Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecrazyoutlaw
~tHa gANgsTa,ThEKILla,& tHa doPedeaLeR~
Male

~Half-Pint LC..Double Tyek??~
    #8207401 - 03/28/08 05:22 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Ok so I'm planning on doing a honeywater LC using a half-pint widemouth jar.I know this is kinda too small for a LC..but it's the only jar I have around.Anyways, If I swirl the honeywater daily..the bottom tyvek layer will get wet..and I heard wet tyvek=disaster.So,can I add two(even three)tyvek layers,one on top of the lid and one on the bottom(So if one layer gets wet,the other will stay dry)??How important is Gas Exchange to LC's??Also..would all the layers of tyvek create a vaccum in the jar?:confused:Thanks in advance.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecrazyoutlaw
Male

Re: ~Half-Pint LC..Double Tyek??~ [Re: crazyoutlaw]
    #8207732 - 03/28/08 06:37 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

bump??

Invisiblesmokedout420
The EnlightenedOne
Male User Gallery

Re: ~Half-Pint LC..Double Tyek??~ [Re: crazyoutlaw]
    #8208413 - 03/28/08 09:39 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

i like using this tek.

"hippie3 tek"

it's 2 silicone ports and a airport syringe.
at first i was diggin the syringe filters, but they cost to much also if you accidentally get em wet it's over "time to trash the filter".

which really goes with both the airport tek, and the syringe filters. it just hard to get a airport syringe wet plus polyfil cost $3 for a big bag. syringe filters cost $3 a piece.

the plus side of the airport is you can pull the syringe out or leave it in.
plus the way i use them i made a diy magnetic stirrer and leave the syringe in. when i stir the lc it pulls fresh air in. the syringe filter work the same, but if you dont use a stir plate you have to swirl the lc to break up the lc which will eventually get you filter wet which will cause a contam.

so be careful if you do use a syringe filter. airport you can put in and pull out the syringe and shake.

don't forget to flame sterilize and wipe with alcohol every time you use. plus pc for 25 min @ 15 psi every 10 days and the 1st time build to keep sterile. it really isn't as bad as it sounds trust me. i rather pc the airport then risk getting syringe filter wet and starting over.

silicone ports also can handle 100 stabs b4 having scrap off and replace.

airport syringe

or

syringe filters

hope this makes since im extremely tired. just look over and you'll see what i mean.

Edited by smokedout420 (03/29/08 03:12 PM)

Invisiblecrazyoutlaw
Male

Re: ~Half-Pint LC..Double Tyek??~ [Re: smokedout420]
    #8208847 - 03/28/08 11:50 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

dam..nobodys posin

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
    #8208946 - 03/29/08 12:43 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

that's brilliant man.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Invisiblesmokedout420
The EnlightenedOne
Male User Gallery

Re: ~Half-Pint LC..Double Tyek??~ [Re: ScavengerType]
    #8211045 - 03/29/08 04:39 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

well i try my best to give the best information and also let you see both to make your own choice. gave you both pro's and con's and have tested them both out myself. so now it's your choice to what works for you. granted the syringe filters look more professional and which also takes professional care meaning don't get it wet use a stirrer. airport filter works great you don't have to leave them in and over all doesn't look bad either unless you keep them inside the lc.

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

#8211352 - 03/29/08 05:52 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Hey I've been looking at going to silicone injection ports for all my non-cakes (maby just lc Preschooler had a good guide for simple filter disks) Is any silicone good at the temps of sterilization?

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
Conquer's Club

Invisiblesmokedout420
The EnlightenedOne
Male User Gallery

#8212222 - 03/29/08 08:51 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

silicone 2 works for me. keep in mind tyvek contams to if it gets wet. idk what tek preschooler uses i just thought i those the tyvek part out there, but once again as many has said "my way might work for 75 out of 100 people. so each there own. whatever works for you might not work for the next guy."

InvisiblePeterthinks
(Caulking) gun for hire

#8212328 - 03/29/08 09:14 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

That's pretty cool!
I use a smaller version, just the needle stuffed with cotton.
It gets stuck in and PCd with the LC I even give it a little foil hat to keep the cotton dry in the PC.
If I feel a little paranoid I'll put a drop of alcohol on the cotton.
An added bonus is as the PC cools and draws in air the LC already has a filter on it.
I make two silicone injection ports as you can see, one just to leave the needle/filter in and another to draw from.
1+1/2 inch 18 gauge by the way....not for any particular reason, just cause that's what I have.
Shorter/wider may be better.
:jester:

--------------------
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for the rest of the night.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
NEWB NEWBIE NEWCOMER IGNORANT? QUESTIONS?
Click HERE HERE HERE HERE For detailed instructions with pictures on how to grow mushrooms. There is a lot of info on the Shroomery and this is what you need to know.

Invisiblesmokedout420
The EnlightenedOne
Male User Gallery

Re: ~Half-Pint LC..Double Tyek??~ [Re: Peterthinks]
    #8212372 - 03/29/08 09:21 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

i been thinkin of cutting the syringe down to about 2" just so that big ass syringe aint chillin there.

Offlinecokaznrebel
BBQ CHK CHZ STK

Loc: Mile High
    #8212394 - 03/29/08 09:26 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

For my half-pint LC's I just use 1 tablespoon of karo then add water and stir. I then put on the lid (with a 1/4 inch hole), tyvek, then the ring, then foil. I PC then im done, but i only get 4-5 syringes worth of liquid from the LC since its only karo and no stirrer.

InvisiblePeterthinks
(Caulking) gun for hire

#8212460 - 03/29/08 09:39 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

smokedout420 said:
i been thinkin of cutting the syringe down to about 2" just so that big ass syringe aint chillin there.

Go for it.
I just got the needle itself for mine and no problems.
not enough cotton to fill my ear but it works.
Packed in hard by the way but it breaks that annoying vacuum cleanly.
My magnetic stir sticks are finishing nails dipped in silicone by the way.
100% pure clear silicone...NOT the anti fungal bathroom silicone!
I almost crapped when I read the label on that one!
I wonder if that would kill a LC?
My LC is 4 CC of cooking molasses to one liter water by the way(that's why it's gold colored), not see thru but the mushrooms love it!

--------------------
Click HERE HERE HERE HERE For detailed instructions with pictures on how to grow mushrooms. There is a lot of info on the Shroomery and this is what you need to know.

Edited by Peterthinks (03/29/08 09:42 PM)

Invisiblesmokedout420
The EnlightenedOne
Male User Gallery

Re: ~Half-Pint LC..Double Tyek??~ [Re: Peterthinks]
    #8212525 - 03/29/08 09:52 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

i just use a nail bronz like nails no rust so far we'll see. been almost 2 weeks. about to test my lc in a day or 2. got 3 of sa, gt, & z

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

#8212730 - 03/29/08 10:25 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

ahhh that's what I was asking I do have some kitchen and bathroom silicone with the anti-fungal/mold stuff in it and I was wondering if it would have an impact on my LC. Actually thinking about it if I can make a lot of LC I may just use it to inoculate the jars.

--------------------
Conquer's Club

InvisiblePeterthinks
(Caulking) gun for hire

#8212772 - 03/29/08 10:32 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

LC to grain or jars is FAST!
No waiting for germination so you save time.
only down side is contamination can hide in a LC and you can ruin a LOT of stuff quick.
Test on agar or one jar to make sure it's OK.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale