Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGrateful Sage
Grateful Sage
Male

Loc: Right About Here ..... Flag
Multiple Strains, and a question regarding fc's
    #8152077 - 03/16/08 12:29 AM (16 years, 7 days ago)

Just wondering,

Is it safe, practical, or even possible to grow 2 different types of Cubensis strains together? Not in the same cake, but as with one say of golden teacher, and the other of amazon strain? Any imput would be appreciated!

Also for the fruiting chamber. I am usually at work from 9 till 9, a good 12 hours a day, and am not usually home in-between those hours. What are some great ways to keep my fc humidity up and to maximize my harvest without having to give the harvest the most intensive of care.

Thanks so much guys!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsuper
Psilocybin

Loc: PNW
Re: Multiple Strains, and a question regarding fc's [Re: Grateful Sage]
    #8152100 - 03/16/08 12:40 AM (16 years, 7 days ago)

~Yes you can grow two different strains next to eachother.
As regards your fruiting chamber: use an electrical timer along with your humidity source...Test to maintain humidity reading at proper level (prior to fruiting your cakes) and set appropriately with an electrical timer.
:sun: ~Pixie~

--------------------
Clinical Management of High Dose Psilocybin Sessions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbHOTIqjZLk

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Loc: In your Mind, Pedro! In y...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Multiple Strains, and a question regarding fc's [Re: Psuper]
    #8152238 - 03/16/08 01:42 AM (16 years, 6 days ago)

Actually there's no need for a timer to control humidity.
It's one way to maintain a good level of RH but definitely the more complicated and expensive one.

Depending on what kind of FC you use, you could simply use about 5 to six inches of damp perlite to reach a very good level of humidity.

Anyway, the humidity seems to be the smaller problem.
The FAE seems to be the bigger one.

So either you get an electric fanning system or you have to drill holes in your FC which could be a problem if you use a glass terrarium.

You'd have to give us more info on what kind of FC you use!

OfflineGrateful Sage
Grateful Sage
Male

Loc: Right About Here ..... Flag
Re: Multiple Strains, and a question regarding fc's [Re: Fahkface]
    #8152282 - 03/16/08 02:05 AM (16 years, 6 days ago)

Wow, thanks to everyone for their amazing imput, as to answer this question about the FC I am using, I will be using a 70QT/66L Rubbermaid storage box, planning on around 6-8 cakes. I heard that drilling holes is an excellent method to keep ventilation and still able to remain humidity with keeping the lid shut. Any more suggestions as to where I could go from here would be great with my FC.

Also, as kind of a general question. Light? When fruiting, what kind of light (if any) is needed?

Thanks guys!

--------------------

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Loc: In your Mind, Pedro! In y...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Multiple Strains, and a question regarding fc's [Re: Grateful Sage]
    #8152308 - 03/16/08 02:16 AM (16 years, 6 days ago)

Glad we could help, but these are all questions, that had been answered many times before and that belong to the basic knowledge for any cultivator.

Use the
Search Function.

There you'll find all the answerers to your questions :smile:

OfflineMepher
Reverend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Praha, CZK
Re: Multiple Strains, and a question regarding fc's [Re: Fahkface]
    #8152377 - 03/16/08 03:44 AM (16 years, 6 days ago)

GS, when I was starting out, I had great success with Amazons. I used a well ventilated rubbermaid box for the FC - several holes in it stuffed with polyfill and perlite for humidification. That worked great, even in the winter in the very dry apartment I was living in, and I was also gone for 12+ hours at a time pretty frequently. A big tub, even up to around 40 gallons, is only about $5 at my local discount store, and more than enough perlite is about $4. Pretty effective, and economical. Definitely use the search engine here, but don't think your setup needs to be overly complicated with electric humidifiersand stuff.

Most any light source is good enough. Mushies like these just need light to know which way to grow, more or less. Natural daylight from a window works great. I've also seen fantastic results from lights as simple and weak as some white Christmas lights and rope lights suspended over the FC or taped to the inside of the lid (which was nicely discreet). A clear lid would be ideal, or you can cut a hole in the top and use some sort of plastic to cover it.

As for growing multiple strains, they can be in the same FC without any problems. I'm not sure if that answers your question, but you definitely don't want to to do different strains in the same cake/jar/casing. I think hte two would just compete with each other, which is counter productive with nothing to gain.

OfflineJSshroom
dont be paranoid, just aware

Loc: I love that spore drop
Re: Multiple Strains, and a question regarding fc's [Re: Mepher]
    #8152612 - 03/16/08 08:37 AM (16 years, 6 days ago)

drill lots of holes and use perlite. i personally use full auto humidifiers with larger capacity so its not a big deal to run out of water. Check out the RR movie. there is a simple fc tutorial on it that will fix you up

--------------------
First Grow No more carpet tek

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Multiple Strains, and a question regarding fc's [Re: JSshroom]
    #8152717 - 03/16/08 09:22 AM (16 years, 6 days ago)

If you want to mix strains, do so. You can have multiple strains in the same terrarium, or for grins and giggles, you can inoculate a cake with four different strains, one strain per hole. You'll probably not notice anything different from any other multispore grow. This has all been covered hundreds of times, and the information is right here for searching. Strains of the same species are generally compatible.

There's a full terrarium tek on my DVD or you can watch low resolution previews of it on youtube. Search youtube for pf tek, and watch all four parts.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck