Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast
Why do we see pyramids being universally built in ancient cultures
    #8156485 - 03/17/08 09:06 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I have an answer.

Imagine youself an early man, completely devoid of the scientific knowledge you possess, and perhaps use for granted. You have knowledge of one thing, that you exist. You don't know that the sky is above you, or that the moon is anything but a round orb in your vision you can never seem to reach. You aren't aware that there is a way to measure how far it, or anything else, is from you except through traveling there. Early man may not have had self awareness, and like a child, he may not have known that when he saw his reflection it was actually himself.

Ok, with that foundation being made, now for the core of it.

1. Look up as hard as you can, not with you head, simply move your eyes upward towards the middle of your forehead.

Your brow obscures your vision slightly where your eyes meet in the center of your head, it looks like a wide "V"

The V is the shape of the pyramids.

2. While the first part is fairly unconvincing, try to concentrate on your ears while doing this excercise. What do you hear? If you look up high enough you will start to hear a sound. The sound itself resembles something very familiar, "Ra"

So, like early man, you have just hoisted your eyes into the heavens, and what you cannot see you explain to be "Ra"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNlightNd1
∇Δ∇Δ∇Δ∇
Male User Gallery

Loc: Holographic Omniverse
Re: Why do we see pyramids being universally built in ancient cultures [Re: xFrockx]
    #8158466 - 03/17/08 06:05 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not sure I have any idea what you are talking about. I have to disagree with you on your opinion of early man. Early man was very intelligent and some were much more intelligent than many people alive today. I guarantee you that hominids were even more intelligent than what you have described.

--------------------
Turn off your mind, relax and floatdown stream. It is not dying. Lay down all thought, surrender to the void. It is shining.

:darkside: Pink Floyd :darkside:

OfflineLSDaytripper
Believer
Male

Loc: Ohio
Re: Why do we see pyramids being universally built in ancient cultures [Re: NlightNd1]
    #8158489 - 03/17/08 06:08 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Seems highly, highly unlikely to me.

--------------------
***** (10:42:46 PM): This is so strange
***** (10:42:53 PM): Becuase I feel that I am very altered
***** (10:42:57 PM): But at the same exact time
***** (10:43:28 PM): I am closer to the real me, the real me who decides who I am, the entire me

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: Why do we see pyramids being universally built in ancient cultures [Re: xFrockx]
    #8158538 - 03/17/08 06:21 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

You have an answer to a fiction you created? Um, OK.

Before continuing please reference Roman pyramids, Chinese pyramids, Grecian pyramids, Mongolian pyramids, Persian pyramids, etc. then maybe we can discuss.

--------------------

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: Why do we see pyramids being universally built in ancient cultures [Re: LSDaytripper]
    #8158644 - 03/17/08 06:47 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

nah........

I think its just some archetype.
Its a simple shape, and it is often associated with the gods.
Just some shape/archetype, like the circle.
It has primal meaning beyond the shape its self.
Take 1700 mics of lsd or alot less and find out more..lol

These cultures found math fascinating, go figure they often would associate maths with god or gods. Like the mayans.
Also it is an interesting shape.
Most of these cultures had primarily square living spaces.
The pyrimid is a way to differentiate the common man from the divine, a sacred bloodline, or both.
------------------------------------------------

And then there are the weird ass theories out there.
It could be because these cultures have some common backbone we dont know about.
Such as aliens.
One true god
or vast travels that lead these cultures to influence each other half way across the earth.
-------------------------------------------------------

The mayans could have made a fucking rectangular sky-scraper If they wanted.
A rectangle cannot express the maths they wanted to sort of exist within the building.

Instead they used a more complex and interesting shape to express the divine. A step pyramid.

Those mayan temples are often purposefully and ridiculously mathematical. Also, the spaces between the temples also show this insane planning.

All sorts of reasonable ideas as to why all these pyramids have been made by all these different cultures.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Invisible04281969
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Re: Why do we see pyramids being universally built in ancient cultures [Re: yageman]
    #8158708 - 03/17/08 07:02 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

It's simply the most stable shape. You can even make one with sand.

And the reason the earth is round is because the sphere has the least surface area.

Sometimes natural conditions dictate the shape.

That's my theory.

Offlineshadowed
Nestled in theback of yourmind
Male

Loc: the SW
Re: Why do we see pyramids being universally built in ancient cultures [Re: yageman]
    #8158758 - 03/17/08 07:14 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Many pyramids, such as those in Aztec and Mayan civilizations, were built and used as observatories for astronomy as well as for calendars. They were built very accurately, and show a superior knowledge of math and geometry.

Trust me, they all know that the moon wasn't just a "random orb in their vision." Hell, look at all of the animals on Earth that live in a cycle dependent on the moon. Even something like Coral in the ocean (yes, underwater!) uses the moon to know when to release billions of spores into the ocean to spawn new coral.

Man has come quite far in the past few millennia, but man's brain is surprisingly unchanged throughout those thousands of years.

--------------------
Life is just a flashback...

I may have gone a bit too far, I fear
Will I get out of it this time?
What was I thinking, taking this leap
I thought I knew where we would go
If only I knew, I had no idea.

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: Andromeda Galaxy
    #8158857 - 03/17/08 07:32 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

pshh no! theyre all alien landing pads duh!

--------------------
And they wandered off.. nine ways till bedfast.
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: Why do we see pyramids being universally built in ancient cultures [Re: Zinglons Acolyte]
    #8158889 - 03/17/08 07:37 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Zinglons Acolyte said:
pshh no! theyre all alien landing pads duh!

Toally!

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

OfflineDimensionX
King of Birds
Male

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: Why do we see pyramids being universally built in ancient cultures [Re: 04281969]
    #8158992 - 03/17/08 08:06 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

The pyramid is one of the stongest, if not the strongest structures you can build. Thats why they are so popular. Early humans had the same state of awareness we have now, they just had less scientific knowledge. I dont understand why some people think that because someone was born before them they are in some way less intelligent, we are still the same speicies.

Offlineb0b gnarley
Hold my beer and watch this!
 User Gallery

Loc: The Bounds of Reality
    #8159009 - 03/17/08 08:11 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

xFrockx said:
2. While the first part is fairly unconvincing, try to concentrate on your ears while doing this excercise.  What do you hear?  If you look up high enough you will start to hear a sound.  The sound itself resembles something very familiar, "Ra"

So, like early man, you have just hoisted your eyes into the heavens, and what you cannot see you explain to be "Ra"

:flowstone::lol::rofl:

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Why do we see pyramids being universally built in ancient cultures [Re: DimensionX]
    #8159013 - 03/17/08 08:11 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

you can only go so high without a good crane
but if the wall is less than 3 stories high you can use scaffolding.
the pyramids are like a bunch of stacked short buildings.
one story buildings then step in side enough for scaffolding.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Invisible04281969
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

#8159023 - 03/17/08 08:13 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I got to go to the top of Chichen Itza a couple of years ago. The view of the jungle from the top landing was energizing. From what I hear, someone slipped on the steps and they won't let you climb it anymore. It doesn't look that steep until you start climbing it. Coming down is downright frightening.

Didn't see any UFO's, but the story of Kukulkan is an interesting one.

OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast
Re: Why do we see pyramids being universally built in ancient cultures [Re: 04281969]
    #8159032 - 03/17/08 08:14 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I was tripping my ass off yesterday, lol.

Offlineb0b gnarley
Hold my beer and watch this!
 User Gallery

Loc: The Bounds of Reality
    #8159048 - 03/17/08 08:17 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I understand.

--------------------

OfflineIntronaut
Me
Male

Loc: North America
Re: Why do we see pyramids being universally built in ancient cultures [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #8159111 - 03/17/08 08:32 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Before continuing please reference Roman pyramids, Chinese pyramids, Grecian pyramids, Mongolian pyramids, Persian pyramids, etc. then maybe we can discuss.

Alright :grin:

Pyramid at Cestius (Rome 12 BC)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_of_Cestius

There are MANY (15+) pyramids built by the ancient Greeks
http://www.european-pyramids.net/wb/pages/european-pyramids/greece.php

The Chinese built pyramid burial mounds
http://www.earthquest.co.uk/china/china.html

There are also pyramids built in France (not to Louvre), India, and other parts of the world. 

The Pyramid is a universal structure because it is a universal shape. :confused:
It was probably one of the easiest structures to build.  You could actually climb up the side of the pyramid while you were building it.  Unlike a square building, which would require ladders and such to progress in height.

Edit: I really don't agree with the original poster's theory.:mushroom2::crazy2::mushroom2:

Edited by Intronaut (03/17/08 08:40 PM)

Offlinefuture
Stranger
Re: Why do we see pyramids being universally built in ancient cultures [Re: Intronaut]
    #8159157 - 03/17/08 08:42 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

naw I see what he's onto here, i'm assuming he just came off a trip as well since i'm on that level of thinking that he is.

Interesting, i'll have to ponder it when i'm more in tune, thanks.

--------------------
I am the fakest person on this site. I only pretend to grow and consume illegal mushrooms. I have no knowledge what so ever on any scheduled substance because I know and respect the governing law in the United States of America. All pictures and dialogue posted by me is entirley copyrighted from those who wish to knowingly ignore the laws. I only post these messages as a mere propaganda technique used to gain attention and admiration from others. Thank You

Offlinefuture
Stranger
Re: Why do we see pyramids being universally built in ancient cultures [Re: future]
    #8159162 - 03/17/08 08:43 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

lol when you do this for about 30 seconds and look back at the computer screen, everything is so 3-dimensional.

--------------------
I am the fakest person on this site. I only pretend to grow and consume illegal mushrooms. I have no knowledge what so ever on any scheduled substance because I know and respect the governing law in the United States of America. All pictures and dialogue posted by me is entirley copyrighted from those who wish to knowingly ignore the laws. I only post these messages as a mere propaganda technique used to gain attention and admiration from others. Thank You

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#8159204 - 03/17/08 08:51 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

04281969 said:
I got to go to the top of Chichen Itza a couple of years ago. The view of the jungle from the top landing was energizing. From what I hear, someone slipped on the steps and they won't let you climb it anymore. It doesn't look that steep until you start climbing it. Coming down is downright frightening.

Didn't see any UFO's, but the story of Kukulkan is an interesting one.

Not trying to sound weird or anything but I might as well tell the truth.

I went to mexico for a few weeks and took alot of pictures when I was just a psychedelic kid(17 years).

They were all sky and nature photos for the most part.

Some of the shit anyone can see in those MANY sky photos are very weird...........lol

I dont know why and dont care to theorize.

From (lots of)flying black/brown seeds, to points of bright light protruding the sunset landscape(sun has already set type shit).
Lights like the sun but not visible to me at the time I dont think.

I took a set of photos of the progression of a mid-west mexico sunset in the middle of a jungle on a hill/mountain top(I could have died out there when I think back on it).
About 10 photos.
There are lights captured in the sky that I didnt see at the time.
When I got home from mexico, the whole of the collection really amazed me.
But this series...........lol
Lots of cool photos of wildlife, mostly plants.
These ten photos all had the same thing in them.
A center point of light beyond the clouds and a rotation(like a clock) surrounding it.
A rotation made by 3 smaller lights in a line and they made a perfect full circle over time, and just before I ran out of film.

I didnt see any of this shit when I was taking pictures of this trippy sunset, or any of the other pictures that were well..... filled with sky-born weirdness.
Weird shit that hits you like a brick.

I was never too into ufo's but upon examination, the sky photos are weird as hell 50% of the time.

I dont think this has much to do with my having been in mexico.
Its just a cool and VERY fucking true story.

It is as I said it was and I still have the photos and film.

The flight photos just before landing and sky photos on the way to the rental car after landing.
that shit i did see with my own eyes though.
Perhaps that is why I was so drawn to the sky when occasionally snapping photos.
DOnt ask me why.

This doesnt make me belive anything, but is infact pretty damn weird.

Just a story and its totally true.

My "daddy" was there beside me and my window seat.
He saw, and has no fucking idea either.
He has not seen the pictures I took though.

Next time I make my way, half way across the country Ill have to show them to him.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that Flag
    #8159390 - 03/17/08 09:29 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

yeah, i heard the alien landing pads theory also, not landing pads obviously, as nothing can land on a pyramid. None the less that idea is really cool, or that each pyramid was built facing up towards another solar system or galaxy or universe or whatever. Shit, what purpose would these pyramids facing towards those planets have? shit.. who knows dude, the truth is, even if they piled sand up over the sides of the blocks they already layed down to walk up and put the next layer of blocks down, it's still built by hundreds of fuckin slaves, they were just slave momuments for some crap, the egyptians were obviously rich 1000's of years ago and got people to do whatever they wanted, how could you lift those stones down?

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom