it. I've read good reports about using that instead of water. But run your experiment, and post it in the grow logs, and let us know the results.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract