Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

i usually neglect to mention anything that looks like telepathy
    #8153545 - 03/16/08 02:17 PM (16 years, 16 days ago)

this morning I was writing in my diary (in the bath tub), and after I wrote the first line, about two teenagers we saw the night before, my wife entered the bathroom and started talking to me about those 2 girls.

then I wrote some things about the day before (as per my usual habit) and after about 5 minutes finished filling up the page with stuff that happenned and things to do, and in particular I just wrote down that I had to remind my wife to tell a friend to send my daughter an email message, and my wife came into the bathroom again saying "Oh My I have to go and send J. (our friend) M.'s (our daughter's) email address."

it was uncanny - but I think after being close with someone your whole patterns of thought enmesh quite a bit, and you may even begin to breathe together.

Note: I called her in to read the last and first lines that I had written on the page and she was not in the least affected by that.

Although this happens a lot with us, we take little notice of it, and I certainly would not like to concoct scientific tests or create rigidity about the very relaxed circumstances, i.e. naked married people going back and forth between bathrooms and one sitting in a tub writing his journal.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: i usually neglect to mention anything that looks like telepathy [Re: redgreenvines]
    #8153825 - 03/16/08 03:35 PM (16 years, 16 days ago)

It's not telepathy.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: i usually neglect to mention anything that looks like telepathy [Re: Icelander]
    #8153884 - 03/16/08 03:51 PM (16 years, 16 days ago)

It could be.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

InvisibleApollyphelion
Dungeon Master/Princess(1009)
Female User Gallery

Loc: Festival of Deaths
Re: i usually neglect to mention anything that looks like telepathy [Re: Icelander]
    #8153915 - 03/16/08 04:02 PM (16 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
It's not telepathy.

I knew you were gonna say that.

--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion

Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: i usually neglect to mention anything that looks like telepathy [Re: redgreenvines]
    #8154000 - 03/16/08 04:27 PM (16 years, 16 days ago)

A better sign of telepathy would be if the thoughts shared were way out of left field, not an experience you each had the night before.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: i usually neglect to mention anything that looks like telepathy [Re: Ginseng1]
    #8154117 - 03/16/08 04:56 PM (16 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Ginseng1 said:
It could be.

And God and the Flying Spaghetti Monster could be one and the same. But there isn't a whole lot of evidence.

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#8154236 - 03/16/08 05:32 PM (16 years, 16 days ago)

it sure was uncanny to have someone entering the room just as I wrote something they were going to say as they entered the room then showing them the text and neither her nor I did more than chuckle.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#8154260 - 03/16/08 05:38 PM (16 years, 16 days ago)

Yeah, great fun when that happens. It happens most when one has been in long contact with another and paying attention. But IMO it's the result of sharing the same world to some degree. Bound to happen.

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#8154369 - 03/16/08 06:12 PM (16 years, 16 days ago)

i agree that sharing the world is major.
I will go back to
"it's no big deal."

--------------------

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#8154374 - 03/16/08 06:13 PM (16 years, 16 days ago)

lol its being bare to each other but full

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: i usually neglect to mention anything that looks like telepathy [Re: DieCommie]
    #8154403 - 03/16/08 06:20 PM (16 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
A better sign of telepathy would be if the thoughts shared were way out of left field, not an experience you each had the night before.

yes true, one of the issues related to the night before - but the night before was full of many unusual things.
still the other item that we were both obsessing about at the same moment 5 minutes later was a compulsive recollection of a looming duty which had to be performed some time this week unrelated to the previous nite (i.e. getting our friend the email address of our daughter - it was a different friend altogether).

there were plenty of other things to remember to do today, so it seems really odd to settle on these unrelated issues while in separate bathrooms doing really separate things. to write them down and... - well I am repeating myself and really it is no big deal and we do live in the same world pretty closely.

--------------------

Offlinemycould
Stranger

Loc: Somewhere over the Rainbo...
    #8155031 - 03/16/08 08:54 PM (16 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
It's not telepathy.

prove it?

--------------------
Whether you believe you can or believe you cant, either way you're probably right.

Offlinemycould
Stranger

Loc: Somewhere over the Rainbo...
    #8155038 - 03/16/08 08:55 PM (16 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
Quote:

Ginseng1 said:
It could be.

And God and the Flying Spaghetti Monster could be one and the same. But there isn't a whole lot of evidence.

and where is the evidence that disproves it?

--------------------
Whether you believe you can or believe you cant, either way you're probably right.

Invisibleappleorange
Rainbow Technician
 User Gallery

Loc: ReykjavĂ­k
    #8155243 - 03/16/08 09:42 PM (16 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
this morning I was writing in my diary (in the bath tub), and after I wrote the first line, about two teenagers we saw the night before, my wife entered the bathroom and started talking to me about those 2 girls.

then I wrote some things about the day before (as per my usual habit) and after about 5 minutes finished filling up the page with stuff that happenned and things to do, and in particular I just wrote down that I had to remind my wife to tell a friend to send my daughter an email message, and my wife came into the bathroom again saying "Oh My I have to go and send J. (our friend) M.'s (our daughter's) email address."

it was uncanny - but I think after being close with someone your whole patterns of thought enmesh quite a bit, and you may even begin to breathe together.

Note: I called her in to read the last and first lines that I had written on the page and she was not in the least affected by that.

Although this happens a lot with us, we take little notice of it, and I certainly would not like to concoct scientific tests or create rigidity about the very relaxed circumstances, i.e. naked married people going back and forth between bathrooms and one sitting in a tub writing his journal.

i say this sincerely.

you sound like a really cool person redgreen. i wish i knew people like you.

a man that writes in his own bathtub while just casually talking to his wife about telepathy. if that's not cool I don't know what is.

InvisibleCameron
Too Many Words
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #8155998 - 03/17/08 01:36 AM (16 years, 15 days ago)

It's sounds like one of those whackey, out-of-this-world situations to me... what are they called again? Oh yeah, coincidences :lol:

Telepathic powers sure would be fun though  :grizzlybear:

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #8156319 - 03/17/08 07:19 AM (16 years, 15 days ago)

> I usually neglect to mention anything that looks like telepathy

Of all the metaphysical ideas and theories, telepathy is one of the few that I consider highly plausible.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineJackenobi
Hermes
Male

#8156503 - 03/17/08 09:13 AM (16 years, 15 days ago)

i agree that it is along the lines of telepathy,
or otherwise could term it the mild, uncanny

i think a lot of us may experience this,
at the close quarters you describe.

but! the uncanny for me was the title of the thread
though again, it is a shared notion perhaps

it is novel, yes
but not much can be gained from discussion
not really

but it reminds me of something to mention
in the realm of an almost 'clinical' proving of the telepathy of the engaging mind
which is

i was lying in bed, recovering forgotten feelings of peace, a little amidst the migraines i sometimes suffer/experience. but it was dissipating.

i had been experimenting with art as my girlfriend often has artistic materials out
and had painted a 'moon-mind-memory' scene i guess you could call it. i enjoyed myself very much in doing so and experimenting with a visual medium

to cut a short story long,
as i was laying, an image came to my mind, of a feminine figure, arms kind of aloft, with kind of sun beam graphic (often seen, like a sun whose beams are alternate colours in no more than nine or so 'beam' lines if you know what i mean, wow it would be much easier to see it!) it was on a kind of background of radiant grey, filtering a shining yellow through it from beyond.

three days later i watch the movie A.I. which as you probably know addresses issues of life and consciousness and such, on this second viewing i found it to be quite compelling.

so i watched the movie up to the point david gets to the weeping lions, the flooded new york. and its the ai company headquarters. and the image/logo thing the company uses is printed on the glass in the scene when he enters the chamber and finds an alternate david ai child.

and its the exact same thing i saw in the mind's ether those days hence, except of course drawn more sharply in the alpha waves, or waking mind.

i hadn't seen ai for at least 4 years, and had no memory of detail like that and no other attachment to the film.

i was a little bit stunned, but in that understood fashion you may recognise.

i found it beyond synchronicity certainly, truly uncanny. i dont often have these 'mindpaintings' absorb my minds eye either!

perhaps it seems pedestrian? in some ways of course it is. in others it spoke powerfully in an amalgamation of activites, views, illusions and memory. but of course, it is nothing more than a telepathic experience, though rather one that stands out for me on this individual, almost logical basis of experience.

and redgreen, i seem to have un/consciously pastiched your writing style at first in this post!
it was very enjoyable.

is this on topic? apologies for the long-winded explication, but i do enjoying spinning a good/yarn.

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: i usually neglect to mention anything that looks like telepathy [Re: Jackenobi]
    #8156521 - 03/17/08 09:20 AM (16 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

in the realm of an almost 'clinical' proving of the telepathy

No such thing as 'almost proving'. All clinical tests of telepathy have failed.

As to your story, who was 'sending' the image to you? The movie producer/director? Please!

And if you found no matching image, what would that be evidence of?

Quote:

i hadn't seen ai for at least 4 years

Ah, there is your answer. A memory is telepathy now? :rofl2:

--------------------

OfflineJackenobi
Hermes
Male

Re: i usually neglect to mention anything that looks like telepathy [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #8156557 - 03/17/08 09:36 AM (16 years, 15 days ago)

i wasn't claiming it was sent to me by an Other,

and i had NO such memory of a ridiculously fine-detail from a movie that has never been part of my popular consciouness whatsoever.

if it was an image i recognised you would have had a point

it was not.

oh and edit:

i didnt say anything about 'almost proving'

the word 'almost' was acting in qualification of the word 'clinical'. the proving was 'almost clinical'

ie. it was not la-de-da, up in the ether. it was oddly rational.

--------------------
read books

Edited by Jackenobi (03/17/08 09:40 AM)

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

#8156559 - 03/17/08 09:36 AM (16 years, 15 days ago)

Telepathy.  What a joke!! :tongue:

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale