Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
Tripping Alone
    #8138830 - 03/12/08 08:25 PM (16 years, 19 days ago)

A theme on these forums I've noticed is that people really like tripping alone.  When giving advice people always tell noobs to trip alone.

Am I the only one that HATES tripping alone?  I get SO fucking lonely and lost in my head, every time I've done it I would have given anything for a friend to talk too.  I really need another person there to keep me in balance, and to anchor me to reality.  When I'm alone there's no context, I am just alone in my world of insanity.

Maybe the reason is that for me, the perfect trip is spent chilling out and talking 90% of the duration.  I just never get tired of it.  I don't ever really look for visuals or relish how tripped out I am, so maybe that explains why I don't like tripping alone :shrug:  If tripping gave no visuals at all I would still love it just as much, so the prospect of sitting alone in a room staring at shit just doesn't do it for me.

Any thoughts?

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNlightNd1
∇Δ∇Δ∇Δ∇
Male User Gallery

Loc: Holographic Omniverse
Re: Tripping Alone [Re: g00ru]
    #8138877 - 03/12/08 08:32 PM (16 years, 19 days ago)

I like tripping alone because I like taking high doses. Conversations don't go to well when you trip as hard as I like to.

--------------------
Turn off your mind, relax and floatdown stream. It is not dying. Lay down all thought, surrender to the void. It is shining.

:darkside: Pink Floyd :darkside:

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Tripping Alone [Re: NlightNd1]
    #8138898 - 03/12/08 08:35 PM (16 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

NlightNd1 said:
I like tripping alone because I like taking high doses. Conversations don't go to well when you trip as hard as I like to.

Same here. 

Tripping alone is GREAT for getting real inner work done.  When I trip with others, I don't feel I can "access" those very deep inner realms as throughly. 

My preferred way to trip is to take a solid dose, trip balls for hours, and then as I am coming down, go seek out some friends.  :smile: 

I do love tripping with my friends too though, don't get me wrong.  I just LOVE tripping alone because I can get so much more done when it's just me, myself and I.

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Tripping Alone [Re: MOTH]
    #8138913 - 03/12/08 08:37 PM (16 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

MOTH said:
Quote:

NlightNd1 said:

Same here. 

Tripping alone is GREAT for getting real inner work done.  When I trip with others, I don't feel I can "access" those very deep inner realms as throughly. 

My preferred way to trip is to take a solid dose, trip balls for hours, and then as I am coming down, go seek out some friends.  :smile: 

I do love tripping with my friends too though, don't get me wrong.  I just LOVE tripping alone because I can get so much more done when it's just me, myself and I.

Absolutely.  Sometimes I want to commune and other times Iw ant to take high doses and really work on myself, as a human being, and just Be, Alone.  And then seeking out company on the come down is so much fun because there's so much to tell and I'm almost overwhelmed by myself and need distraction. As far as doing that "work" on myself that I love to do on psychedelics, that inner processing and reflection...high doses alone are the way to go.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlineallisthesame
Stranger

Re: Tripping Alone [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8138932 - 03/12/08 08:40 PM (16 years, 19 days ago)

I agree with pretty much everything else in this thread... I love tripping alone and with people it's just a different story... always has the same ending though!

--------------------
Guess what?; You...

A spot of Sunshine: We are energy,... matter is energy that simply has been reduced to a crawl and condensed together to form something.

InvisibleLayYouIn
Taurus
Male User Gallery

Loc: Organ
Re: Tripping Alone [Re: NlightNd1]
    #8138979 - 03/12/08 08:47 PM (16 years, 19 days ago)

Edited by LayYouIn (07/28/08 06:50 PM)

Offlinethizzles29
Stranger
Re: Tripping Alone [Re: LayYouIn]
    #8139012 - 03/12/08 08:53 PM (16 years, 19 days ago)

I like tripping alone because you can do what you want to do, and not have your annoying friends fucking up your trip.

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Re: Tripping Alone [Re: thizzles29]
    #8139065 - 03/12/08 09:03 PM (16 years, 19 days ago)

See even on high doses I like being with my friends. What usually happens is we retreat to our own little worlds and every 45 minutes or something one of us will just mutter a phrase. It's really epic. And if we DO manage to actually converse, it's sure to be something important.

I've never actually tripped and learned something completely new about myself, in that sense, so that could be another reason I'm averse to solo tripping. My knowledge gained from my experiences comes from reflecting and interpreting on my experiences, and I can gain that with mah buds as much as anybody else.

But when it comes down to it I think the reason I hate tripping alone is I get spooked too easily. My last solo trip was 5 grams. It was going GREAT at first, listening to pink floyd as my room melted around me in the light of my blue television screen. I'm not sure what happened, but 3 hours later I was in the fetal position under my covers as my sanity crumbled around me. To be fair I wasn't prepared for a dose that big at the time (my previous highest had been 1/8th).

--------------------
check out my music!

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Re: Tripping Alone [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8139083 - 03/12/08 09:06 PM (16 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
And then seeking out company on the come down is so much fun because there's so much to tell and I'm almost overwhelmed by myself and need distraction.

Yeah that's exactly what I'm talking about. Actually I've never tripped alone and then went to go find friends, its always been solo start to finish. Usually finishing in a 4 or 5 hour battle of semi tripping as I try desperately to fall asleep. I could see having even the prospect of human contact being very reassuring and maybe change my attitude towards trippin alone.

--------------------
check out my music!

Offline81Renaissance
Mad Scientist
Male

#8139099 - 03/12/08 09:09 PM (16 years, 19 days ago)

These exchanges bring up a good point too: There are no hard and fast rules about tripping in a group or alone, but to get the most out of a trip you really have to know yourself, and to some degree know, or at least respect the shrooms. Some people are absolute rocks, and almost nothing gets them to a place they can't handle, others need the security of companionship, and this applies a lot on your first trips before you're familiar with the effects of psychedelics.
I've done it both ways, I've had great experiences both ways, but they are very different. To thine own self be true right?

--------------------
"Every passing moment is another chance to turn it all around."

InvisibleLayYouIn
Taurus
Male User Gallery

Loc: Organ
Re: Tripping Alone [Re: 81Renaissance]
    #8142936 - 03/13/08 07:24 PM (16 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

81Renaissance said:
Some people are absolute rocks, and almost nothing gets them to a place they can't handle

that's a lot of what it is.  some people need others, some dont.  if the majority of people had as bad of a trip as i did when i ate the 8 grams, i honestly believe that they wouldn't have handled it as well as me.  i was somewhat freaking out, but still collect.  i was DEFINITELY worth it, and i hope i have a nice scare like that in future trips.  :crazy2:

Offlinedle_240
Dark Gambit
 User Gallery

Loc: Darkness
Re: Tripping Alone [Re: LayYouIn]
    #8142984 - 03/13/08 07:34 PM (16 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

LayYouIn said:
Quote:

81Renaissance said:
Some people are absolute rocks, and almost nothing gets them to a place they can't handle

that's a lot of what it is.  some people need others, some dont.  if the majority of people had as bad of a trip as i did when i ate the 8 grams, i honestly believe that they wouldn't have handled it as well as me.  i was somewhat freaking out, but still collect.  i was DEFINITELY worth it, and i hope i have a nice scare like that in future trips.  :crazy2:

Yes.  I aggree.  Some people can handle more than others.  I haven't ever taken shrooms alone but I am planing on it once I get a new job.  I have taken DXM before alone.  It was a very interesting experience.  It really made me think about stuff.  But then later on in the day I felt so weird.  Like I was outside myself.  I think thats why I stoped taking DXM.  It just got old and I didn't like how it made me feel anymore.

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

Loc: off the wall
    #8143041 - 03/13/08 07:45 PM (16 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

guruu said:But when it comes down to it I think the reason I hate tripping alone is I get spooked too easily. My last solo trip was 5 grams. It was going GREAT at first, listening to pink floyd as my room melted around me in the light of my blue television screen. I'm not sure what happened, but 3 hours later I was in the fetal position under my covers as my sanity crumbled around me.

'breaking through' IS having all melt away. scary indeed, but it does bring much understanding.

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Re: Tripping Alone [Re: deranger]
    #8143088 - 03/13/08 07:53 PM (16 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

SyntheticMInd said:
Quote:

guruu said:But when it comes down to it I think the reason I hate tripping alone is I get spooked too easily. My last solo trip was 5 grams. It was going GREAT at first, listening to pink floyd as my room melted around me in the light of my blue television screen. I'm not sure what happened, but 3 hours later I was in the fetal position under my covers as my sanity crumbled around me.

'breaking through' IS having all melt away. scary indeed, but it does bring much understanding.

Yeah I'm just now beginning to understand what happened that night. It took a lot of low dose tripping to make sense of it.

--------------------
check out my music!

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: Andromeda Galaxy
    #8143290 - 03/13/08 08:23 PM (16 years, 18 days ago)

an eigth + 2 grams syrian rue = :crazy2::mushroom2:

--------------------
And they wandered off.. nine ways till bedfast.
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

Offlinechemical burn
fgt
Female

Loc: Ontario
Re: Tripping Alone [Re: Zinglons Acolyte]
    #8143369 - 03/13/08 08:36 PM (16 years, 18 days ago)

I don't like tripping alone. I'm usually alone for the last couple hours of my trip rather than the whole trip though. But even that I don't like. I don't even like being in the washroom lol. I just can't stand the solitude. The presence of someone else (even if we aren't talking) makes me feel much more comfortable.
My boyfriend and I always do high doses together. Lots of the time we'll just sit in silence in the dark with good muisc on and trip out. One we were at his cottage and we just laid under the stars with weed and lawn chairs and watched the sky for hours.
I prefer tripping with others to tripping alone for sure.

--------------------
take another death trip on your cocaine line, then take a step into my psychedelic mind.

OfflineDerk
Friend
Male

Re: Tripping Alone [Re: chemical burn]
    #8143715 - 03/13/08 09:34 PM (16 years, 18 days ago)

I don't really consider psychedelics a recreational drug, that just seems like you're disrespecting the plants. You can get some really good work done while tripping and being with someone else is just distracting.

Offlinegotcha420haha
Not Available
Male User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
Re: Tripping Alone [Re: Derk]
    #8143945 - 03/13/08 10:17 PM (16 years, 18 days ago)

I like to trip alone just because it allows for 2 important things. One, I need the freedom to do whatever i want whenever i want. Specifically, i like to get completely naked when i trip in my room at night, just naked meditation or laying on my bed listening to music.

Number two, it allows for the quiet introspective thought that i seek when i trip, as others have mentioned, i find even my best of friends distracting and even annoying at some points. At times it even brings the trip down because they are trying to do their thing and you are trying to do yours and sometimes they can conflict.

Then you are faced with an awkward situation, do you ask them to stop doing whatever it is they are doing for you to more enjoy your trip and them to enjoy theirs less? I don't know what to do at this point and this is why i prefer tripping alone.

--------------------

"Sometimes I wonder, If I know where I am going. I go for a walk and it seems like I have been walking for years and years and I don't know where I'm going. I hear the sound leading me on."

Offlinefizzlefry
Stranger
Male

Loc: Utah
Re: Tripping Alone [Re: Derk]
    #8143968 - 03/13/08 10:21 PM (16 years, 18 days ago)

It all depends on the people im with. If im with someone i am really close to then i love tripping with them. I'm convinced i have had telepathic conversations with my best friend. I feel i have such a stronger bond and better relationship with the people i have tripped with. But i also agree with whoever said higher doses are best for tripping alone. I trip alone most often.

--------------------
isnt it good to be lost in the wood?

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: Tripping Alone [Re: fizzlefry]
    #8144084 - 03/13/08 10:43 PM (16 years, 18 days ago)

IMHO... as the others have said... on high doses its better to be alone and you can really get inside of yourself and just being alone in the thought loops that come from eating and ounce and with a lil MAOI help can speak revelations to you... on lower doses i still prefer to be alone becuase i am easily paranoid and annoyed by ppl that wont stop talking and let me trip...

but ive also always said thats why mushrooms are the perfect chemical... they can be whatever you want them to be

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag