Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

The Universe before the Age of Chemistry
    #8186029 - 03/24/08 03:59 AM (16 years, 27 days ago)

In the Big Bang model of the universe, we now live in the Age of Chemistry. The universe has cooled down enough for there to be atoms, and proton decay hasn't snatched them away from us to make way for the era of Black Holes and later still, that of the Void.

I saw a nifty equasion the other day where a Neutron decays to a proton and electron, plopping out into the primordial atom basically.

Does anyone know more about the particles and succession of particles immediately after the Big Bang?

How much of the Hydrogen that exists today came into being as a gush of Neutrons during the big bang, which subsequently decayed?

Does someone have a good writeup about the actual nucleosynthetic processes of the birth of the universe, with all the reactions etc, or wants to do a little overview? The earlier on in the timeline, the more interested I am :smile:

Sure I know of primordial Hydrogen, Helium, Lithium and Beryllium isotopes but theres some holes in my understanding of the theory I'm uncomfortable with.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNephlyte
Misfortunate One
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: The Universe before the Age of Chemistry [Re: Asante]
    #8188285 - 03/24/08 05:39 PM (16 years, 26 days ago)

I unfortunately don't have much good information on that subject, but hopefully someone else here does because i'd like to read more info related to this subject.

As a child i always thought of the big bang of an explosion or expansion of some sort and just spit out all the matter that currently exists. It never sat right with me.

Later in life, as i read more about how the universe actually had to go from a huge mass of subatomic particles to atoms, then through fusion furnaces into all the elements we know and love, it is really amazing and very interesting.

This is particularly why it doesn't strike me odd that we can create shit like anti-matter. Think of all the things that were destroyed and made new seconds after the big bang. A whole slew of subatomic particles were probably created in that first instant of the universe that cannot exist in this reality and were instantly destroyed.

--------------------
"To do right is to know what you want. Now when you are dissatisfied with yourself it's because you are after something you don't really want. What objects are you proposing to yourself? Are they the objects you really value? If they are not, you are cheating yourself. I don't meant that if you chose to pursue the objects you most value, you will attain them; of course not. Your experience will tell you that. But success in getting after much labor what you really don't care for is the bitterest and most ridiculous failure." -George Santayana

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order