Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Merging science and spirituality..
    #814751 - 08/13/02 09:36 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

And on it goes.. society continues an exponential increase of advancements in medicine, technology, the sciences, and yes... even conscious awareness and different states of consciousness. Constantly evolving our species continues moving forward.. making changes to broken systems, attempting to keep everything nice and efficient along the way.

As we progress in our understanding of how things work, we begin to discover things like splitting the atom ...or cloning of humans.

Now maybe I am just foolish, but I feel like you wouldn't want to be experimenting with those sorts of things unless one had a full understanding of the implications and effects those things would have (for the environment which we live on, and us as a species).. This not only requires a knowledge of the science, and physical/technical aspects of the actual process, but also a spiritual understanding of the energy involved and how it will effect the environment (including) yourself.

I dream of a future where chakras are medical fact. Where one could moniter their soul or higher self using advanced biological machines. See what karmic patterns you currently hold, or take a look at the lessons you chose for life..you know..just to stay on track.

Disease? Extremely negatively charged cells. Counter the negative with positive. Restore balance.

And on they advance.. progress, change, revision. Each step along the way getting a little closer to the light of understanding. Soon now we will merge...manifesting along the way

Edited by Shroomism (08/13/02 09:38 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Merging science and spirituality.. [Re: ]
    #814766 - 08/13/02 09:42 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Oh yeah..the main thing I wanted to emphasize is that Technology needs to be made with nature, not against it. Hydrogen powered cars are a good start..

Offlinemirrorsaw
journeyman
    #814825 - 08/13/02 10:09 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Science researches subjects with a $ reward at the end of it. There is nothing evil about that, but governments seem to have little interest in putting them under any kind of ethical restraint on what they do. I read recently (T/F?) that the safety regulations for experimental G.M. crops in the U.S.A. are classified!

Also, Mexican government scientists recently confirmed that 90% of maize fields surveyed had been cross-contaminated with G.M. genes.

I hope that one day soon, the biotech companies are going to be held to account and made to pay big time.

I have seen pro-GM scientists argue that cross pollination is natural and happens all the time!

Edited by mirrorsaw (08/13/02 10:10 AM)

Anonymous

Re: Merging science and spirituality.. [Re: mirrorsaw]
    #814833 - 08/13/02 10:12 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

It would be funny if all of a sudden $ became worthless.

Offlinechemkid
Be excellent toeach other

Loc: Between a rock and a hard...
    #814990 - 08/13/02 11:32 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I agree that all science should be done in an ethical and ecologically sound manner but the understanding that you call for with cloning etc. comes from experimentation. You can't understand something without studying it.

As for the genetically modified foods.........believe me this is all propaganda. Things are being genetically modified on an everyday basis. This is called evolution. Making a cob o corn 15% larger is not going to hurt anyone. You know that in all the time that they have been genetically modifing not one person has become ill due to it. If someone tells you otherwise they are lying. Don't get me wrong.....I am not saying that scientists can't step over the line....they certainly can. Again, they should be ethical and synergistic with nature but at the same time you shouldn't believe all the bullshit that these leftist groups put out.

--------------------
An open mind is the greatest journey of all.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Merging science and spirituality.. [Re: chemkid]
    #815007 - 08/13/02 11:41 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

You know that in all the time that they have been genetically modifing not one person has become ill due to it.

How do you know?

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

#815014 - 08/13/02 11:45 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Technology represents our destruction and salvation.
What will destroy us will also save us.
Science has failed our Earth.
And for what? An easier way to live?
We have pushed ourselves out of our mother's grasp
We have none to blame, we are choosing this way

We came from the stars, we shall go to the stars
The beginning is the end

--------------------

Offlinemirrorsaw
journeyman
    #815039 - 08/13/02 11:53 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

you shouldn't believe all the bullshit that these leftist groups put out

Those groups warn of possible dangers. It is too soon to know what harm will or will not be done. There are many more issues than just food safety.

Don't you believe people have a right to eat non-GM food if they want to?
How can they if the gene pool is contaminated?

The final descision about whether or not a food is safe comes down to the individual consumer, not a government body. They should be labeled so people can choose for themselves. You may well think that the products on the market are safe, but want to boycott them as you believe the biotech companies making them risk causing serious harm to the environment.

Things are being genetically modified on an everyday basis. This is called evolution

nature has a way of keeping things in balance. Are you sure we know enough to be doing are experiments not in a lab, but out in the fields?

Edited by mirrorsaw (08/13/02 11:55 AM)

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #815061 - 08/13/02 12:02 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

nature has a way of keeping things in balance. Are you sure we know enough to be doing are experiments not in a lab, but out in the fields?

I am.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #815272 - 08/13/02 01:50 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Now maybe I am just foolish, but I feel like you wouldn't want to be experimenting with those sorts of things unless one had a full understanding of the implications and effects those things would have...

Not foolish, but naive. It is impossible to have a full understanding of the implications and effects of ANY action. If we followed your advice, we would have stagnated long ago.

When people came up with various refrigerants, it was impossible at the time to portend the ozone depletion.

Now you are for hydrogen powered cars because they run clean and that's great. But can you forsee all the possible negative repercussions? No one can.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: Merging science and spirituality.. [Re: Swami]
    #815308 - 08/13/02 02:06 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

This is a good point.

I, too, am against many of the things that science has done for us. However, I also agree with Adamist, that science will save us.

Swami is right when he says there is no way to forsee all the possible repurcussions of any action we take, and that we would have stagnated long ago if we hadn't taken these chances.

I do not like where science has taken us so far.
But I am a firm believer that science and experimentation are the only ways to take us further, into a better world.

Hydrogen powered cars are just the first step.

Imagine if no one was ever brave enough to eat a mushroom and see what it did to you. That is science right there. We simply have to take chances.

--------------------
Namaste.

Anonymous

Re: Merging science and spirituality.. [Re: Swami]
    #815434 - 08/13/02 02:50 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

If we gain a better understanding of the term what comes around goes around.. in a metaphysical sense.. then I think it would be much easier to forsee the possible reactions of an action. What I propose is approaching science from a natural standpoint... create technology that flows with nature, not against it. This power struggle of man vs. nature isn't helpful.. nature would win.

So yeah.. I'm waiting for unlimited free energy machines, handheld chakra/astral analyzer, and an inter-dimensional beamship.

OfflineTraveller
enthusiast
Re: Merging science and spirituality.. [Re: Adamist]
    #815556 - 08/13/02 03:51 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

"science has failed our earth"???

maybe you're not sure of what the word science means?

Offlinepostalboy
I'm not myfucking khaki's!
Loc: My tiny corner of the pad...
Re: Merging science and spirituality.. [Re: Traveller]
    #815633 - 08/13/02 04:24 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I don't think science failed the earth. I believe that man has failed science...
Science is pure. the motivations of greed and power have perverted it to what it is today. Science is Galileo seeing the stars and recognizing shadows on the moon. Greed is making a bomb that will kill 200 million people as opposed to those crappy bombs that only kill 10 million...

--------------------
"You people voted for Hubert Humphrey, and you killed Jesus." F and L in L.V.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: Merging science and spirituality.. [Re: postalboy]
    #815749 - 08/13/02 05:18 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I was referring to man's use of science.

--------------------

OfflineBrainNirvana
Stranger

Re: Merging science and spirituality.. [Re: Adamist]
    #815768 - 08/13/02 05:26 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

One way to look at this is without technology right now would our current population be able to sustain itself? Think of all the technology in med., hospitals and things. Babies being born that wouldn't without technology. It's feels as though we relay on technology more then we do nature.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #815995 - 08/13/02 06:46 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Things are being genetically modified on an everyday basis. This is called evolution.

GM is usually more about putting the genes of arctic fish into tomatoes so they withstand the cold better etc. Arctic fish don't naturally tend to mate with tomato plants.

In England the government and Monsanto assured us that by leaving a 300 yard gap between GM fields and wild plants there would be no contamination. Recently weeds have been found contaminated with GM 3 miles away from the GM fields. GM food is basically an attempt by corporations to force us to eat their garbage and force third world farmers to buy their seed from them instead of getting it naturally from their own crops.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
Re: Merging science and spirituality.. [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #816516 - 08/14/02 12:53 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

I, too, am against many of the things that science has done for us. However, I also agree with Adamist, that science will save us.

Or it will kill us, is not really science, but our miss use of it.
I believe that us a species, all this new discoveries are necessary, I don't believe in stopping science or going back to medieval times like some people would like, no we have to go forward, we have pass that face in history.
The only problem I see is that we have advance scientifically to fast with out evolving spiritually, and that could lead us into some big problems and perhaps extinction.
But is all part of evolution.

--------------------

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #816934 - 08/14/02 06:29 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

It would be funny if all of a sudden $ became worthless.

Only when the last fish is caught,
Only when the last tree is cut down,
Only when the last fruits are plucked
Will we discover that money cannot be eaten.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #816978 - 08/14/02 06:51 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Things are being genetically modified on an everyday basis. This is called evolution

Nature seems to have a way of keeping things in balance, but only because our life expectancy only lets us see one tiny sliver of time in all of eternity. Just a few frames of the movie. Sure, the water cycle appears to be self-sustaining, ecosystems appear to be perpetual, but it took billions of years for the conditions on this planet to be stable enough to sustain life, and it can't possibly last forever. In another few billion years the sun will grow to a red giant and engulf the earth. Nature on earth won't be so balanced then heheehe.

Don't forget that humans and all our technology are products of nature too. I guess if you look at the entire scope, the whole universe and the entire timeline of its existence, then it does balance. Planets and stars are born and destroyed, things collide, as gravity and the properties of matter do their thing. I'm of the opinion that the properties of matter are the sole determinant of everything that has ever happened or ever will happen. It just so happened that things worked out that this planet developed the conditions to sustain us and that some of these organisms eventualy got around to putting up the Shroomery.

I don't object to being careful with regards to technology such as genetic engineering, but I do resent politicians' and celebrities' don't-go-there-EVER attitude with respect to human cloning or stem cell research, when they probably know very little about the technology. Sadly, the political dispositions are FAR more influential on the course of science than actual research and evidence. And yes, my personal curiosity outweighs my concern about the implications of such things. I'd really like to see what the mad scientists do. And they'll do it whether we like it or not. I'm very excited about the fact that I live in such an age. The internet itself is astounding.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract