Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineShiVersblood
VAmPiRES HELLA ❤
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: United States of America Flag
Just got out of Psych Ward
    #8181175 - 03/22/08 08:20 PM (16 years, 9 days ago)

I just got out of the Psych ward yesterday. It was really stupid. I was at home drinking rum by myself, and feeling kinda depressed. I was worried about my future leading nowhere, not having friends, my g/f saying she needed some space, etc basically. And the alcohol increased my feelings kinda. Like I started drinking at 6:00 pm and was feeling good but then started feeling sad. And I got in a fight with my girlfrend on the phone. She was saying how Im dumb, cant figure out directions she always has to tell me where to turn when we are driving, how I dont show enough emotion, how I hardly ever laugh or smile. How she is only dating me cuz I'm sexy. How Im too shy around other people. Then I just got pissed and sad and cut my wrists with a razor but, it wasnt very bad at all really.

Then Im sitting there finishing off the bottle of rum. Then I call this guy from Church. We are talking for a hour about different stuff. Then I tell him I just wanna kill myself. He says he isnt equiped to talk about things like this and cant really help me. I say ok. Then I go upstaires later to cook some pasta to eat. Then I hear the doorbell ring and I look out and see flashlights being flashed in through the window and theres cops, and they are yelling stuff through the window by the door and I awnser it, and try to walk outside and they push me back inside. 4 cops walk in and they say someone called them saying I said I wanted to kill myself and I say he is lying and try to push past them to get outside and they tackle meto the ground and handcuff me and put me in the back of the police car.

They take me to the hospital. I start screaming I have no insurance and get up out of the chair and try to run to a door and get tackled and they put me on a bed on my stomach with my wrists strapped down for a few hours, then they take me upstaires to the psych ward.

It was boreing. I had a room, and a common room with tables, chaires and a T.V. Most the guys seemed my age except for a few older people. A few of the people were really wierd and you couldn't understand them. Most the people were there for trying to kill themselves. They had meetings 2 times a day, where we talk about our feelings, anxiety, relationships, and some other things they talked about. I was there for two and half days. I went in on Tuesday March 19 2008 at around 4:00 A.M and got home yesterday Friday 22, March 2008. And I was given a summons ticket for Third degree assault by pushing.

--------------------
Retiro Equipaje. Mas uno por favor Cerveza, es mas fina. Psalm 706:6

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Just got out of Psych Ward [Re: ShiVersblood]
    #8181188 - 03/22/08 08:23 PM (16 years, 9 days ago)

The whole response to this is kind of baffling. I understand it's motivated, on the most basic level, by a concern for human life and the desire to protect it, but jesus, is the way to approach a possible suicide victim to toss him into the psych ward, removing him from his house against his will? Yikes.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #8181198 - 03/22/08 08:24 PM (16 years, 9 days ago)

Well, Im not sure what to say man..

You live and you learn.

Offlinebiggysmall
Stranger
Male

Loc: your moms bedroom
Re: Just got out of Psych Ward [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #8181223 - 03/22/08 08:29 PM (16 years, 9 days ago)

moral, smoke weed. Don't drink alcohol.

OfflineBubba McMushies
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Just got out of Psych Ward [Re: biggysmall]
    #8181278 - 03/22/08 08:42 PM (16 years, 9 days ago)

Damn I think that being treated like that would make someone want to kill themselves more.... Faggot pigs!!

--------------------
SPAWN CALCULATOR!

Invisibleawesomebastard
Lost
Male User Gallery

Re: Just got out of Psych Ward [Re: Bubba McMushies]
    #8181379 - 03/22/08 09:06 PM (16 years, 9 days ago)

Ya of all the fundamental rights a sentient being should have it is the right to choose whether or not to exist.  My buddy wanted to kill himself and they did the exact same thing. 

I dont want you to hurt your self:nonono:, but do believe suicide to be a persons choice.

BTW, I really enjoyed the part about how you screamed "I dont have insurance" and tried to run away.

--------------------
"Absolute certainty is a privilege of uneducated minds and fanatics." ~ C.J. Keyser

Mr. Cypher said: "I just tell the girls how sexy I am and their panties melt."

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: Just got out of Psych Ward [Re: Bubba McMushies]
    #8181395 - 03/22/08 09:12 PM (16 years, 9 days ago)

Just remember- in America you do not own your life.

You may not use it as you please. (get a job, pay taxes, drugs are out of the question.)

You may not even end it if you do not like the conditions.

Be wary of authority.

But feel better man, come here and talk if you need to.

I believe in the right to suicide- but it can be very mentally distorting to contemplate, feel free to come and talk to me/us if you want to bounce ideas around.

I'm sure this will make me some sort of a terrorist- but I find the place of suicide in (especially historic) Japanese culture (seppuku) to be very honorable. To me it demonstrates the triumph of human willpower over the selfishness of human survival instincts. I also believe that any suicide bomber is as honorable as any soldier behind a rifle, anyone can decide he is morally justified in killing if there is no cost to him; but to actually be willing to give your life to kill means that you have a devotion to what you are doing, and not just a superiority complex.

If I were ever given an unreasonable sentence in punishment for my cultural beliefs (about drugs) I would very seriously consider giving a public statement about the injustice of the drug war, and how I was a well intentioned citizen who has lead a completely non-violent life, and then killing myself.

In conclusion, try and avoid the pigs. Be aware that you have the right to end your life if you choose to. But also be aware that this type of thinking can sometimes overpower you, and always keep in mind the great value of your life. Try and find open minded people who you can share your ideas with free of their judgment and intervention.

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

InvisibleLayYouIn
Taurus
Male User Gallery

Loc: Organ
    #8181417 - 03/22/08 09:16 PM (16 years, 9 days ago)

did you really want to kill yourself? or did you just say it to get a reaction from him?

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Just got out of Psych Ward [Re: LayYouIn]
    #8181488 - 03/22/08 09:33 PM (16 years, 9 days ago)

awesome, i'm going to have to try that on someone.

what state are you in?

thats pretty sick you just call the cops and say someone said they're going to kill themselves and they do an instant home invasion.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

Loc: A Church
Re: Just got out of Psych Ward *DELETED* [Re: truekimbo2]
    #8181497 - 03/22/08 09:36 PM (16 years, 9 days ago)

Post deleted by Chemy

Reason for deletion: Reason for deleting?

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

Get help, help is free and available 24/7/365.

God bless you all and I hope you receive the help you need to turn away from your lives of sin.

Mushrooms and drugs make you gay, you can reverse this homosexual condition with rehab, get help! Stop being gay!

Invisibleappleorange
Rainbow Technician
 User Gallery

Loc: Reykjavík
Re: Just got out of Psych Ward [Re: truekimbo2]
    #8181513 - 03/22/08 09:41 PM (16 years, 9 days ago)

Wow. They just assumed that because someone called claiming you wanted to kill yourself that this was true?

Wait, were your wrists bleeding? I guess that would be a pretty good clue.

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
Re: Just got out of Psych Ward [Re: Chemy]
    #8181518 - 03/22/08 09:42 PM (16 years, 9 days ago)

I'm sorry to hear that you were feeling so low. We've all been there, at least I have, recently I had a terrible depression that I couldn't find my way out of, I just tried to think positively and I called a bunch of people.

Honestly, talking to other people and telling them how you feel is the best cure for depression.

Don't let it get to that point again, being in good mental health of a constant act of maintanence.

--------------------

OfflineShiVersblood
VAmPiRES HELLA ❤
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: United States of America Flag
Re: Just got out of Psych Ward [Re: LayYouIn]
    #8181545 - 03/22/08 09:48 PM (16 years, 9 days ago)

I was thinking about it. I didn't know this before but While I was in there I found out all you have do is say your thinking about killing yourself in order for someone to addmitt you. Looking back on it I probaly would not have been addmitted if I calmly told the police officers that I did not want to kill myself. But instead I was screaming at them and calling them names and then tried running outside where they grabbed me.

--------------------
Retiro Equipaje. Mas uno por favor Cerveza, es mas fina. Psalm 706:6

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: Just got out of Psych Ward [Re: truekimbo2]
    #8181552 - 03/22/08 09:50 PM (16 years, 9 days ago)

You should see what they do if you call them and say he's trying to kill himself with heroin!

Pepper spray, tazers, rubber bullets, batons, flash bangs...

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

Invisibleappleorange
Rainbow Technician
 User Gallery

Loc: Reykjavík
Re: Just got out of Psych Ward [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #8181570 - 03/22/08 09:56 PM (16 years, 9 days ago)

I had a friend who got committed once for attempting suicide and he said the ward they sent him too was absolutely pointless.

He was allowed to watch tv, have 2 cigarette breaks, and could read the bible.

Once every couple days he had a 15 minute meeting with a guy who asked pointless questions. "Why are you sad?" "Have you ever considered accepting christ?"

I always thought that at mental wards you got top notch psycho-therapy and great drugs. I was totally wrong.

OfflineSpenny
S M I L 3

Re: Just got out of Psych Ward [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #8181587 - 03/22/08 09:59 PM (16 years, 9 days ago)

It's kind of a bitch when you have those feelings and you want to let them loose - but if you do you can be seen as a danger to yourself and get in a situation like yourself.

That really sucks man. But you're out now at least.

OfflineFlusH
Random person on Internet

Loc: Bizzaro World
    #8182305 - 03/23/08 01:20 AM (16 years, 9 days ago)

Good job for making it over the coo-coo's nest ;D

I would fight that summons for third degree assault, that is just bullshit!

OfflineHelixx
Mood:Fragglerocked
Male User Gallery

Re: Just got out of Psych Ward [Re: FlusH]
    #8182362 - 03/23/08 01:48 AM (16 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

FlusH said:
Good job for making it over the coo-coo's nest ;D

I would fight that summons for third degree assault, that is just bullshit!

QFT. Thats one fight you can win.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale