Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemullennium
Noob
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Lake in TEXAS
another nooby start out story
    #8154761 - 03/16/08 07:55 PM (16 years, 15 days ago)

My buddy Sootm who would post if he were able to get past his fear of the machine asked me to post for him. First he wants to say thank you for all the knowledge shared here. He started out finding a supplier of spores then found a kit on ebay during his wait he found these hallowed halls. The spores came in a "New Moon Dark syringe" 20cc he got two strains 20cc of treasure coast and 20cc of gulf coast.
His 1st jars came with the kit 1/2 pints six of them along with water heater, therm/ barom, perlite, tubs, gloves and such
he brought the two together using all 40ccs of solution got squirt happy. two one strain three the other and one 1/2 and 1/2.
he incubated and had a time with regulating the temp a new heater fixed that and after a few scares at high temps the jars colonized after three weeks in the hot box at 85 degrees only one seamed 100% so he sliced off a small um colonized portion of this cake. He only lost one jar to contam at fifty percent colonized.
The fruiting chamber has a air pump with small hepa filter in the hose but he still fans three times a day
5 days later one cake fruits 3 get as tall as a bic lighter then five small and one for sure abort then at 6 days another cake blows up with twenty plus as big and ten or more small ones at harvest. the third cakes has produced some real mutant looking things unlike any he he seen here. They grew small and deformed compared to the first tiny harvest.
he had the first harvest 7 grammes wet one a tray air drying when he got hurt at work and ended up with a day off. he ate them after a day on the tray and they were excellent, very lite giddy then some clear vision a change in perception very worth his time and money. He figured something was right for the potency seamed very good even tho this was his first time he figured it at like .7 grams if it was dried and to feel anything had to be a good sign .
Also he dunk and rolled the first batch he did not cold dunk the second he did cold and the cake that made the first few babys made over a dozen as big as a bic. He plucked the mutants if thats what they are and has them drying until someone can tell him that they are OK could they be from mating the different spores?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemullennium
Noob
Male User Gallery

Re: another nooby start out story [Re: mullennium]
    #8154768 - 03/16/08 07:56 PM (16 years, 15 days ago)

cant figure out how to post pic

OfflinePsuper
Psilocybin

Loc: PNW
    #8154787 - 03/16/08 07:59 PM (16 years, 15 days ago)

~Is it possible your cakes were contaminated by lysol or a bleach solution? ~Pixie~

--------------------
Clinical Management of High Dose Psilocybin Sessions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbHOTIqjZLk

OfflineLuce
Noob
Male

#8154804 - 03/16/08 08:01 PM (16 years, 15 days ago)

or type.....my head hurts.

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
    #8154809 - 03/16/08 08:02 PM (16 years, 15 days ago)

Hes got a fear of the machine.But, brought them off Ebay.:shake:

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

OfflineBejeezis
Mushaboom

Re: another nooby start out story [Re: Brainiac]
    #8154932 - 03/16/08 08:29 PM (16 years, 15 days ago)

I have to agree, ebay is the easiest place to track what people buy and who they are.

Just look at someone's bidding history and you can learn way more about them than most online sites.

As for the mutants... it's very normal from multispore inoculations.

Almost every time i use a syringe i get funkiness to my flushes... tho usually not too much. Maybe one that grows a "bubbly" looking stem or one that the cap gets a funky crease in it.

Eat those bad boys, they will make you just as proud as the pretty ones! :thumbup:

it's just nature doin it's thang!

Cheers!

--------------------

Whether you're here to learn or teach the art of mycology,
do so with an open mind.

My posts are 100% fictional... 
I'm just makin it all up! :wink:

Invisiblemullennium
Noob
Male User Gallery

Re: another nooby start out story [Re: Bejeezis]
    #8154986 - 03/16/08 08:42 PM (16 years, 15 days ago)

Ya he is learning one lesson at a time. the kit from ebay has all but replaced with better bigger parts. He does go crazy with the Lysol.

OfflineBejeezis
Mushaboom

#8155118 - 03/16/08 09:13 PM (16 years, 15 days ago)

Crazy with Lysol is accepted here! :grin:

Lysol is a mycologist's best friend!!
Spray it everywhere, spray it often, stock up!

If your friend is WAY into sanitary procedures, meticulously and pain stinkingly cleaning everything that comes in contact or comes within a 10 foot radius of his work area... he'll be rewarded with the joy of abundant success in terms of contamination avoidance.

I am unfortunately one of those hasty mycologists that takes the risks and works in less that optimal sanitary conditions and i pay the price often.

Tell him to keep up his Lysol OCD... it's a good habit!

Just remember that Lycol is like rat poison for mushies so don't go TOOO crazy! :smirk:

Cheers!

Edited by Bejeezis (03/16/08 09:16 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag