Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineiiiSENiii
journeyman

Humidifier Help
    #819650 - 08/16/02 06:13 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Hi, I got a humidifier that I found in my basement today, pretty big and bulky, but I dont care, as it should still work. The only problem is I cant figure out how to use the damn thing! Its really wierd, and Ill try to explain as best as possible hoping someone else has the same one.

Its a DURACRAFT brand one, and its in three pieces. The middle piece has 2 dials on it. One for the fan power and one for the humidity level. Now, its wierd cuz when I turn it on, theres a power light and a humid light. When the humidity level is set on max, the fan runs, but when i turn it down a bit, the fan goes off and the humid light goes on!? [it wasnt on before]

Now, that is the middle piece, and there are two identical side pieces. Theyre like clear plastic jug like things. On the bottom they have these circle thigns that screw off, with a little pin like thing in them. When the pin is pushed, you can see that it pushes up on a little thing and opens a valve sort of into the inside. Where you set these on the base, there are pegs that push these pins in.

Now on the base, where the middle part sits, theres this frame type thign to hold the sponge. It doesnt have a spong but Im sure I can buy one at Home Depot.

Now, my thinking is, that you fill these two side jugs up with water, and moisten the sponge, and then set all the pieces together. Then, the pegs should lift the poins and it should kinda fill the base with water so the sponge will always be wet. I dont know how it would keep from overflowinging, but obviously im sure it will. Then you turn on the fan, and voila. The main concern is with that 'humid' light. When the humidity level is set to its highest, its off, and the fan runs, but when i turn it down about 3 notches, it turns the fan off. [theres 12 notches] So im thinking its kinda like those aquarium heaters. You set it to a certain humidity, and it runs until it reaches that humidity, and then when it detects it, the HUMID light goes on [signaling it has reached the desired level] and turns off the fan. When the humidity d5ops it goes back on.

But if this is so then it doesnt seem like it could offer good humidity for my cakes. Because on like setting 8 or 9, its already matchign the humidity of the outside air. Now tis summer and can get pretty humid, but what do you think?

So is that how it would be used? Do you know if I NEED the sponge for it or if a regular sponge cut to size would work? Think it willl get humid enough?

Thanks

--------------------
You're in the what now?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Loc: Georgia
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: iiiSENiii]
    #819740 - 08/16/02 06:39 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

OfflineiiiSENiii
journeyman

Re: Humidifier Help [Re: Macey Howard]
    #819786 - 08/16/02 06:56 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Thank you! I have been looking for info on the damn thing for a while, and they had the modle right on that page there!

http://hcpretail.honeywell.com/HCP_Store/catalog/productdisplay.asp?modelnum=DH4C

Thats the one Ive got.

One final question. Its kinda mucky inside, like crusty mold. The same kind I seem to get on my aquarium filter if I dont change it. [the out of tank kind] Obviously it wouldnt be good to run like this, so Ive got a few days before I need my terrarium setup, so what would be best to clean all that out? Straight water would take a long time and wouldnt do the job thuroughly, so dop you think bleach would be okay?

Thanks

--------------------
You're in the what now?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom